|This article is about a/an ranger in Kagaku Sentai Dynaman.|
|Sentai Show:||Kagaku Sentai Dynaman|
|First Appearance:||The Tailed-People Clan's Challenge|
|Last Full Appearance:||The Great Gathering of 11 Sentai: The Glorious Opening Collection|
|Number of Episode Appearances:||n/a|
Full list of appearances
Ryuu Hoshikawa (星川 竜, Hoshikawa Ryū) is DynaBlack of the Dynamen.
A descendant of Iga ninjas, skilled in the art of ninpou and invisibility and never allowing himself to miss a day of training. Comedic and cheerful, children take a liking to him. A 22 year old astronomer, he dreams of contacting and befriending alien lifeforms.
Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai
Years later, Hoshikawa fought alongside not only his own team, but every single Sentai ranger in existence, against the Empire of Zangyack when it attacked the Earth in the Great Legend War. After fighting against hundreds of Gormin and their Zgormin commanders. Kaijou noticed the fleet moving towards them, he gathered all the Rangers together and gave them the order to sacrifice their powers to wipe out the first invasion's armada. The DynaBlack powers are later utilised by Don Dogoier via the Ranger Keys.
Farewell Space Pirates
After the Gokaigers defeated the second Zangyack invasion, Marvelous returned the Ranger keys to the Super Sentai, it is assumed Ryuu and his team have their powers back.
Super Hero Taisen
Ryuu, alongside his team, among the majority of the Super Sentai heroes, was caught up in the "Super Hero Taisen" incident which eventually resulted in the Super Sentai teams and Kamen Riders joining forces to defeat both Dai-Zangyack and Dai-Shocker.
Stage Show appearances
In a stage show where the Dynaman are seen fighting Tailed People Clan Jashinka Empire, Goggle Red, Goggle Black, GogglePink, Ultraman Taro, Gavan, Sharivan, VulPanther, and Kamen Rider Stronger arrive to assist the Dynaman.
- Strong Shower
- Meteor Kick
- Black Art of Delivery
- Hiding in Leaves of Wood
- Hiding in the Smokes
- 8 Step Kick
- Ninja Arts Dance of Thick Fried Tofu
- Attitude Change Arts
- Black Spike (Original Version Unused)
The DynaBlack Ranger Key (ダイナブラックレンジャーキー DainaBurakku Renjā Kī?) is Ryuu Hoshikawa's personal Ranger Key and what became of his powers after he along with the rest of the 34 Super Sentai sacrificed their powers to end the Great Legend War.
This key along with the majority of the Ranger Keys were collected by the Red Pirates and later used by the Gokaigers. The DynaBlack Ranger Key was mainly used by Don Dogoier (Gokai Green), who used it to fight as DynaBlack.
- When the Gokaigers became the Dynamen while fighting Deratsueigar of the Zangyack Imperial Guard.
- When the Gokaigers became the Dynamen while fighting a Zangyack force led by Insarn and Barizorg.
- When the Gokaigers became the Dynamen in order to use the New Super Dynamite attack against Action Commander Shieldon in a vein attempt to penetrate his shield.
- As part of a bombardment of changes in the final battle with Emperor Ackdos Gill. He used his ninja duplicating attack alongside Luka (Yellow Mask).
The Dynaman keys, along with all the Ranger Keys of the first 33 Super Sentai, were briefly taken by the Black Cross King and turned into Ranger puppets that were fought by the Gokaigers and the Goseigers. The Dynaman keys were defeated by Gokai Red.
After Zangyack were finally defeated, the Gokaigers gave the Ranger Keys back to their rightful owners. It is presumed that Ryuu received his key and became DynaBlack once more.
Behind the scenes
- Ryuu's surname, Hoshikawa, is shared with the five sibling warriors of Chikyuu Sentai Fiveman
- Ryuu is the first "official" ninja Sentai hero (the heroes of Ninja Captor were part of a revoked Sentai, while Ryuu existed many years before official ninja-themed teams such as Kakuranger or Hurricaneger).
- He appeared nearly a year on air before Ryo Murasame (Kamen Rider ZX), but was preceded by the Rider ninja by a year due to a manga appearance in 1982.
- While not the first Black Ranger, Ryuu is the first Black who has no association with the color Green, making him the first "pure" Black Ranger.