|This article is about a/an villain in Juken Sentai Gekiranger.|
Sanyo (サンヨ San'yo, 36-48) is a master of the Mythical Beast Basilisk-Fist (幻獣バジリスク拳 Genjū Bajirisukuken) and uses gravity-based attacks. Sanyo ends all his sentences with -ayo and is mutterer, often giving away hints about Long's true plan.
Being Long's right hand man, Sanyo was actually created from a piece of Long's body and is the embodiment of his immortality.
After Long wormed his way into Rio's service, Sanyo drags in the large wooden coffin holding Suugu, sending his apprentices to convince Rio of their power in vain. But Sanyo's habit of blabbering hints of Long's true plans for Rio, with Mele forcing him to reveal what he knew about it. He later battles the Gekirangers to keep them from Mele, only to be defeated by her, GekiChopper, GekiViolet, GekiBlue, and GekiYellow. Though he survived the incident because of his immortality, Sanyo serves his purpose of recreating Long. In the end, Sanyo is devoured by Long as he decides to fight the Gekirangers at his full power.
Super Hero Taisen
Super Hero Taisen Z
Sanyo was part of an army of resurrected (mostly Super Sentai) monsters led by Space Raider after the revival of Madou Demon King Psycho. They proceeded to attack the gathering of Kamen Riders and Super Sentai, giving them a hard time. The heroes of recent years were in a pinch until the arrival of a force of Sentai and Rider reinforcements led by Akarenger and Kamen Rider Ichigo. The combined forces of superheroes were able to turn the tide against the Madou army. They lined up and used their various finisher attacks to destroy the revived monsters.
These Gengi are performed by Sanyo:
- Big-Heavy Slowdown (大重鈍化 Daijūdonka): Opponents' gravity is increased to crush them.
- Small-Light Violent Change (小軽鋭化 Shōkeieika): Opponents' gravity is reduced enough to be blown away.
- Anti-Gravity Armor (反重力鎧 Han Jūryoku Gai): Uses gravity to deflect Ki-based attacks.
- Graviton (蔵備頓 Gurabiton): Alters the surrounding gravity of the area to crush his opponents.
- Height: 223 cm (60.2 m: giant)
- Weight: 116 kg (31.3 t: giant)
- Sanyo's name is based on Suān Yŭ (酸與) of the Shan Hai Jing, and motifs are the Black Tortoise and the Snake of the Earthly Branches.