|This article is about a/an episode in Power Rangers Zeo, the second installment in the Zordon Era.|
The Puppet Blaster is the eighth episode of Power Rangers: Zeo.
This article is a stub, meaning it needs more info. You can improve this RangerWiki article by expanding it.
The episode begins at the Captain Pete show, where Pete introduces everyone to his sidekick Puppetman.
- Jason David Frank as Tommy Oliver (Zeo Ranger V Red)
- Johnny Yong Bosch as Adam Park (Zeo Ranger IV Green)
- Steve Cardenas as Rocky DeSantos (Zeo Ranger III Blue)
- Nakia Burrise as Tanya Sloan (Zeo Ranger II Yellow)
- Catherine Sutherland as Katherine "Kat" Hillard (Zeo Ranger I Pink)
- David Yost as Billy Cranston
- Paul Schrier as Farkas "Bulk" Bulkmeier
- Jason Narvy as Eugene "Skull" Skullovitch
- Gregg Bullock as Lt. Jerome Stone
- Richard Genelle as Ernie
- David Fielding as Zordon (face)
- Bob Manahan as Zordon (voice)
- Donene Kistler as Alpha 5
- Richard Steven Horvitz as Alpha 5 (voice) (as Richard Wood)
- David Stenstrom as King Mondo (voice)
- Alex Borstein as Queen Machina (voice)
- Barbara Goodson as Prince Sprocket (voice) and Orbus (voice)
- Oliver Page as Klank
- Bruce Block as Captain Pete
- Paul Pistore as Puppetman (voice)
- Puppetman says that today’s secret word is “Power Rangers”, but “Power Rangers” is two words.
- Debut of the Defender Wheel.
- First time the Zeo Power Pods in sword mode are used in battle.
- The Zeo Megazord fight was used in a PC game Power Rangers Zeo PowerActive Words.
- The puppet throws water on one of the Cogs, shorting him out, as opposed to the last episode where several of them traveled through a small pond and had no problems with it.
- Captain Pete is a parody of children's television hosts, such as Captain Kangaroo (with whom he shares a title) and Pee-wee Herman (played by Paul Reubens, who was taking a much-needed sabbatical from playing the character at the time). One of the elements of his show, the "secret word", is taken directly from Pee-wee's Playhouse, but rather than screaming, a bucket of cold water is thrown at the person that says the secret word. Like Pee-Wee with Conky 2000 and Magic Screen, the Captain has a robot friend of his own that he loves and cares about - the Puppetman. This is confirmed when Pete runs away in fear over his friend's transformation.
- Puppetman, in turn, is a loving homage to Conky 2000, who always provided the secret word(s) on Playhouse.