|This article is about a/an episode in Power Rangers Turbo, the third installment in the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers saga.|
|Power Rangers Turbo, Episode 5x20|
|Air date September 12, 1997|
|Written by Judd Lynn|
|Directed by Blair Treu|
Passing the Torch
The Wheel of Fate
Ashley's jacket becomes Angel Grove's latest fashion trend, and thanks to Divatox, they make the wearer evil. Blue Senturion and the others Rangers put on five of the jackets and start causing trouble, and it's up to Ashley to stop them. Meanwhile, Bulk & Skull, back to being humans but invisible, cause mischief around Angel Grove.
Ashley's attempt to sew a new jacket in Design class has her frustrated, but Cassie seems to be more interested in the tacky plaid jacket she's currently wearing. A fashion designer named Delisha Ennivel is also interested and convinces Ashley to sell her the design, though Ashley is unaware that Delisha is one of Divatox's monsters in disguise. Elsewhere, Bulk and Skull are invisible as a side-effect from being turned back to humans after all their monkey misadventures, and are now exploiting it by stealing food from picnickers on the beach.
Piranhatrons mass-produce the jacket and apply potions to the fabric in order to instill anger in whoever wears them, plus chocolate to make them irresistible to the consumer public. While Bulk and Skull are turning their invisibility into a magic act for money, everybody on the beach is furiously buying the jackets and becoming utter jerks towards each other. T.J., Cassie, Carlos, and Justin are unable to resist the fashion craze and its power over them.
With the Rangers out of the way, Divatox sets her sights on the Angel Grove museum, where valuable gemstones are being delivered. The only one available to stop the looting is Ashley, who manipulates Elgar into locking himself and Rygog out of the delivery bay. Divatox then tricks the Blue Senturion into wearing a jacket. Unable to fight the Blue Senturion alone, Ashley attempts to con her fellow Rangers out of their jackets. Fortunately, the spell vanishes once the jackets come off, and the Rangers morph into action.
The Blue Senturion summons his Robo Racer (which also gets its own jacket), forcing the Rangers to fight their friend in the Turbo Megazord. After T.J. gets into the Robo Racer and removes the jacket, the Blue Senturion comes to his senses and helps the Rangers destroy a freshly-enlarged Delisha.
At the Juice Bar, Ashley is told what everybody really thinks of her jacket, which disappoints her but comes as a relief. Nearby, Bulk and Skull are stealing more food from the customers, but their fun ends when they turn visible again.
- Tracy Lynn Cruz as Ashley Hammond
- Blake Foster as Justin Stewart
- Patricia Ja Lee as Cassie Chan
- Roger Velasco as Carlos Vallerte
- Selwyn Ward as T.J. Johnson
- Jason Narvy as Skull
- Paul Schrier as Bulk
- Gregg Bullock as Jerome Stone
- Carol Hoyt as Divatox and Dimitria
- Dave Walsh as Blue Senturion (voice)
- Donene Kistler as Alpha 6
- Katerina Luciani as Alpha 6 (voice)
- Kenny Graceson as Elgar
- Derek Stephen Prince as Elgar (voice)
- Ed Neil as Rygog
- Walter Lang as Rygog (voice)
- Scott Page-Pagter as Porto (voice)
- Jason David Frank, Johnny Yong Bosch, Catherine Sutherland and Nakia Burrise have all been removed from the opening credits and replaced with Selwyn Ward, Roger Velasco, Patricia Ja Lee and Tracy Lynn Cruz.
- First episode since "Beauty and the Beast" that Tommy isn't a regular, and the first episode since "Along Came a Spider" that he didn't appear.
- Paul Schrier and Jason Narvy have been restored to the opening credits.
- The morphing sequence from this episode onwards is far shorter, with the Rangers no longer calling out the name of their Turbozord (marking the first time the Rangers haven't called something out during the morph, something that will continue throughout the series). All the morphs also take the same amount of time, with the helmet forming and Justin's size alteration both receiving far less exposure.