Wikia

The Morphin Grid

Super Megaforce=PIRATES??

  • Digi
    Digi closed this thread because:
    At request
    23:53, December 15, 2013

    I was looking at the Super Megaforce page when i saw the weirdest thing - The Super Megaforce poster had a GREEN Ranger instead of a BLACK ranger, there was a pirate ship, those rangers looked like it came out of Ninja Storm, and most of the rangers had swords that looked like they were styled by actual pirates! I was thinking that either the poster was unofficial, or the title was messed up. What's up with that?

      Loading editor
    • Super Megaforce is adapting a different Sentai, that's what's up. Megaforce is based on Goseiger, Super Megaforce on Gokaiger.

        Loading editor
    • Oh, now i get it. I just watched the comic-con trailer for it and saw that the Black Megaforce Ranger actually turns INTO the Green Super Megaforce Ranger. Unless that's even possible...

        Loading editor
    • and besides, i don't know all that much about what the japanese watch.

        Loading editor
    • Listen, it's not really big deal about the colors, sometimes green and black take turns, and it is possible, the Megaforce Rangers will have super forms MAYBE called Gokai Morphers, it's a good teamup anyway for the 20th anniversary.

        Loading editor
    • ^The Mobilates is already confirmed to be named the Legendary Morpher.

        Loading editor
    • Okay.

        Loading editor
    • When Gosei recruited the megaforce rangers, there were colored panels in the command center, one for each ranger, which showed their qualifications for becoming a ranger. There was a green one, but no black one. Thus it's actually a bit stranger that they used the black goseiger suit and not the green one. But only slightly, as the green goseiger suit wasn't even used to my knowledge.

        Loading editor
    • That green column is a Super Megaforce spoiler, needless to say, as it's designed to match GokaiGreen instead of GoseiBlack.

        Loading editor
    • Digifiend wrote: That green column is a Super Megaforce spoiler, needless to say, as it's designed to match GokaiGreen instead of GoseiBlack.

      Yea, that makes sense too. It's still questionable how intentional that was however.

        Loading editor
    • Mattwo wrote:
      When Gosei recruited the megaforce rangers, there were colored panels in the command center, one for each ranger, which showed their qualifications for becoming a ranger. There was a green one, but no black one. Thus it's actually a bit stranger that they used the black goseiger suit and not the green one. But only slightly, as the green goseiger suit wasn't even used to my knowledge.

      GoseiGreen wasn't adapted into the Green Mega Ranger because the original Gosei Green died. Deaths would be very disturbing to young viewers. (Though I'm thinking about Kendrix now).

        Loading editor
    • And besides. That flashback was (i think) the only scene of Gosei Green.

        Loading editor
    • There's also the fact that there was no Gosei Green suit. The suit we saw for Gosei Green was a recolor of Gosei Blue's suit.

        Loading editor
    • Nbajammer wrote: There's also the fact that there was no Gosei Green suit. The suit we saw for Gosei Green was a recolor of Gosei Blue's suit.

      I'm confused, was there a gosei green suit or not? If there was, the fact it was a recolor doesn't really mean much. They could still have been separate suits. Is it even confirmed if they are the same suit?

        Loading editor
    • Irrelevant. Green had no helmet.

        Loading editor
    • Mattwo what Nbajammer means is that it's a digital recolor.

        Loading editor
    • Let me try to process this...

      Nbajammer wrote:

      There's also the fact that there was no Gosei Green suit. The suit we saw for Gosei Green was a recolor of Gosei Blue's suit.

      That sounds like a contradiction...unless you mean the "artist rendition" here on the wiki?

      By the way, I noticed the second goseigreen image doesn't specify that it's an artist rendition, if it is, the image should be modified to say it is as well.

      Digifiend wrote:

      Irrelevant. Green had no helmet.

      Yes, I just saw the other thread on that subject.

      Anyway, I'm certain at this point that there was no GoseiGreen suit period, only fanmade imagery of a possible one.

      Now all that said, back to the original point: Saban could have made a new suit.

      Of course, I have no idea what this thread even has to do with the wiki at all, aside from the image lacking a caption, as I just mentioned.

        Loading editor
    • That's no contradiction at all. We saw Gosei Green morphed. What happened was, as Dc said, it was filmed with the suit actor wearing the Gosei Blue suit (as I stated). The color was subsequently changed to green. There was no Gosei Green suit at all.

      The subject came up when you asked why Jake was Gosei Black instead of Gosei Green in order to keep the same colors between Megaforce and Super Megaforce.

        Loading editor
    • I'm looking at the trivia section of Magis, and i see the words "many fans assume", as in there's no actual confirmation that they actually used a color filter.

      If this is not the case, then that needs to be fixed.

        Loading editor
    • oh.

        Loading editor
    • Mattwo wrote: I'm looking at the trivia section of Magis, and i see the words "many fans assume", as in there's no actual confirmation that they actually used a color filter.

      If this is not the case, then that needs to be fixed.

      No, it does not need to be fixed. There is no Gosei Green suit. It is a recolor of Gosei Blue, but for the simple fact that Toei is not going to spend oodles of dollars creating a suit to be used for a whopping 10 seconds of footage. That's money thrown away. Furthermore, how can they design a suit when his mecha was not established? The only people who truly know are those who were physically there, and since none of us were, we must go by logic and conjecture which state there was no suit.

        Loading editor
    • Furthermore, to "fix" that is to say that there definitely was such a suit. Can you say there was any more than those who say there was not, and who have logic to back it up?

        Loading editor
    • Nbajammer wrote:

      No, it does not need to be fixed. There is no Gosei Green suit. It is a recolor of Gosei Blue, but for the simple fact that Toei is not going to spend oodles of dollars creating a suit to be used for a whopping 10 seconds of footage. That's money thrown away. 

      But if you recall, there was a suit for DekaGold even though it was only on screen for 10 seconds.

        Loading editor
    • GoldRanger14 wrote:

      But if you recall, there was a suit for DekaGold even though it was only on screen for 10 seconds.

      Do you have proof that it is a physical suit and not CGI, as it appears in the movie? And can you tell me how this proves Gosei Green has a suit either way (hint: you can't, because DekaGold =/= Gosei Green)?

        Loading editor
    • Nbajammer wrote:

      Do you have proof that it is a physical suit and not CGI, as it appears in the movie? And can you tell me how this proves Gosei Green has a suit either way (hint: you can't, because DekaGold =/= Gosei Green)?

      Oh, my mistake it was a CGI suit. As for the Gosei Green question, I never said that the DekaGold suit confirms that they made a Gosei Green costume, what I was saying was that the DekaGold suit (had their been one) proves that Toei would spend money to make a brief costume.

        Loading editor
    • Except that that is CGI, and not suit made.

        Loading editor
    • I know, that's what I just said

        Loading editor
    • I'm saying you have no proof there isn't a suit.

      Come to think of it, I'm not sure why I said that needs to be fixed, it's nothing but fan speculation and with the way it's worded and placed on the page that kind of thing is still encyclopedic.

      This is my mistake. I apologize.

        Loading editor
    • I've checked with Mizuho Nogawa, and here was her response on the subject:

      "If i remember correctly it was a photoshop filter. The original physical suit was poorly made and ripped pretty badly."
      ―Mizuho Nogawa
        Loading editor
    • Mattwo wrote: I'm saying you have no proof there isn't a suit.

      Come to think of it, I'm not sure why I said that needs to be fixed, it's nothing but fan speculation and with the way it's worded and placed on the page that kind of thing is still encyclopedic.

      This is my mistake. I apologize.

      I have logical proof, but you have no proof there is a suit. Which was my point all along.

        Loading editor
    • Digi wrote: I've checked with Mizuho Nogawa, and here was her response on the subject:

      "If i remember correctly it was a photoshop filter. The original physical suit was poorly made and ripped pretty badly."
      ―Mizuho Nogawa

      So there was a suit but it wasn't used. I see... not exactly sure how you'd apply photoshop filter but that's not important.

      Nbajammer wrote:

      Mattwo wrote: I'm saying you have no proof there isn't a suit.

      Come to think of it, I'm not sure why I said that needs to be fixed, it's nothing but fan speculation and with the way it's worded and placed on the page that kind of thing is still encyclopedic.

      This is my mistake. I apologize.

      I have logical proof, but you have no proof there is a suit. Which was my point all along.

      Logic on it's own isn't proof. It can not be anything more than conjecture without actual evidence, you handled the conjecture as you should have, thus as I said there is actually nothing to fix, and that's all that is important to the wiki, isn't it?

      Of course, we now have an official word, which is good enough as evidence. I have updated Magis' trivia section to append this new information.

        Loading editor
    • My suggestion, if you are confused about what is going to happen on Super Megaforce is to first watch Gokaiger (the Japanese translation of Super Megaforce). It will do a lot of explaining on what is going to happen (although Saban looks to be taking several liberties with trying to 'Amercanize' this series.

        Loading editor
    • Please look at the posting dates before posting.

      Requesting thread lock.

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Advertisement | Your ad here

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki