|This article is about a/an monster in Power Rangers Zeo, the second installment in the Zordon Era.|
After the Cogs were outmatch by the Zeo Rangers and retreated, Staroid was chosen by King Mondo to lead the Machine Empire's initial invasion on earth with an army of Quadra Fighters due to his battle prowess. He initially overwhelmed the Zeozords until they combined into the Zeo Megazord. They had the upper hand thanks the the Zeo Megazords' new power, Staroid was destroyed by the Zeo Megazord's Saber but a metal sphere-like object was attempted to reform him again, the sphere itself was destroyed for good by the Zeo Megazord's Saber.
Staroid has a very goofy personality and loves to joke around with his victims, but when fighting, he does take his job seriously.
Powers and Abilities
- Strength: Despite being the first monster to fight the Zeo Rangers, Staroid is surprisingly strong, powerful enough to overwhelm four Zeo Zords in battle.
- Armor: Staroid can take multiple gun fire from both the Zeo Zords 1, 2 and 3 and not even get scratch.
- Lighting Beams: He can radiate destructive blue lightning beams from both his chest, knees, shoulder pads and the top segment of the star piece on his back.
- Energy Lasers: Staroid can fire blue energy lasers from his arms.
- Metal Sphere: He has the ability to transform into a large metal sphere. As a sphere, Staroid is practically invulnerable to any attack.
- Meteorite: In his Metal Sphere form, he will rise in the air, light himself on fire, and will drop down on his enemies.
- Reformation: If destroyed for the first time, a metal sphere-like object will rise up and rebuild him again, but it was destroyed before doing so.
- Star Boomerang: Staroid's top segment of the star on his back can detach and transform into a boomerang of destructive energy.
Behind the scenes
Staroid is voiced by Derek Stephen Prince.
- Staroid is the first monster to be fought by both the Zeo Zords and the Zeo Megazord.
- Staroid is the very first monster outside of the Mighty Morphing era.