|This article is about a/an ranger in Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters.|
|Sentai Show:||Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters|
|First Appearance:||Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger vs. Uchuu Keiji Gavan: The Movie|
|Last Full Appearance:||Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger vs. Go-Busters: Dinosaur Great Battle! Farewell, Eternal Friends|
|Number of Episode Appearances:||50 (Go-Busters)|
Full list of appearances
|Actor:|| Arisa Komiya|
Kokoro Hirasawa (as a child)
Yellow Buster Powered Custom
- For her V-Cinema alternate see Yoko Usami (V-Cinema)
- "Yellow Buster!"
- ―Yellow Buster's roll call[src]
The youngest of the group. The three Go-Busters make their first appearance in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger vs. Uchuu Keiji Gavan: The Movie where they take on their predecessors' nemesis, Basco ta Jolokia, to make sure he didn't get the Galleon.
She gained incredible kicking and jumping power from an accident, and as such this is her Buster Power. Her powers have a trade-off however. Her weakness is that if she runs out of calories for her "inner battery" to burn, she will be unable to move. Thus, she compensates by eating lots of candy.
13 years ago, when Messiah was newly created, it trapped the scientists and Buddy Roids into a small room. Yoko was among the trapped, as her mother was one of the scientists. After the head scientist teleported the facility to a dimension in hyper-space, Yoko, Ryuji, and Hiromu, as well as the Buddy Roids, were left behind. The little girl broke down, distraught that she had lost her mother. It was here that Hiromu promised that he would bring their parents back.
Super Hero Taisen
Yoko was caught up in the Super Hero Taisen incident, along with her teammates. She took part in the final battle, before being ejected from her Buster Machine.
Super Hero Taisen Z
While waiting for her teammates at a barbecue, Yoko discovered a small robot called Psycholon. After repairing him, Yoko acted as his protector from both Space Shocker and Madou. She helped him to break free from their control.
Kyoryuger vs. Go-Busters
As her team failed to rescue Ryouga from Deboth, their next mission is to protect the Kyoryugers. They arrive where the Kyoryugers are and manage to escape from Neo-Grifforzer and Neo-Geildon as they split up. Later, Yoko and Amy fought Escape as she told them that Vaglass is part the plan of awaking Space War God Borudosu. Yoko let Amy escape to save Geki and Ryouga as she stays to fight Escape. She later meet up with her team, but they were too late as the Kyoryugers were brainwashed and enters the past to have the dinosaur extincted. Her team arrive at the Spirit Base as they inform Kuroki and Torin about the Kyoryugers' action. He then gives the Go-Busters a task to save Geki and Ryouga from Deboth, with Torin's assistance. As they arrive in the satellite, they were too late to save the Red warriors as they fought Deboth's Knights. Overpowered, they still continue fighting until J arrive. Much to their surprise, Jin appears as he reveals to them that he is also part of Vaglass' residual program as his data was stored in J. Her team fought back as they manage to destroy the satellite to restore the Dinosaur Sentai's Dino Hope. As Space War God Borudosu is awakened and the Dinosaur Sentais were having trouble fighting the monster, they were about to join, but Beet Buster gave them the Go-Busters Zyudenchi as this is his final thing to do before he disappears. They join the battle as they entered in Raiden Kyoryuzin and formed Tategami Raiden Kyoryuzin to finish off Space War God Borudosu.
Powers and Abilities
- Power Jump
- Yoko can jump at an incredible height, even surpass other superhuman Busters.
- Power Kick
- Using her legs, Yoko can perform a very powerful kick.
- Double Jump
- By combining with Usada Lettuce in Powered Custom mode, Yoko can create elastic platforms in mid-air that allows her to jump infinitely and flexibly.
- Calorie Depletion
- She needs a steady supply of caloric energy in form of sugar, and if it runs out , she will be totally exhausted and immobilized.
Video Game appearances
Go-Busters video game
Yoko as Yellow Buster appears with her team in the Nintendo DS Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters video game.
- Yoko Usami/Yellow Buster: to be added
- Yoko Usami/Yellow Buster Powered Custom: to be added
Super Sentai Battle Base
Yellow Buster is among the vast pantheon of Rangers which are available in the mobile game Super Sentai Battle Base, with her Powered Custom being available as well.
- "It's Morphin' Time!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Buster Vehicle RH-03: Yellow Buster's helicopter.
- RH-03's Animal/MegaZord Mode, RH-03 Rabbit
- "Powered Custom! It's Morphin' Time!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
As Yellow Buster uses the GB Custom Visor, Usada Lettuce's data transfers and projects onto Yellow Buster's suit to form a powerful armor based on the "protector" prototypes. Usada and Yellow Buster, to a degree, are combined and can generate airborne forcefields on which Yellow Buster can jump onto and from. Yellow Buster/Usada gain the attack "Rappit Kick" which is a super-charged full body projectile and/or drill attack.
Appearances: Episodes 33-37, 39-42, Go-Busters Returns, 46, Go-Busters vs. Gokaiger, 47-50, Kyoryuger vs. Go-Busters
Yoko is somewhat boisterous and tends to say things without thinking. She is also not afraid to say things as she sees it. She also has a strong dislike for Hiromu, to the point of calling him a "siscon", and thinks that he'll be a hindrance - which gradually goes away.
Energy Management Center profile
- This profile is given in the Go-Busters credit shots in the opening sequence.
- ID: 777-117-464
- Code Name: Yellow Buster
- Blood type: O
- Age: 16
- Luka used this key as part of a fight against the Zyuohgers.
- A copy of Yellow Buster was created by Filmloid as part of a fake Go-Buster trio.
- Two Buglars were given the appearance of Yellow Buster by Sprayloid 2.
Yoko Usami is portrayed by Arisa Komiya (小宮 有紗 Komiya Arisa?). As a child, she is portrayed by Kokoro Hirasawa (平澤 宏々路 Hirasawa Kokoro?). Yoko was briefly portrayed by Katsuhiro Suzuki (鈴木 勝大 Suzuki Katsuhiro?) in Mission 28: Beware of Chickens, when Sprayloid 2 caused her appearance to change into that of Hiromu, though Arisa Komiya still provided Yoko's voice.
As Yellow Buster, her suit actor is Yuichi Hachisuka (蜂須賀 祐一 Hachisuka Yūichi?) whose previous role was Gokai Yellow in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger. Like many female rangers, her suit actor is actually male, Yuichi Hachisuka having had only a few male roles since starting as Change Phoenix in Dengeki Sentai Changeman. In Kamen Rider × Super Sentai × Space Sheriff: Super Hero Taisen Z, her suit actor was Jiro Uchikawa (内川 仁朗 Uchikawa Jirō?).
Yellow Buster is notably the last female Ranger to be portrayed by a male suit actor, all heroines in succeeding series would be portrayed by female suit actors as Yuichi Hachisuka moved to portraying female villains.
Behind the scenes
- Yellow Buster is the first Sentai Hero to be based on a lagomorph, but not the first Tokusatsu character to be related to a lagomorph in any way. She is preceded by Usagi Tsukino from Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, whose name means "Rabbit of the Moon". Yoko Usami means "Rabbit of the Ocean".
- She is also the first female Sentai Hero to have a helicopter-themed mecha since Pink Mask.
- Her last name is even one letter off from the word meaning rabbit in Japanese (being usagi.)
- She is the only Go-Buster with a Buddy Roid of the opposite gender.
- Yoko is the third Sentai hero to sing the song that Remi Hoshikawa (FiveYellow) taught her pupils in the first episode of Fiveman, having sung it in Mission 42. Umeko also sang it in the first episode of Dekaranger.
- Yoko's super-jumping ability is similar to that of Lou of the Flashmen; the latter having gained it from her training on the Pink Star of the Flash System.
- In the Korean dub of Go-Busters entitled Power Rangers Go-Busters, which aired in South Korea, Yoko is renamed Raby, while she keeps her ranger name.
- Yellow Buster at the Super Sentai Battle: Dice-O official website
- Yellow Buster at the Dice-O Wiki