|This article is about a/an supporting character in Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger.|
Ryunosuke Sugishita (杉下 竜之介 Ryūnosuke Sugishita) runs a curry restaurant called Dino Curry, which is the Abarangers' base of operations. When the Bakuryuu first came to Earth, Sugishita heard their call and almost became AbareBlue. Unfortunately, his body was unable to support the transformation. Kind and supporting of the Abarangers, he allows the Abarangers to live at Dino Curry, and he often gives advice and helps the team whenever possible. After the fight against the Evolians, Sugishita's curry business became extremely successful and resulted in him receiving great wealth and setting up a global chain of Dino House curry restaurants, as seen in Dekaranger vs. Abaranger. However, he lost ownership to Yatsudenwani.
Behind the scenes
Ryunosuke Sugishita was portrayed by the late Kouen Okumura.
- In the Power Rangers Dino Thunder episode "Lost & Found in Translation", he was named "Mr. O'Shaughnessey" and given an Irish accent by voice actor Stuart Devenie.
- His actor Kouen Okumura also plays God in episode 36 of the Abaranger series as a little inside joke to help explain the cause of Bakuryuu Triceratops turning into a human, which was actually caused by one of his angels.
- Although Ryunosuke doesn't appear in any beyond the Abaranger based ones, he and his Dino Curry restaurant are referred to in every "Vs. movie" through the end of the "direct to video" films. His patrons are noted to include:
- Anubian Chief Doggie Kruger and Cignian Swan Shiratori (Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger)
- Miyuki Ozu (Mahou Sentai Magiranger)
- Morio Makino (GoGo Sentai Boukenger)
- Miki Masaki (Juken Sentai Gekiranger)
- Sachiko Hisatsu (Juken Sentai Gekiranger; stated she wanted to eat here with brother Ken)
- Hant Jou (Engine Sentai Go-Onger; said he knows Miki Masaki from there)
- Captain Marvelous (Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger)
- If he successfully transformed into Abare Blue, he would've been the oldest actor to play a new ranger.