|This article is about a/an ranger in Ninja Sentai Kakuranger.|
|Sentai Show:||Ninja Sentai Kakuranger|
|First Appearance:||Ep. 1: We're Ninja|
|Last Full Appearance:||Shinobi 7: Spring Ninja Festival!|
|Number of Episode Appearances:||53 (Kakuranger)|
Full list of appearances
- "NinjaRed! Sasuke!"
- ―NinjaRed's roll call[src]
He and Saizou were tricked by Kappa into opening the Gate of Seals, releasing the Youkai into the human world. Sandayuu tracked them down and brought the two of them to where their ancestor's swords were placed in the Earth, where they met Tsuruhime. Upon pulling out his sword, the spirit of Sasuke's ancestor appeared before him, gave him a lecture, and entrusted him with a Doron Changer, allowing Sasuke to become NinjaRed. The three were soon joined by Seikai and Jiraiya, completing the team.
Super Sentai World
Ole vs. Kakuranger
to be added
Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai
NinjaRed is among the Sentai warriors seen in clips when Yuusuke Amamiya (Red Falcon) lectured Gaku Washio (GaoYellow) about the past Sentai sword experts, showing him that the true sword wasn't the sharpest, but the one that feeds on courage.
Led by his Liveman predecessor Red Falcon, he appeared as one of 24 previous Red Rangers in Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai together with fellow Red Rangers from his predecessors AkaRanger to RyuuRanger to his successors from OhRed to TimeRed.
In 2005, Sasuke teamed-up with his fellow Red ninja, Yousuke Shiina/HurricaneRed, to fight a strange new Youkai which had appeared attacking all ninjas it came across in search of the End Shuriken. They were aided by the appearance of a never before seen red ninja from ten years in the future, who they saw seemingly killed by the Youkai who proceeded to return to the future with what it believed was the End Shuriken.
Years later, Sasuke fought alongside not only his own team, but every single Sentai ranger in existance, against the Empire of Zangyack when it attacked the Earth in the Great Legend War. He was seeing fighting alongside Yousuke Shiina, a fellow ninja, the two were back to back and they switfly took out the group of Gormin surrounding them. After fighting against hundreds of Gormin and their Zgormin commanders, Kaijou noticed the fleet moving towards them, he gathered all of the Rangers together and gave them the order to sacrifice their powers to wipe out the first invasion's armada. The NinjaRed powers are later used by Captain Marvelous via the Ranger Keys.
Farewell Space Pirates
After the Zangyack's final defeat, Marvelous returned the Ranger keys to their original owners. It is assumed Sasuke, Tsuruhime and their teammates have their powers once again and will work alongside Ninjaman to cut down evil in the shadows once more.
Super Hero Taisen
Sasuke, alongside his team (bar Ninjaman), among the majority of the Super Sentai heroes, was caught up in the "Super Hero Taisen" incident which eventually resulted in the Super Sentai teams and Kamen Riders joining forces to defeat both Dai-Zangyack and Dai-Shocker. During the final battle, he is seen approaching a Chap, and possibly a Dogormin, Kasha, and Zangyack Commander Nanonanoda,
Super Hero Taihen
NinjaRed appears in the Super Hero Taihen net movie, Kamen Rider Murder Mystery! You’re the Great Detective! as one of the suspects for the murders of Kamen Rider Decade, Kamen Rider Double, and Momotaros.
- "Hidden from people, we cut down evil. That's what a Ninja is. You're a ninja but you don't hide? If you keep saying that, you'll never be a real ninja."
- ―Sasuke telling Takaharu what it means to become a ninja.[src]
Sasuke, alongside Yousuke, was hired as temporary teachers of the 2015 Super Sentai, Ninninger. They demonstrated their special Ninjutsu abilities and ordered the Ninningers to train with it but none of them were able to, including Takaharu. When Youkai Nekomata rises, the two Sentai Red mentors tied Takaharu and lead the rest of the Ninningers against Nakomata. Before it was about to go to 10 years in the past, Takaharu jumped along into the time door to pursue him. Sasuke and Yousuke watched in regret as they weren't able to change Takaharu's fate from being killed in the past. But once Nekomata returned, Takaharu revealed himself, surviving his demise with the substitution technique taught by Yousuke. The Sentai Reds and Ninningers managed to finish Nekomata, gaining his purified Sealing Shuriken and received two new Nin Shurikens when Sasuke and Yousuke acknowledge their effort. While pursuing Kyuemon, he revealed what Nekomata gave him was not the End Shuriken, but rather NinjaRed's signature Shuriken as he threw it away in disgust and summoned Giant Youkai Gashadokuro to take care of them. While the Ninningers piloted Shurikenjin, NinjaRed ordered AkaNinger to use their Nin Shurikens which he put to use as they finished off Gashadokuro. While they returned home, NinjaRed and HurricaneRed reunited with Akaranger where Yoshitaka Igasaki requested them to watch his grandchildren as they agreed.
The most agile member of the team, Sasuke is a reckless young man who's hot to go out and drag the others into the enemy battle. He is also lascivious, unintelligent, regularly screws up many times, unreflecting of his errors which causes him to be frequently scolded by Tsuruhime. Regardless of this, he is generally good-hearted, loyal and fearless in the face of any enemy no matter how imposing. After becoming a Kakuranger and finding himself alone in battle, Sasuke begins to mature as a ninja, often assuming command when Tsuruhime is unable to. He corresponds to Sun Wukong.
Video Game appearances
- Sasuke/NinjaRed: to be added
Super Sentai Battle Base
- Giant Beast General Red Saruder
- Beast General Fighter Battle Saruder
- Super Stealth Beast God Saruder
- Doron Changer
- Secret Sword Kakuremaru
- Kakulasers / Laser Knives
- Shinobi Knuckle
- Kakuranger Ball
- Flaming Shogun Sword
- Thunder Sword Hikarimaru
- Shark Bleeder
- Hidden Style: Full Moon Slash (隠れ流・満月斬り Kakure-ryū: Mangetsu Giri?): NinjaRed's signature sword technique where he waves his Kakuremaru in a circle, energizing it before performing an overhead slash.
- Hidden Style: Thunder Cut: Wielding both his Kakuremaru and the Hikarimaru, NinjaRed performs a series of energized slashes against an opponent.
- Flaming Whirlwind Art (火炎旋風の術 Kaen Tsumuji no Jutsu?): NinjaRed projects a blast of fire to attack his opponents.
- Cloning Technique (分け身の術 Wakemi no Jutsu?): NinjaRed creates any number of clones to fight alongside him.
- Hidden Style: Transformation: NinjaRed transforms into something else, allowing him to sneak undetected into enemy territory or to pursue an enemy that would be impossible for a human to follow.
- Flaming Shogun Wave: Wielding the human sized Flaming Shogun Sword, Sasuke swings the weapon, sending a wave of fire hurtling towards his opponent
Giant Beast General Red Saruder (巨大獣将レッドサルダー Kyodai Jūshō Reddo Sarudā?): NinjaRed's Juushou form, armed with the Saruder Slicer, with which he can perform a finishing attack by hurling it and slicing the enemy in half with its sharp blade-like sides. Forms the body of Muteki Shogun and stores the helmet. Its name is a pun on the Japanese word for "monkey" (猿 Saru?).
Legend Sentai Devices
The NinjaRed Ranger Key (ニンジャレッドレンジャーキー Ninja Reddo Renjā Kī?) is Sasuke's personal Ranger Key and what became of his powers after he along with the rest of the 34 Super Sentai sacrificed their powers to end the Great Legend War.
This key along with the majority of the Ranger Keys were collected by the Red Pirates and later used by the Gokaigers. The NinjaRed Ranger Key was mainly used by Captain Marvelous (Gokai Red), who used it to fight as NinjaRed. It was also used by Gai Ikari on one occasion.
- When the Gokaigers became the Kakurangers to escape from Action Commander Shieldon.
- Gai uses this key alongside all other Red keys after being merged with Captain Marvelous by Insarn.
- When the Gokaigers became the Kakurangers while fighting against Action Commander Bibabu.
- When the Gokaigers became the Kakurangers while fighting alongside Ninjaman against Action Commander Juju.
- While fighting against the Seven Legendary Riders.
The Kakuranger keys, along with all the Ranger Keys of the first 33 Super Sentai, were briefly taken by the Black Cross King and turned into Ranger puppets that were fought by the Gokaigers and the Goseigers. The Kakuranger keys were defeated by Gokai Green.
After Zangyack were finally defeated, the Gokaigers gave the Ranger Keys back to their rightful owners. Sasuke received his key and became NinjaRed once more.
The Super Sentai Zyudenchi (スーパー戦隊獣電池 Sūpā Sentai?, Super Squadron Beast Batteries), alternatively named Legend Sentai Zyudenchi (レジェンド戦隊獣電池 Rejendo Sentai Jūdenchi?, Legend Squadron Beast Batteries) in the toyline, are a special line of Zyudenchi that contain the likeness of the Sentai teams before Kyoryuger (represented by the main Reds). These Zyudenchi are in the same fashion as the "Legend Rider" lines of Collectible Devices in the Kamen Rider Series.
The Legend Sentai Ressha (レジェンド戦隊レッシャー Rejendo Sentai Ressha?) are Ressha based on the mecha, specifically those belonging to the Red heroes, of the ToQgers' predeceeding Super Sentai teams. They can form a unique combination of ToQ-Oh reminiscent of past Sentai Robos by switching with Red Ressha. The ToQ Changer toy is shown to have sounds for Legend Ressha of all 37 previous Sentai.
The Kakuranger Ressha (カクレンジャーレッシャー KakurenjāRessha?) appears as an SG Ressha. The actual ToQ Ressha is likely based off of NinjaRed's Giant Beast General Red Saruder; should it replace Red Ressha in ToQ-Oh, it would most likely form ToQ-Oh Muteki Shogun.
The Kakuranger Shuriken (カクレンジャーシュリケン Kakurenjā Shuriken?) is one of two special Nin Shuriken (忍シュリケン?) based off AkaNinger's Red Ninja Sentai predecessors, bearing the likeness of NinjaRed and marked with the kanji for "bun" (分?), reflecting NinjaRed's special ability of using the Clone Jutsu to fight the Yokai. It is unlocked from two purified Sealing Shuriken when they give the Ninningers their approval after Youkai Nekomata was destroyed. When AkaNinger inserts the Shuriken into his Ninja Ichibantou while inside Shurikenjin, it activates the Hidden Ninja Art: Cloning Technique (隠れ忍法・分け身の術 Kakure Ninpō - Wakemi no Jutsu?), which allows the mecha to cast illusions of itself onto the target before striking them, as put to use during a battle with a Giant Youkai Gashadokuro.
As the eighteenth Red, NinjaRed's Red Warrior Spirit was embodied by AkaRed.
Behind the scenes
Sasuke is portrayed by Teruaki Ogawa (小川 輝晃 Ogawa Teruaki?), who reprised his role in a voice-only cameo in Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle before returning in the flesh in Ninninger. As NinjaRed, his suit actor was Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二 Takaiwa Seiji?), who likewise reprised his role in Gokaiger and Ninninger.
- Unlike his J.A.K.Q predecessor Spade Ace, who was the leader of his team in the first half of the Sentai show he was in but then became second-in-command after Big One joined the team, Sasuke is the first red ranger in Sentai to not be the leader of his team from start to finish but second-in-command instead (if one doesn't count Ryo's grandson).
- Teruaki Ogawa, who played Sasuke, would later appear in Seijuu Sentai Gingaman as Hyuuga.
- Teruaki Ogawa and Satomi Hirose, who played Tsuruhime, would later do a guest-shot as married couple in Tensou Sentai Goseiger.
- Sasuke is named for the ninja, Sarutobi Sasuke. Coincidentally, they both use monkey-like techniques.
- Although Sasuke does not directly appear in Gokaiger, his voice is heard during Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle as performed by Teruaki Ogawa; Ogawa does return for the series, but cameoes in the twentieth episode as Hyuuga instead.
- Sasuke is the first Sentai ranger to be based on a primate, followed by Gouki, Kotoha Hanaori and Ryuji Iwasaki
- Sasuke is the only Kakuranger who had more than 2 outfits
- Sasuke seems to wear bandanas with his outfits
- It can be inferred in Episode 1 that Sasuke was friends with Saizou though in the early episodes the Kakurangers didn't get along
- Aurico - Power Rangers counterpart in Alien Rangers. See comparison page.(Ranger Suit)
- Rocky DeSantos - Power Rangers counterpart in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Season 3). See comparison page.(Ninja zords and ninja ops)