Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article needs to be updated.
needs additional details to flesh the article out
These omissions are so great that the article's factual accuracy has been compromised. Check out the discussion page and revision history for further clues about what needs to be updated in this article.
|This article is about a/an ranger in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie, existing in a different continuity than the TV series.|
|Movie:||Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie|
|First Appearance:||Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie|
|Number of Episode|
Full list of appearances
|Actor:||Jason David Frank|
- "It's Morphin Time!"
Tommy Oliver is the White Ranger and leader of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. An armored warrior, The White Ranger had the power of the White Tiger channeled through his Power Morpher and Power Coin.
When the Command Center was destroyed, the Rangers were forced to teleport to Phaedos in order to retrieve the Great Power with the last remaining power of the Command Center, to the dying Zordon's protests.
Once there, he and the other rangers meet Dulcea, who once learning of their mentor Zordon's plight, helps them tap into the power of the Ninjetti, where Tommy learned that in him is an animal spirit waiting to be released - his being the Falcon. As Ninjetti, he and the rangers travel to the Monolith in order to retrieve the Great Power. Though waylaid by the Gatekeepers, Tommy and the others manage to access the Monolith, which also bore the Falcon symbol among its many creature emblems. It's here where Tommy gained the power of the Falcon Ninjazord. The zords return the rangers' powers and Tommy finds himself clad in his ranger armor with the Falcon's symbol emblazoned on his chest.
He returned to Angel Grove with the other Rangers to battle Ivan Ooze and emerged victorious. With his Ninjetti power, he, along with the other rangers managed to revive the dying Zordon, reconstruct his energy tube and return the Command Center to a fully-functioning state.
As part of NYCC 2015, Bandai released an exclusive Dino Charge Mighty Morphin' Movie Charger set with each Dino Charger depicting four pictures. In Mighty Morphin' White's case, it featured his Ranger form, Saba, the Falconzord, and the MMPR Movie title.
Differences with TV version
- In the movie, Tommy morphs with the call 'White Tiger!'. He comes last in the order of morphs as opposed to coming first in the TV series with the call 'Tigerzord'. Notably, the White Tigerzord isn't mentioned in the film, nor are any of the previous zords.
- Unlike the TV version, Tommy's suit design sculpt matches the rest of the rangers with an angular chest plate. The chest plate however was colored black and lined with gold to match the TV look.
- In the movie, Tommy wears his Power Morpher as a belt buckle, like the rest of the Rangers. In the TV series, he doesn't, but has an ancient Greek meander-like one instead, as the White Ranger suit came from a different Sentai that didn't use the same morpher and buckle. Also, Tommy's Morpher has silver plates instead of gold ones.
- The opening narration states that Zordon and Alpha 5 chose six teenagers to become the Rangers. Taken literally, it could mean that Tommy was there from the beginning. However, this could also be explained away as a literary shortcut for the sake of the opening. He was chosen to wield the White Tiger/ Tigerzord Coin after Rita's Green/ Dragon coin.
- Ignoring the narration, the film details none of the history from before its events. Thus, despite aesthetics, seasons one and two of MMPR can be treated as Tommy's prior history, while season 3 which retells some of the events of the film may not be considered his future in detail.
- Like the TV series, Tommy's costume design, as well as his initial powers and weaponry was based off of KibaRanger, the Sixth Ranger of Gosei Sentai Dairanger.
- His belt design, however, is based on the Zyurangers, like the rest of the Rangers.
- His 'new' Falcon powers and Falconzord were based from the Super Sentai Series installment Ninja Sentai Kakuranger. In the original show however, there was no ranger counterpart for the Falcon powers, as the Falconzord's Sentai counterpart was a sentient, if animalistic-minded, mecha.
|Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie|
|Tommy Oliver - Rocky DeSantos - Adam Park - Billy Cranston - Aisha Campbell - Kimberly Ann Hart|
|Power Morphers - Power Coins - Power Blasters - Power Scope - Power Beams - Stega Stinger - Pterodactyl Thunder Whip - Saba - Ninjetti - Wrist Communicators|
|Zordon - Alpha 5 - Dulcea - Fred Kelman|
|Zords and Megazords|
|Ninja FalconZord - Ninja ApeZord - Ninja FrogZord - Ninja WolfZord - Ninja BearZord - Ninja CraneZord|
|Ninja Megazord - Ninja FalconMegazord|
|Lord Zedd - Rita Repulsa - Ivan Ooze|
|Goldar - Mordant|
|Oozemen - Tengu Warriors - Gatekeepers - Hornitor - Scorpitron|
|View • Talk • Edit|
Tommy • Delphine • Alyssa • Trent • Sam • Udonna • Dominic • Hayley
Tommy (alternate continuity)
|View • Talk • Edit|