|This article is about a/an ranger in Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters.|
|Sentai Show:||Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters|
|First Appearance:||Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger vs. Uchuu Keiji Gavan: The Movie|
|Last Full Appearance:||Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters Returns vs. Dōbutsu Sentai Go-Busters|
|Number of Episode Appearances:||50|
2 DVD specials
Full list of appearances
|Actor:|| Katsuhiro Suzuki|
Ryu Hashizume (as a child)
- For his V-Cinema alternate see Hiromu Sakurada (V-Cinema)
"Red Buster!" "Busters! Ready? Go!"'
Hiromu Sakurada (桜田 ヒロム, Sakurada Hiromu) is Red Buster (レッドバスター, Reddo Basutā) of the Go-Busters.
His power, like the other Busters, has a Weakpoint trade-off. Whenever Hiromu panics or is immensely startled, he freezes up completely, even in mid-air. However, it is commonly activated when Hiromu sees a chicken, an animal in which he has developed a phobia of.
BiographyHiromu is 20 years old and the second oldest on the team. Thirteen years ago before the events of the first episode, Hiromu's father had saved the world by isolating his entire research building in Hyper Space to contain the virus called "Messiah". Hiromu,along with two other children, escaped this isolation.
A program in his body grants him superhuman abilities. However, his sister Rika refuses to allow him join the Go-Busters training program, which is organized and run by the Energy Management Center. Despite her refusals, Hiromu had already decided he would eventually join when the time comes that they truly need him. Thus Hiromu, though irregularly, undertakes some simulations and training in order to prepare for the eventual threat. His training sessions were done unbeknownst to his sister. In one of their pre-Vaglass outings, they take on their predecessors' nemesis, Basco ta Jolokia. However, they take him on stealthily before heading back home (to the Energy Management Center) and without the Gokaiger's knowledge.
When the EMC finds the threat escalating, Takeshi Kuroki has the Go-Buster basic gear sent to the Sakurada residence hoping for a positive response. When Hiromu receives the gear, he immediately tells his sister that he must go and, despite his sister's protests, that he's already made up his mind to join the Go-Busters.
Hiromu arrives just in time as the ShovelZord, a MegaZord Beta, attempts to destroy Enetron reserves to funnel Enetron for Messiah. Using the untested Buster Vehicle CB-01, Hiromu battles the MegaZord while the other Go-Busters tackle ShovelRoid.
Early on in his career, he and the other Go-Busters meet almost the entire Super Sentai and Kamen Rider community when a crisis forces their figureheads into a ruse that created one of the biggest battles of Sentai and Rider history.
Super Hero Taisen Z
The three Go-Busters are set to appear in Kamen Rider × Super Sentai × Space Sheriff: Super Hero Taisen Z. It has yet to be confirmed whether they will be joined by Beet and Stag Buster.
Hiromu is a serious young member of the Go-Busters. He loves his sister, even if she thinks he shouldn't be a Go-Buster. He is also quite blunt, as it's his personal policy to give it to a person "straight," like telling Cheeda that he has poor directions despite being a Buddy Roid. It's because of his bluntness that he often clashes with fellow Go-Buster Yoko, who hates being wrong.
Hiromu has a deep fear of chickens which ironically became his Weakpoint. This started when Hiromu was young and playing hide-and-seek with Nick. Hiromu accidentally locked himself into a chicken coop and a startled chicken attacked him, which caused his fear..
Video Game appearances
Go-Busters video game
Hiromu as Red Buster appears with his team in the Nintendo DS Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters video game.
- Go-Buster Ace: Red Buster's MegaZord, formed when his Buddy Roid, Cheeda Nick combines with his Buster Vehicle CB-01. It has three modes: MegaZord, Buster Animal, and Buster Machine. It also becomes the torso and upper legs of Go-BusterOh.
As Red Buster uses the GB Custom Visor, Cheeda Nick's data transfers and projects onto Red Buster's suit to form a powerful armor based on the "protector" prototypes. Cheeda and Red Buster, to a degree are combined and can teleport swiftly in a puff of red smoke. Red Buster/Cheeda gain the attack "Volcanick Attack" which allows them to manifest as a flaming CB-01 Cheetah that charges toward the enemy.
The Red Buster Ranger Key (レッドバスターレンジャーキー Reddo Basutā Renjā Kī?) is a Go-Buster Ranger Key which as part of the first three Go-Busters was released as part of the "Legends" series of toys. It only exists as a toy and it is unknown if it will appear in the series. Of course as with all Ranger Keys, should it exist, it would be able to transform one, i.e. Gokai Red, into Red Buster.
Energy Management Center profile
- This profile is given in the Go-Busters credit shots in the opening sequence.
Hiromu Sakurada *ID: 555-913-315 *Code Name: Red Buster *Blood type: AB *Age: 20
Behind the scenes
Hiromu Sakurada is portrayed by Katsuhiro Suzuki (鈴木 勝大 Suzuki Katsuhiro?). As a child, he is portrayed by Ryu Hashizume (橋爪 龍 Hashizume Ryū?). Hiromu was briefly voiced by Syo Jinnai (陳内 将 Jinnai Sho?) when he disguised himself as Enter in Mission 14: Ça va? Rescue Operation. Hiromu was also briefly portrayed by Arisa Komiya (小宮 有紗 Komiya Arisa?) in Mission 28: Beware of Chickens, when Sprayloid 2 caused his appearance to change into that of Yoko, though Katsuhiro Suzuki still provided Hiromu's voice.
As Red Buster, his suit actor is Yoshifumi Oshikawa (押川 善文 Oshikawa Yoshifumi?), whose previous role was Gokai Blue in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger. He has also done suit work for Gosei Black, Shinken Blue, Go-On Blue, and several Kamen Riders. This is the first time he has played a Red Ranger.
- Hiromu is the first Red ranger since two of his predecessors to receive the following:
- The first since Ryo of the Heavenly Fire Star/RyuuRanger (Dairanger) where his primary mech can transform into its own giant robot (0.5 Robo).
- The first since Matoi Tatsumi/GoRed (GoGo-V) to have his own motorcycle.
- He's the second Ranger to be based on a cheetah, the first being Ran Uzaki/GekiYellow (Gekiranger). Coincidently, both characters' names are written in the same fashion, where the given name is in katakana and the surname in kanji.
- His Super Speed Super Power is strong enough to compete in the same league with Kamen Rider Kabuto's famous Clock Up System, which enables Kabuto to travel at near-light speeds by slowing down time. This is shown in Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen, where Hiromu takes on Tsukasa Kadoya (Kamen Rider Decade), who Kamen Rides into Kamen Rider Kabuto.
- Hiromu, as well as Cheeda Nick, have their own personal theme: One Wish, One Day. This song was played during the end of Episode 9 and 10 of Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters.
- Hiromu's ID number (555-913-315) is coincidentally similar to the combined code numbers of Kamen Riders Faiz (555), Kaixa (913), and Psyga (315) from Kamen Rider 555.
- Ran Uzaki - the only other Cheetah-based Ranger in Super Sentai.
- TV Asahi's page on Red Buster
- Hiromu Sakurada/Red Buster at the Kamen Rider Wiki
- Hiromu Sakurada/Red Buster at the Metal Heroes Wiki