|This article is about a/an episode in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
|When is a Ranger Not a Ranger?|
|Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Season 2), Episode 2x31|
|Air date November 15, 1994|
|Written by Judd Lynn|
|Directed by Jonathan Tzachor|
Mirror of Regret
Rocky Just Wants to Have Fun
Our heroes learn how a kaleidoscope works while Lord Zedd makes plans to turn the kaleidoscope into a terrible monster. Now the Rangers must use their knowledge and power to defeat Zedd's newest creature.
- Jason David Frank as Tommy Oliver (White Ranger)
- Steve Cardenas as Rocky DeSantos (Red Ranger) (as Steven Cardenas)
- Johnny Yong Bosch as Adam Park (Black Ranger) (as John Bosch)
- David Yost as Billy Cranston (Blue Ranger)
- Karan Ashley as Aisha Campbell (Yellow Ranger)
- Amy Jo Johnson as Kimberly Hart (Pink Ranger)
- Paul Schrier as Bulk
- Jason Narvy as Skull
- Royce Herron as Miss Appleby
- David Fielding as Zordon
- Bob Manahan as Zordon
- Sandi Sellner as Alpha 5
- Richard Steven Horvitz as Alpha 5 (voice)
- Ed Neil as Lord Zedd
- Robert Axelrod as Lord Zedd (voice)
- Danny Wayne as Goldar
- Kerrigan Mahan as Goldar (voice)
- Michael J. Sorich as Squatt (voice)
- Dave Mallow as Baboo (voice)
- ??? as Scatterbrain (voice)
- Bulk and Skull's reaction to temporarily discovering the Power Rangers' secret identities is identical to their similar reaction when the Space Power Rangers revealed their identities to all of Angel Grove in "Countdown to Destruction", as both episodes have the same writer and director, as well as a four-year gap between them.
- Despite having known Adam and Rocky for some time before the events of "The Ninja Encounter", Aisha describes Kimberly as her best friend.
- When the memory-wiped Rangers first return to the Command Center, Billy notices Alpha 5 and says, "Whoa! A fully sentient, multi-functional automaton!", repeating his words from "Day of the Dumpster". The scene even includes a similar view of Billy from Alpha's optic processor.
- Similarly, Kimberly uses the same remark of "Would somebody please pick me up and bring me back to Earth?" as she did in "Day of the Dumpster", when the situation is explained to her.
- In an earlier script draft, the showdown of Bulk and Skull protecting the Rangers from Scatterbrain was originally planned to take place in Angel Grove Park instead of a random desert, and the Rangers would've originally stayed unmorphed after regaining their memories.
- Adam was the only Ranger to have his memories wiped when unmorphed, but when Scatterbrain's spell was broken by Bulk and Skull, Adam was morphed with the rest of the Power Rangers when they got their memories back.