|This article is about a/an set of rangers in Kousoku Sentai Turboranger.|
For the Power Rangers team with a similar name, see Category:Turbo Rangers
- "Kousoku Sentai Turboranger"
- ―Turborangers announcing their arrival[src]
Kousoku Sentai Turboranger (高速戦隊ターボレンジャー Kōsoku Sentai Tāborenjā), individually known as the Turborangers (高速戦隊ターボレンジャー Tāborenjā), is the 13th Super Sentai, composed of five high school students who were recruited to fight the Hundred Boma Tribes.
Twenty thousand years ago, the Fairy race assisted humans in a battle against the Bōma Tribes and sealed them away. Due to modern day pollution and man's destruction of nature, the power of Fairy magic has weakened, allowing the seal to be broken and the Tribes escape. With the help of Doctor Dazai, Seelon, the last of the fairies, summoned five high school seniors. As children, they were showered with the "flames of spirit" of the fallen fairies in a forest, and can now hear Seelon's voice. Donning powered suits, the product of a collaboration between Seelon's magic and Doctor Dazai's science, the five become the Turborangers, juggling days of fighting with their regular school lives, in order to defeat the Bōma Tribes.
|Red Turbo||Riki Honoo|
|Black Turbo||Daichi Yamagata|
|Blue Turbo||Youhei Hama|
|Yellow Turbo||Shunsuke Hino|
|Pink Turbo||Haruna Morikawa|
The Turborangers are prone to having their powers taken away by the Boma or running out of the fairy power empowering them; when they do, their entire suit outside their helmet visor becomes a pure white in color. This can be restored to the proper suit by the Turborangers by restoring the fairy magic within them, generally through the power of their own youth.
Years later, the Space Empire Zangyack invaded Earth. This threat was so great that all of the first 34 Super Sentai, including the Turborangers, were needed to oppose them. The 34 Sentai put up a valiant fight against the ground forces, but when the Zangyack fleet itself attacked them, Akarenger told everyone to combine their powers and save the Earth. This destroyed the Zangyack fleet and resulted in the loss of their powers, which resurfaced as Ranger Keys, that were dispersed throughout the universe.
The keys were collected by AkaRed, and later utilized by the 35th Super Sentai, the Gokaigers, a group of five people from different planets who came to Earth in search of the Greatest Treasure in the Universe. When the Gokaigers joined forces with the Goseigers against the revived Black Cross Führer, now known as the Black Cross King, they were addressed by Akarenger, along with several other representatives of past Sentai teams, including Riki, who told the Gokaigers and Goseigers that now that all the Super Sentai powers were gathered in one place, they must use the power given to them and their courage to protect the shining blue earth. As with the other legends present, he granted the greater power of his team to the Gokaigers. Riki and his team presumably got their powers back when the Gokaigers returned the Ranger Keys before leaving Earth after finally defeating the Zangyack.
Super Hero Taisen
The Turborangers, among the majority of the Super Sentai heroes, were caught up in the "Super Hero Taisen" incident. They were presumably sent to the dimensional rift, under the pretense of being defeated, by Kamen Rider Decade while he was apparently hunting the Sentai teams. When his and Captain Marvelous' ruse was revealed, the Turborangers appeared with the other Super Sentai through the dimensional wall, they then fought alongside all the other Sentai teams and Kamen Riders against the alliance of Dai-Shocker and Dai-Zangyack.
The Space Pirates Return
Evidently, the Turborangers loaned their Ranger Keys - at the request of Gai Ikari - to the Gokaigers whom had temporarily returned to Earth to find and bestow the Great King's Credential to the Zyuohgers. Their powers were returned when the Gokaigers left for space once more having achieved their quest.
Zyuohger vs. Ninninger
Chou Super Hero Taisen
Iterations of the Kousoku Sentai Turboranger existed within the Game World among a countless complement of recreated Sentai and Rider characters; Red Turbo participated in the Chou Super Hero Taisen tournament as part of Team Highspeed.
- Legend:◆ piloted mecha, ❖ aux mecha, ◇ combo-assist zord, ● other
- Super Turbobuilder ◆◆◆◆◆❖◇
Ranger KeysKousoku Sentai Turboranger Ranger Keys (高速戦隊ターボレンジャーレンジャーキー Kōsoku Sentai Tāborenjā Renjā Kī) are what became of the Turborangers' powers after they along with the rest of the 34 Super Sentai sacrificed their powers to end the Great Legend War.
- Red Turbo Key (レッドターボキー Reddo Tābo Ki)
- Black Turbo Key (ブラックターボキー Burakku Tābo Ki)
- Blue Turbo Key (ブルーターボキー Burū Tābo Ki)
- Yellow Turbo Key (イエローターボキー Ierō Tābo Ki)
- Pink Turbo Key (ピンクターボキー Pinku Tābo Ki)
Gokaiger/Turboranger Gokai Change
|Red Turbo||Captain Marvelous|
|Blue Turbo||Joe Gibken|
|Yellow Turbo||Luka Millfy (female version)|
|Black Turbo||Don Dogoier|
|Pink Turbo||Ahim de Famille|
Video Game appearances
Super Sentai Battle: Dice-O
The Turborangers are among all the Sentai teams which appear in the arcade game Super Sentai Battle: Dice-O
Super Sentai Battle Base
The Turborangers are among all the Sentai teams which appear in the mobile game Super Sentai Battle Base.
Super Sentai Legend Wars
Turboranger is among all the Sentai teams which appear in the mobile game Super Sentai Legend Wars.
- The Turborangers are the first Sentai team to be composed of High School students, followed by the Megarangers. This is, however, commonplace in the American series.
- The Turborangers are the first Super Sentai team to share their name with a Power Rangers team, the Turbo Rangers, even sharing the use of giant cars as mecha/zords. In an added ironic bit, the Japanese counterpart to the Turbo Power Rangers' series, Gekisou Sentai Carranger, is generally accepted as a parody of Kousoku Sentai Turboranger.
- The Turborangers were the first team to include “Ranger” in their team name, although this would not become common practice until Zyuranger several years later.
- Ricky (Riki), Junie (Daichi), Ian (Yousei), Ronnie (Shunsuke), and Karina (Haruna) were the names used in the Philippines (as Tagalog dubbing).
- In the French and the Spanish dub, all the names were kept with the exception of Riki, which was given the name Chikara (the other reading of his given name's kanji).