|This article is about a/an villain group in Uchu Sentai Kyuranger.|
|Space Shogunate Jark Matter|
|Uchu Sentai Kyuranger|
|Led by:||Don Armage|
|Generals and other Notable Members:||Eriedrone|
|Monster Types:||Daikaan, Karo|
|Base:||Southern Cross, Minami Juuji System|
Space Shogunate Jark Matter (宇宙幕府ジャークマター Uchu Bakufu Jāku Matā) is the evil government which has dominated the 88 constellation systems and controlling all of space, usurping the Space Federation. They are collecting Planetium (The Power of the Planets) to destroy the entire universe until nothing remains behind.
300 Years Ago
In their first invasion 300 years ago, they are opposed by eighty-eight warriors from the eighty-eight star systems aboard the Argo, however he managed to kill the other eighty-six, leaving only two survivors. Tsurugi converted his immortality into raw power, but he still failed to defeat Don Armage, when Tsurugi is about to do an attack that costed his life, his comrade Quervo stopped him before Don Armage killed him when Quervo takes a blow meant for Tsurugi. However, it is shown that later, Tsurugi managed to defeat Don Armage and goes into suspended animation. But, unknown to him, Don Armage is somehow alive and memories about Tsurugi back on Earth was erased.
Ruled by the Shogun Don Armage, Jark Matter became the dominant power in their region of space by seizing the 88 constellation systems over a period of several years. Seeking the essential energy source which formed every world, Planet Jume, Jark Matter installed a Moraimarz machine, overseen by a Daikaan, on every planet they conquered to drain their Jume, with the draining process ultimately resulting in the destruction of these worlds.
In the Chameleon System, the advance guard of Indavers was spotted by the young Hammy who, though having been hesitant to speak up until then, mustered the courage to warn her teacher. Thus, her ninja band was able to escape the attack. Under Jark Matter's oppression in the Kajiki System, a food shortage occured, leading the young Spada to learn to cook food for his numerous siblings.
Among the worlds that fell to Jark Matter was Earth, which evidently had an abundance of Planet Jume as numerous Moraimarz were installed on it as opposed to only one, while Don Armage indicated a greater secret.
Acquiring the Sasori System, Don Armage personally addressed Scorpio, a Scorpionman warrior who had grown to seek power to the point of selling out his own tribe to Jark Matter, leaving them to be slaughtered while turning his back on even his younger brother Stinger. Enticing Scorpio to serve Jark Matter in exchange for the power he sought, Don Armage transformed him into a scorpion monster; initially enlisting Scorpio as an assassin, the Shogun would be pleased enough by his service, which included the elimination of the Oushi System dissident Dr. Anton, that he would eventually promote him to Karo of the subjugated Sasori System. Secretly, however, Scorpio aspired to one day surpass in power and kill Don Armage, upon which he would become the new Shogun of Jark Matter and rule the universe himself.
Under the order of the Shogun, the elite assassin duo Ikargen and Mardakko destroyed over a thousand planets. In the Ookami System, Garu learned the price of defiance when his wolfman clan was slaughtered by Jark Matter.
On the flat world of Crotus, Jark Matter's subjugation was overseen by the Karo Eriedrone. His forces, however, were unable to prevent the initial three Kyurangers from allowing numerous civilians to escape Jark Matter's grip. This was realized by the Don Armage, who blasted Eriedrone back when the Karo contacted him to announce the joyous news of the conquest. Ordered by Don Armage to eliminate the insurgents, Eriedrone had his Big Moraimarz go to hunt the Kyurangers down on Jagjag. Ultimately, however, Eriedrone only succeeded in providing the trial by fire which caused a further two Kyurangers to emerge, making a combination of five Voyagers to form KyurenOh which destroyed the Tsuyoindaver that Eriedrone sent against them on Jagjag's moon.
Jark Matter Assassins: Ikargen and Madakko
The Return of Scorpio
Removing Tsurugi Ohtori From History and the Vice-Shoguns
- The name of Jark Matter is a play on "Dark Matter". Alternatively, it could also be a play on the Japanese word for evil (邪悪 Jaaku), pronounced similarly but with a different emphasis.
- They are similar to the Space Empire Zangyack from Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger in their desire to control all life in the universe, and putting bounties on the heroes for their interference.
- Their extraction of Planetium is similar to the Space Pirates Balban using Demon Beast Daitanix to drain the core of planets they've raided and turning them into jewels.
- Since the Kyurangers and Jark Matter exist in a parallel universe separate from the previous Super Sentai, they can be considered as Space Empire Zangyack's counterpart.
- Jark Matter is the first Villain faction in the Super Sentai Series since Machine Empire Baranoia to successfully conquer the Earth.
- The method of growth being dependent on the medium surviving the user's destruction is similar to the Dimensional Beasts from Choujin Sentai Jetman and the Londerz Prisoners from Mirai Sentai Timeranger
- While Kyuranger isn't an anniversary special, a majority of the members seem to be physically based on past Sentai villains.
- They are the first Super Sentai villain faction to have more than one villainess (in this case, Mardakko and Akyanba) since the Shadow Line in Ressha Sentai ToQger
- The voice actors of the three Vice-Shoguns are actors that previously portrayed a main Super Sentai member.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Space Shogunate Jark Matter"
The following 41 pages are in this category, out of 41 total.