|This article is about a/an episode in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
Billy must overcome his fear of fish to save his friends from Rita's new monster.
Jason, Zack, and Trini are planning to go scuba diving. They invite Billy to come, but he declines, stating he has been uncomfortable with aquatic life since he was a child. He decides to have a picnic with Kimberly instead. Rita overhears through her telescope and decides to send down an aquatic monster in order to frighten him into submission.
While having their picnic in the park, Billy relates to Kimberly that when was a boy, he was attempted to create a whirlpool in the lake. His finger in the water caught the eye of a nearby fish which bit his finger. Since then, Billy has been afraid of marine life. Kimberly finds the story amusing. The two hear a scream and run over to take a look.
The screaming was from Bulk and Skull. They were fishing in the lake, but all they have caught was a bunch of garbage, including a "No Fishing" sign. Kimberly and Billy walk away. Then they are ambushed by Putties. After fending them off, they are called to the Command Center.
Zordon informs them of Rita's new monster, the Goo Fish. Alpha 5 is unable to contact Jason, Zack, and Trini due to their being underwater. Kimberly and Billy then morph and head to the monster's location. On the moon, at Goldar's suggestion, Rita casts a spell on Billy to make his fear of fish unbearable. Billy then cowers in fear at the sight of the monster. Only the Red, Black, and Yellow Rangers' timely arrival forces the Goo Fish to temporarily withdraw.
Back at the Command Center, Zordon informs Billy that the only way to break Rita's spell is to overcome his fear of fish. The team then morphs and faces Goo Fish, along with a group of Putties. The monster sprays a blue substance which immobilizes the Rangers except Billy, who succeeds in overcoming his fear of fish, thereby breaking Rita's spell. He then attacks Goo Fish with his Power Lance, freeing the Rangers.
Rita makes her monster grow with her wand, prompting the Rangers to summon the Megazord. The Goo Fish then shoots his toxic spray at the Megazord, which immobilizes it. Zack suggests converting the goo to energy. His idea works. The Megazord then destroys the monster with its Power Sword.
At the Youth Center, Billy and Ernie return from a fishing trip. Jason repeats his scuba invitation to Billy, who happily accepts. Ernie offers to cook up what he and Billy caught. Bulk and Skull then enter, claiming they caught something really big. In reality, it's just a large can of tuna. Bulk then takes a look inside Billy's bag, which contains a a live lobster, who pinches Bulk's nose.
- Austin St. John as Jason Lee Scott (Mighty Morphin Red Ranger)
- Walter Jones as Zack Taylor (Mighty Morphin Black Ranger)
- David Yost as Billy Cranston (Mighty Morphin Blue Ranger)
- Thuy Trang as Trini Kwan (Mighty Morphin Yellow Ranger)
- Amy Jo Johnson as Kimberly Ann Hart (Mighty Morphin Pink Ranger)
- Paul Schrier as Farkas "Bulk" Bulkmeier
- Jason Narvy as Eugene "Skull" Skullovitch
- Richard Genelle as Ernie
- David Fielding as Zordon (face)
- Robert L. Manahan as Zordon (voice)
- Romy J. Sharf as Alpha 5
- Richard Steven Horvitz as Alpha 5 (voice) (as Richard Wood)
- Machiko Soga as Rita Repulsa
- Barbara Goodson as Rita Repulsa (voice)
- Takashi Sakamoto as Goldar
- Kerrigan Mahan as Goldar (voice) (as Ryan O'Flannigan)
- Takako Iiboshi as Finster
- Minoru Watanabe as Squatt
- Michael J. Sorich as Squatt (voice)
- Hideaki Kusaka as Baboo
- Dave Mallow as Baboo (voice) (as Colin Phillips)
- When the Rangers were supposedly watching Goo Fish attacking Angel Grove on the viewing globe, it instead showed the monster being hit with his own venom (which was footage from later in the episode).
- Kimberly said that she and Billy would fight the Putties while the other three would fight the monster, however all five went after the Putties first.
- When Jason was fighting his Putty, you could see sparks fly but not hear explosive sound effects. But when he fights it again, you could hear the sound effects.
- The Rangers were holding their weapons just before Goo Fish grew, but were then holding the Blade Blasters when summoning the Zords.
- The Megazord's finisher shows it slashing vertically from top to bottom, but the shot on the monster is done as if it were from the bottom up.
- The episode title is used again for the 4th episode of Power Rangers Super Samurai. Like with Billy, Antonio Garcia also had to get over his fear of fish. Though, unlike Billy, Antonio's fear was brought on by a more recent event.
- This is the first episode to make use of the "Zyu2" footage.
- Goo Fish will reappear in Season 2's "A Reel Fish Story".
- Footage of Jason, Zack, and Trini coming out of the beach in scuba gear, only to hear their communicators beeping, would be used again in Zedd Waves.
- Like in "Power Ranger Punks", all of Bulk's clutter fell out of his locker.