|This article is about a/an ranger in Taiyo Sentai Sun Vulcan.|
|Sentai Show:||Taiyo Sentai Sun Vulcan|
|First Appearance:||Ep. 1: The Machine Empire of the North Pole|
|Last Full Appearance:||Ep. 23: The Female Commander of Galaxy Haunts|
|Last Cameo Appearance:||Ep. 1: The Great Gathering of 10 Sentai: Counting on You! Turboranger (archival footage)|
|Number of Episode Appearances:||23 (Sun Vulcan)|
Full list of appearances
Ryuuske Oowashi (大鷲 龍介, Ōwashi Ryūsuke) was the first VulEagle (初代バルイーグル, Shodai Baru Īguru) of the Sun Vulcan.
An EPDS air force officer and team leader. He left to pursue space shuttle research for NASA in the United States and passed on his leadership to Takayuki Hiba.
- Age: 24 years old
Strangely, the footage for Sun Vulcan seen in the first episode of Turboranger, only uses Ryuusuke, the first VulEagle, including his voice for the team introduction. However, due to the events of the series, the VulEagle who appears in the 10 Sentai gathering in this episode is the second, Takayuki Hiba (albeit in costume only); likewise when audio footage of VulEagle appears in Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai, it is Hiba's introduction used and not Oowashi's.
- Eagle Wings
- Eagle Fire
- Eagle Diving
VulEagle wears a red cloth suit with a white stripe around the collar and a large "V" that appears in the middle of the chest. His gloves and boots are inverse in color: the colors are white while the stripe is red, around the wrist in the gloves and creating a similar "V" formation along the ankle of the boots. A silver belt surrounds his mid-section with a buckle with the raised relief of an eagle upon it; while a pin with the Sun Vulcan logo is pinned on his right side and a scarf flows around his neck. His helmet has a black visor that is jagged at the bottom going down to a gray mouthpiece, while the top and sides are surrounded in a golden line with a relief form of an eagle head, with the rest of the helmet completely red in color.
- Ryuusuke's surname can be translated into "Great Eagle."
- Ryuusuke was planned to be written off the script from the start because his actor was a singer and had a limited contract so that he could release a new album.
- Piloting Cosmo Vulcan, VulEagle I is the first Red to possess his own individual mecha.
- He is the first Red Ranger to be replaced. The second time this event happened wasn't until Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, in which Kaoru Shiba temporarily replaced Takeru.
- Jason Lee-Scott - The frist Red Ranger in Power Rangers to be replaced.
- Takayuki Hiba - His replacement.