|This article is about a/an episode in Power Rangers Ninja Storm.|
|Storm Before the Calm|
|Power Rangers Ninja Storm, Episode 11x37, 11x38|
|Air date November 15, 2003|
| Written by Douglas Sloan|
|Directed by Paul Grinder|
Down and Dirty
Day of the Dino
Storm Before the Calm is the two-part finale of Power Rangers Ninja Storm.
Lothor opens the Abyss of Evil, bringing back all of his past monsters and generals. The Rangers defeat them with the help of the freed ninja students. After losing their powers, the Wind Rangers defeat Lothor for good by using their own inner ninja powers.
Lothor solidifies his plans to open the Abyss of Evil and unleash its forces on the world, as predicted by the Scroll of Destiny he stole years ago. The gang kick back and head to the US Action Games, where they are scheduled to compete in events. They encounter Marah and Kapri, who have found the Abyss of Evil right near the US Action Games. Marah and Kapri then give Vexacus a scroll of empowerment, so he can grow and battle the Rangers. The Rangers destroy him, but they lose the Thunder Megazord, and seemingly, the Thunder Rangers. Lothor captures Cyber Cam, who was out fixing an earlier sabotage to the Samurai Star hangar. He uses Cyber Cam to find Ninja Ops. He trashes the place and leaves with Cam in custody. The Wind Rangers get back to Ninja Ops, only to find it trashed, with no trace of their friends.
Sensei emerges from the wreckage, back to human form due to one of Lothor's blasts. The Thunder Rangers also show up. Sensei shows the Rangers part of the Scroll of Destiny, which shows that they were always meant to become Power Rangers. The Thunder Rangers infiltrate Lothor's ship, which is about to self-destruct. Lothor unleashes his Zord, and uses it to open the Abyss of Evil. The Thunders find Cam, Marah and Kapri tied up. They rescue them, free the ninja students, and fight their way off the ship as it explodes. The Storm Megazord battles Lothor's zord. They barely manage to beat it, but in the process, the Megazord is destroyed. The Rangers were unable to prevent the abyss from opening, and find themselves surrounded by old enemies they had destroyed. The Thunder Rangers show up, and bring along some backup - the ninja students. A battle royale ensues. In the end, only Lothor is left, and he uses the Cyclone Morpher to steal the Ranger powers. The Wind Rangers defeat Lothor with their inner ninja powers, sending him hurling into the abyss, but they lose their Ranger powers forever. Sometime later, the Rangers celebrate their graduation from ninja academy. Hunter is going to become head teacher at the Thunder Academy, and Blake is going to pursue a motocross career. Cam welcomes the new ninja students, among which are Marah and Kapri. Luckily, the Wind Academy has three new teachers - Shane, Dustin, and Tori.
- These episodes were released as a bonus feature on the Power Rangers Dino Thunder: Day of the Dino DVD.
- The title for the finale is based off the phrase "A Calm Before the Storm", which was used as the title for the 37th episode of Power Rangers Time Force.
- The Zord used by Lothor in the second part of the episode, is actuall his Sentai counterpart in his super giant form.
- Scroll 44: Your Majesty and the Evil Fan Beast - Super Sentai counterpart in Ninpu Sentai Hurricaneger. See comparison page. (Long Ago costume)
- Scroll 45: Refuge and Spring Cleaning - Super Sentai counterpart in Ninpu Sentai Hurricaneger. See comparison page. (Catonia costume)
- Scroll 50: Darkness and a New World - Super Sentai counterpart in Ninpu Sentai Hurricaneger. See comparison page. (fight footage)
- Final Scroll: Wind, Water, and Earth - Super Sentai counterpart in Ninpu Sentai Hurricaneger. See comparison page. (fight footage)