|This article is about a/an set of characters in the Power Rangers franchise.|
A Ranger-like Ally is an unofficial designation for characters that have allied themselves with the Power Rangers and have powers and/or strengths similar to that of a Ranger, but are not specifically determined as Rangers.
This category lists Ranger-like allies who fight along side with the Rangers. Though most of them are not Rangers or have debatable Ranger status, some are also seen uttering the team's roll call before battle. Some also have Zord-like capabilities.
These characters usually stay in the form that they would fight in, because it is how they are physiologically or otherwise noted. Characters such as Ninjor, the Blue Senturion and the first Magna Defender fall into this category. Ranger-like Allies often have Zords, or have the ability to transform into a larger Zord-like form.
List of Known Ranger-like Allies
- Ninjor (voiced by Kim Strauss) is a ninja-like sage who assisted the Power Rangers in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
- Auric the Conqueror (voiced by Derek Stephen Prince, uncredited) is an ancient Tiki that had laid dormant on Misterio Island until he is unlocked and assisted the Zeo Rangers in Power Rangers Zeo.
- Blue Senturion (voiced by David Walsh) is an intergalactic robotic police officer who aided the Rangers in Power Rangers Turbo.
- Magna Defender (voiced by Kerrigan Mahan) was the first Defender of Power Rangers Lost Galaxy. He chose, at first, not to aid the Galaxy Rangers in their battle against Scorpius, preoccupied with his quest for vengeance against said enemy for the death of his son Zika and the destruction of their home planet. However, he later makes amends for the destruction he himself caused by saving Terra Venture from immediate destruction and freeing Mike Corbett (Russell Lawrence), who's body he had possessed in order to escape the pit on Mirinoi. Mike subsequently took up the mantle of the Magna Defender himself.
- Clare (Antonia Prebble), Udonna's apprentice in Power Rangers: Mystic Force, held the powers of the Gatekeeper, the person with the magical ability to unlock the seal on the Gate to the Underworld. As the Gatekeeper, Clare donned a purple and white Arabian-style dress, and a silver tiara that her powers came from. Clare was the second Gatekeeper, with the first being her mother Niella.
- Sentinel Knight (Nic Sampson) is the guardian of the Corona Jewels in Power Rangers: Operation Overdrive. He lost his physical form while sealing away a demonic creature known as Thrax, but aided the Overdrive Rangers. Mack used the Sword Excelsior to give him a newer, more powerful body.
- Jarrod (Bede Skinner) is the Black Lion Warrior in Power Rangers Jungle Fury.
- Camille (Holly Shanahan) is the Green Chameleon Warrior in Power Rangers Jungle Fury.
For a character to be a Ranger-like ally there are multiple considerations by different fans. Since this is a fan designation, there are multiple standards for one to be considered Ranger-like:
- A generally Ranger-like appearance.
- The ability to morph.
- Sentient and Zord-like, but able to keep a human-sized form, fighting alongside the team.
- Extra Heroes - Extra Heroes in the Super Sentai version. The ranks of which include counterparts of ranger-like allies in Power Rangers.