|This article is about a/an episode in Power Rangers Zeo, the second installment in the Zordon Era.|
Song Sung Yellow is the twenty-fifth episode of Power Rangers Zeo.
Everybody at the Angel Grove Youth Center is watching a videotape of Tanya's recently-completed music video. As they congratulate Tanya for her performance and Adam's skill in directing the video, Tommy rewinds the video and notices a Cog running behind the stage. The Rangers show concern over the possibility that they're being watched in secret, but try to remain supportive as they convince Ernie to let Tanya perform at the Youth Center during its new Saturday night After Hours club.
Up on the Machine Moon Base, Prince Sprocket is celebrating his birthday in his usual self-centered fashion, and King Mondo and Queen Machina have sent down Cogs to Earth to fetch party supplies. As the Rangers set up the Juice Bar for the evening, they don't notice the Cogs stealing everything until Rocky catches one making its escape. The Rangers morph and chase the thieves outside. As luck would have it, a bakery van full of pies is parked nearby, and Kat gets the idea to give the Cogs some "just desserts". The other Rangers follow suit, and soon the mechanical minions are creamed and clobbered with both punches and pies. When the Cogs escape, a lone straggler is left to get a second helping.
Mondo is utterly embarrassed at the Cogs' incompetence, but perks up to give Sprocket his surprise present: a giant robot monster "toy" named Wrecking Ball. Though Sprocket is eager to try out his new toy, Mondo tells him that he needs to practice controlling it first.
In the recently-opened "The Private Eyes Have It" detective agency, Bulk and Skull are goofing off and making a mess when their intruder-detection system goes off. As they quickly clean up the office, Det. Stone arrives to announce their first assignment. The National Association of Record Companies wants them to investigate a recent increase in phony record producers, and Stone expects Ernie's After Hours club to be a prime place for them to strike. Bulk and Skull are ordered to stake out the club and make a full report.
As Tanya finishes her performance at the After Hours club to great applause, she is approached by Vincent Nova, a producer of SC Records. This gets Bulk and Skull's attention, but they hold themselves back as Tanya eagerly gives Vincent her video as a promo tape. Kat and Rocky tell her that if she gets a contract, she would likely have to move out of Angel Grove, but Tanya is too excited to think clearly about it.
The next day, while Bulk and Skull secretly pursue Vincent and try to learn whether he's a phony producer or not, Tanya meets with her friends with exciting news. The President of SC Records, Laszlo Trent, is coming to Angel Grove to produce a new video with her and offer a contract. When asked if she'll take it, Tanya finds herself unable to answer. Meanwhile, Sprocket has finally mastered Wrecking Ball's abilities, and now he's ready to send him down to Earth and cause some damage.
At the Youth Center, Tanya is performing a slow-dance song, and she is unable to leave the stage when her communicator goes off. The other Rangers teleport to meet with Wrecking Ball as he and a Cog group are causing a mess. Since the Zeo Megazord can't be formed without Tanya, Tommy summons the Red Battlezord to fight and destroy Wrecking Ball while the other Rangers fight the Cogs. While Sprocket is upset at his loss, Mondo and Machina are still proud that their son has taken his first step in becoming a mechanical man.
Back at the Juice Bar, Tanya tells Vincent and Laszlo that she can't accept their offer due to having bigger responsibilities. Fortunately, they understand and tell Tanya that the offer will still be there for her when she is ready. Vincent spots Bulk and Skull and comments that they would be great in a music video, the pair call him a phony and tell him off. Tanya tells them that he was a legit producer, and Bulk and Skull quickly chase Vincent into the parking lot trying to apologize.
- Catherine Sutherland as Katherine "Kat" Hillard (Zeo Ranger I: Pink)
- Nakia Burrise as Tanya Sloan (Zeo Ranger II: Yellow)
- Steve Cardenas as Rocky DeSantos (Zeo Ranger III: Blue)
- Johnny Yong Bosch as Adam Park (Zeo Ranger IV: Green)
- Jason David Frank as Tommy Oliver (Zeo Ranger V: Red)
- David Yost as Billy Cranston
- Paul Schrier as Farkas "Bulk" Bulkmeier
- Jason Narvy as Eugene "Skull" Skullovitch
- Gregg Bullock as Detective Jerome Stone
- Richard Genelle as Ernie
- David Fielding as Zordon (face)
- Bob Manahan as Zordon (voice)
- Donene Kistler as Alpha 5
- Richard Steven Horvitz as Alpha 5 (voice) (as Richard Wood)
- David Stenstrom as King Mondo (voice)
- Alex Borstein as Queen Machina (voice)
- Barbara Goodson as Prince Sprocket (voice) and Orbus (voice)
- Oliver Page as Klank (voice)
- Cy Roscoe as Laszlo Trent
- ??? as Wrecking Ball (voice)
- Tanya's decision to turn down her singing career will be referenced again in Turbo's "Cars Attacks".
- First appearance of Det. Stone's "The Private Eyes Have It" detective agency, as Bulk & Skull begin their run as freelance private investigators, which will last until "Good as Gold".