|This article is about a/an episode in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
|Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Season 1), Episode 1x30|
|Air date November 4, 1993|
|Written by Peggy Nicoll|
|Directed by Terence H. Winkless|
Island of Illusion
to be added.
While spending time with his cousin Jeremy, Jason discovers a map leading to a dangerous artifact called the Mirror of Destruction. Rita wants the map, and sends Scorpina and a monster called the Rockstar to retrieve it. Upon seeing Scorpina, Jason orders Jeremy to run and guard the map carefully. Jeremy complies.
The Rockstar then shoots boulders at Jason which pin him down. Zordon then informs the rest of the Rangers of Jason's dilemma. They immediately teleport to Jason's location and remove the boulders from his chest. Zordon informs the Rangers that Scorpina is loacting at a nearby beach club. He orders them to morph and intercept Scorpina, and promises to keep an eye out for Jeremy.
Meanwhile, Jeremy finds the Mirror of Destruction. A Putty then appears. Jeremy opens the mirror, which shoots a beam of energy which obliterates the Putty. The Rockstar then appears, and is also destroyed by the mirror. Realizing its destructive power, Jeremy throws the mirror away, which lands on the beach. Kimberly picks it up, but Scorpina throws her boomerang at her, which causes Kimberly to drop the mirror in midair. Scorpina catches it. Rita then makes Scorpina grow with her wand.
The Rangers summon the Dinozords. Scorpina opens the mirror, hoping to destroy the Rangers, but they hide their eyes. Goldar then appears, and holds the Megazord still. The Megazord then steps on Goldar's foot, which causes him to release it. He then stumbles right in front of the open mirror. Afraid of destroying Goldar, Scorpina throws the mirror away, giving the Rangers the opportunity to destroy the mirror with the Power Sword. Defeated, Goldar and Scorpina withdraw.
At the Youth Center, Jeremy recalls his experience with Jason and his friends. Jason is supposed to teach a karate class, but opts to continue listening to Jeremy compliment the Red Ranger. When Jeremy asks Jason where he was during the whole battle, Jason then stands up.
- Austin St. John as Jason Lee Scott (Red Ranger)
- Walter Jones as Zack Taylor (Black Ranger)
- David Yost as Billy Cranston (Blue Ranger)
- Thuy Trang as Trini Kwan (Yellow Ranger)
- Amy Jo Johnson as Kimberly Hart (Pink Ranger)
- Paul Schrier as Bulk
- Jason Narvy as Skull
- Richard Genelle as Ernie
- David Fielding as Zordon
- Bob Manahan as Zordon (voice)
- Romy J. Sharf as Alpha 5
- Richard Steven Horvitz as Alpha 5 (voice) (as Richard Wood)
- Machiko Soga as Rita Repulsa
- Barbara Goodson as Rita Repulsa (voice)
- Danny Stallcup as Goldar
- Kerrigan Mahan as Goldar (voice) (as Ryan O'Flannigan)
- Michael J. Sorich as Squatt (voice)
- Dave Mallow as Baboo (voice) (as Colin Phillips)
- Ami Kawai as Scorpina
- Wendee Lee as Scorpina (voice)
- Tony Oliver as Rockstar (voice)
- Richard Lee Jackson as Jeremy
- While Tommy is featured in the opening credits, he does not appear or is even mentioned in this episode.
- Final appearance of the RADBUG.
- In a rare occasion, a monster is destroyed by a non-Ranger. In this case, Jason's cousin, Jeremy.
- The Putties in the US footage do not have belts.
- When the Rangers morph, Billy's morphing sequence is shown even though he does not morph with the team.
- As the Black and Yellow Rangers fight Rockstar by the swimming pool, you can see the original Blue Ranger from Zyuranger, TriceraRanger Dan, far in the background.
- If Jeremy was running around in the forest avoiding putties, how did he see most of the battle the Rangers fought? Especially at the Beach Club when Zack and Trini were kicked into the pool?