|This article is about a/an episode in Power Rangers Super Samurai.|
|Power Rangers Super Samurai, Episode 19x02|
|Air date February 25, 2012|
|Written by Seth Walther & Yasuko Kobayashi|
|Directed by Jonathan Brough|
Super Samurai (episode)
Shell Game is to be the second episode of Power Rangers Super Samurai, the second season of Power Rangers Samurai. It is the debut of Blue Super Samurai Ranger, and the concept of summoning zords with Rangers absent, using the Samurai Union Disk, to combine Claw Armor Megazord.
The Rangers must defeat an armored Nighlok without Antonio's help due to his samurai morpher falling out of his pockets and Bulk and Spike taking it by accident.
Kevin, Mike and Emily are training at the house. Kevin and Mike are slicing fruits and Emily practicing her symbol power. She makes a huge boulder, which almost crushes Kevin and Mike. The boulder rolls and hits a bench.
After seeing that they couldn't stop the boulder, Mike says that he wishes that there swords could cut through the rock and Kevin responds that they should hope that they never have to fight something like that. More or less jinxing the Rangers' luck.
In the Netherworld, a Nighlok arrives that Octoroo and Xandred don't recognize. He says he serves a bigger power. Master Xandred not caring at all, just sends him to make fear in the city as Armadeevil is unbeatable because of his shell.
Spike finds a cell phone (the Samurai Morpher). Bulk believes the phone should be returned. The Rangers train until the Gap Sensor alerts them to battle. Mentor Ji tries to contact Antonio, but Bulk answers the call. Antonio continues his fishing. Armadeevil begins the attack on the city. Red Ranger attempts to take on the Nighlok but the hard shell deflects the attack. Red and Pink Rangers are unable to penetrate the shell. The remaining Rangers arrive to the scene. Armadeevil transforms to a ball mode. The Rangers summon their Power Weapons to break the shell. Bulk and Spike enter the scene and immediately run away. Armadeevil takes the opportunity to retreat.
At the Shiba House, the Rangers plan their next meeting. Kevin has the right idea. Antonio continues his fishing excursion. Octoroo is impressed with Armadeevil's success. Mentor Ji attempts to call Antonio again. Bulk tries to answer the phone, but ends up throwing it on the floor. The Gap Sensor alerts the Rangers to battle. Armadeevil begins his next attack. Antonio enjoys fishing while the citizens are running in panic.
The Rangers face Armadeevil with Kevin's plan. The attacks weaken the shell with a series of Symbol attacks. Red Ranger gives the Black Box to Blue Ranger. The Rangers occupy the Nighlok while Blue Ranger transforms to Super Mode. Super Samurai Blue Ranger performs the Super Spin Sword Splash attack to defeat Armadeevil, who grows into the Mega Mode. The Rangers summon their zords and form the Samurai Megazord. Blue Ranger leads the finishing attack, but the shell protects Armadeevil from the attack. The Rangers perform Kevin's idea with three old formations. The attacks are unable to break the shell. Blue Ranger summons the Claw Zord with the Union Disc. The Rangers form the Claw Armor Megazord. The formation defeats the Nighlok. Bulk and Spike return to the fishing dock. Bulk drops the phone in the original location. Mike and Emily find the morpher and Antonio. Antonio is surprised to see 34 missed calls, he asks Emily and Mike what happend, but they don't tell him.
- Alex Heartman as Jayden
- Najee De-Tiege as Kevin
- Erika Fong as Mia
- Hector David Jr. as Mike
- Brittany Pirtle as Emily
- Steven Skyler as Antonio Garcia
- Rene Naufahu as Mentor Ji
- Felix Ryan as Spike Skullovitch
- Paul Schrier as Farkas Bulkmeier
- Jeff Szusterman as Master Xandred and Octoroo
- Mark Mitchinson as Armadeevil
- When the Rangers power up the Mega Blade to attack with the Samurai Megazord, a cut scene with a ranger spinning a Samurai Disk on the Spin Sword can clearly be seen on closeup, despite there being no Spin Swords in the cockpit.
- As the Zord battle was two different zord battles, the "Over-the-leg" shot of Armoredevil quickly shows the leg of the Samurai Megazord and not the Claw Armor Megazord which is what they're using at the time.
- The Rangers do a sort of roll call during their Zord summoning sequence, in which they refer to themselves not by color but by element, like in the toys.
- This is the first time since his debut that Antonio doesn't morph because the episode of Shinkenger this episode is based off of was the last one before Antonio's counterpart, Genta Umenori, debuts.
- As such, Kevin's fight using the Black Box is pure American footage and the portion of the Zord fight involving the Claw Armor Megazord is an edit of two different Shinkenger episodes since the Japanese counterparts of both weren't introduced until after Genta's introduction, making this episode the first time since Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' second season when completely different Zord and Monster footage have been spliced together. Also, Dayu's Japanese counterpart is edited out of the Japanese footage since Super Samurai's Dayu had already left the ship.
- Armadeevil is very similar to the first-season monster Soccadillo, while the manner in which his shell is cracked is more akin to the tactics used to weaken second-season monster Turbanshell.