|This article is about a/an series entry (continuing the 18th) in the Power Rangers franchise.|
- "Super Samurai" redirects here. For the first episode of this season, see Super Samurai (episode)
|Number of episodes:||22|
|First episode:||Super Samurai|
|Last episode:||Samurai Forever|
|Intro:||Super Samurai Intro|
|Adapted from:||Samurai Sentai Shinkenger|
See comparison page.
|Original airing:||Feburary 18 - December 15, 2012|
Power Rangers: Super Samurai (often abbreviated as PRSS or Super Samurai) is considered the continuation of the eighteenth series entry, and the nineteenth official season of the Power Rangers franchise. It is the continuation of Power Rangers Samurai which continues the adaption of the 33rd Super Sentai season, Samurai Sentai Shinkenger. The season continues Samurai's tradition to be shot and broadcast in HD. The second set of 20 episodes began airing on February 18, 2012 at 12n/11c.. Produced by SCG Power Rangers. The series picks up where the last season left off, with Antonio, the Gold Ranger about to access the Black Box.
Chronologically, Clash of the Red Rangers, a TV movie aired after Samurai, fits in the middle of this season.
- "Centuries ago in Japan, Nighlok monsters invaded our world, but samurai warriors defeated them with power symbols, passed down from parent to child. Today the evil Nighlok have risen once again and plan to flood the earth. Luckily, a new generation of heroes stand in their way. They are the Power Rangers Samurai."
The Samurai Rangers learn to harness the power of the legendary Black Box to form all new Megazord combinations and become Super Samurai!
Through the power of the Black Box, the Samurai Rangers are able to tap into the power of their ancestors and unlock Shogun Mode to help protect humanity from the Netherworld's vile villains. The Black box also allows the Super Samurai to morph into Super Mega Mode inside the Megazord cockpit, which enhances their powers to aid in the battle against super monsters. In addition, a new super weapon, the Bullzooka, will make its first appearance, harnessing some serious laser power to help in the battle to stop the evil Serrator. And with each new adventure, the day gets closer and closer when Jayden, the "Red Samurai Ranger"'s secret will be revealed.
- Main article: Samurai Rangers
|Red Samurai Ranger||Jayden Shiba / Lauren Shiba||Alex Heartman / Kimberley Crossman|
|Blue Samurai Ranger||Kevin||Najee De-Tiege|
|Pink Samurai Ranger||Mia Watanabe||Erika Fong|
|Green Samurai Ranger||Mike||Hector David Jr.|
|Yellow Samurai Ranger||Emily||Brittany Anne Pirtle|
|Gold Samurai Ranger||Antonio Garcia||Steven Skyler|
- Ancient Samurai Rangers
- Shogun Rangers
- Jayden's father (Red Samurai Ranger)
- Unnamed previous Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, and Pink Rangers.
|Ranger Operator Series Red||Scott Truman||Eka Darville (credited as Tobias Reiss, voice)|
- Mentor Ji - The Rangers' all-knowing mentor. He is portrayed by Rene Naufahu.
- Farkas Bulkmeier - One half of the comedy relief duo of this season. Paul Schrier reprises his role from the original series.
- Spike Skullovitch - The other half of this season's comic relief. He's the son of Eugene Skullovitch, Bulk's childhood friend. He refers to Bulk as "Uncle Bulk," implying that Skull either married someone in Bulk's family or that he considers Bulk as family because of brotherly bond between Bulk and Skull. He is portrayed by Felix Ryan.
- Kevin's Father
- Cody's Father
- Terry Watanabe
- Eugene Skullovitch - The father of Spike, and Bulk's childhood friend. At some unknown point Skull became very successful as he now wears a suit and owns a limo. Jason Narvy reprises his role from the original series.
The villains are from the Netherworld.
- Master Xandred
- General Gut
- Sergeant Tread
- Furry Warts
Venjix Computer Network
Main article: Arsenal (Super Samurai)
- Samuraizer - core rangers' morpher
- Samurai Morpher - Gold Ranger's morpher
- Black Box - Super mode morpher
- Shogun Buckle - Battlizer morpher
- Spin Sword - sidearm that transforms into various weapons
- Fire Smasher - Red Ranger's zanbato
- Hydro Bow - Blue Ranger's pressure bow
- Forest Spear - Green Ranger's bladed spear
- Earth Slicer - Yellow Ranger's shuriken
- Sky Fan - Pink Ranger's war fan
- Mega Blade - ranger's zord controllers
- Super Spin Sword - Spin Sword with the Black Box
- Shark Sword - Spin Sword with the Shark Disc
- Barracuda Blade - Gold Ranger's personal weapon
- Bullzooka 
- Super Bullzooka - Super Spin Sword/Bullzooka combo
- Shogun Spear - Mega Blade/Bullzooka combo 
- Samurai Ranger (through Samuraizer)
- Mega Mode (through Spin Sword becoming Mega Blade)
- Super Mode (through Black Box)
- Super Mega Mode (through Black Box and Mega Blade)
- Shark Attack Mode (through Shark Disc/Spin Sword becoming Shark Sword)
- Mega Shark Mode (through Shark Sword)
- Legend:◆ piloted zord, ❖ aux zord, ★ battlezord
- Samurai Shark Gigazord ◆◆◆◆◆❖❖❖❖★◆❖
- Samurai Gigazord ◆◆◆◆◆❖❖❖❖★◆
- Claw Armor Megazord ◆◆◆◆◆★
- Samurai Battle Cannon ❖❖❖❖
- BullZord/Bull Megazord ◆
- SharkZord ❖
- Samurai Gigazord ◆◆◆◆◆❖❖❖❖★◆
- LightZord ❖
- Alternate Combination- Beetle Blaster Megazord ◆◆◆◆◆❖
- Alternate Combination- Swordfish Fencer Megazord ◆◆◆◆◆❖
- Alternate Combination- Tiger Drill Megazord ◆◆◆◆◆❖
- Alternate Combination- Octo Spear Megazord ◆◆◆◆◆❖
- Alternate Combination- Samurai Shark Megazord ◆◆◆◆◆❖
- Alternate Combination- Samurai Lightzord ◆◆◆◆❖
- Super Samurai
- Shell Game
- Trading Places
- Something Fishy
- Clash of the Red Rangers - The Movie
- The Rescue
- The BullZord
- He Ain't Heavy Metal, He's My Brother
- Kevin's Choice
- Runaway Spike
- The Strange Case of the Munchies
- A Sticky Situation
- Trust Me
- The Master Returns
- A Crack in the World
- Stroke of Fate
- Fight Fire With Fire
- The Great Duel
- Evil Reborn
- The Sealing Symbol
- Samurai Forever
- Trickster Treat
- Stuck on Christmas
- Power Rangers Super Samurai: The Complete Season
- Power Rangers: Clash of the Red Rangers
- Power Rangers Super Samurai Volume 1: The Super Powered Black Box
- Power Rangers Super Samurai Volume 2: Super Showdown
- Power Rangers Super Samurai Volume 3: Rise of the Bullzooka
- Power Rangers Super Samurai Volume 4: Secret of the Red Ranger
- Power Rangers Super Samurai (video game) - Xbox 360 Kinect
- Among the Shinkenger footage used in the first Super Samurai promo, Red Ranger in Super mode sweeps through a horde of Moogers. In actuality, the shot is not of a male Red, but of Kaoru Shiba. Ironically, this battle footage was not used in the series.
- Samurai, with its continuation Super Samurai, is the first series entry to have more than 32 episodes since SPD and the first season to have more than 40 episodes since Lost Galaxy.
- This is the first season since Operation Overdrive to have a Battlizer, although it's only used once outside the Megazord cockpit.
- This is the first season to show the Rangers' regular morphing sequences the least, as most of the times they morphed it was just showing them instantly morphing without the sequences.
- This is the first season since In Space to be a direct continuation of the season before it. While Lost Galaxy was set after In Space it is not really a direct continuation of In Space but rather more of a stand-alone spinoff even though the Space Rangers do appear in Lost Galaxy.
- It's the first season since Mighty Morphin to start with six active Rangers.
- It is the second Power Rangers season broadcast on Nickelodeon and Nicktoons.
- Super Samurai is the second season (after SPD) to feature both a female and male Red Ranger.
- Super Mega Mode and Shark Attack Mega Mode appear to have two different belts in the actual show. The first is as seen in official renders for the show, with the closed Shogun Buckle having small attachments on its sides (making it look like the Shogun Buckle toy) which fits over the standard Mega Mode belt. The other is a version that has the closed Shogun Buckle without any attachments, but over a modified belt that has black bands going across the waist. This belt is identical to the one featured in the Shogun Mode. Both belts are used equally and interchangeably by the show (often switching in the same scene) without any reason or explanation given.
- During this time, Saban registered a trademark for something known as "Power Rider". This led fans to believe that Saban was attempting to revive the Kamen Rider franchise in the US or, even more, utilize the episodes based around Kamen Rider Decade: Shinkenger World. However, nothing came about this and it is assumed that nothing involving Kamen Rider Decade will come about.
- This is the first series to have the same name as an Enhancement Mode.
- This is the first sequel season to adapt from the same Sentai the previous season did.
- Occasional merchandise, such as the official season poster and website, will have the Samurai Rangers in Mega Mode, possibly to distinguish this season from the previous.
- This is the first season to start the trend of sequel seasons with the word Super added to their title.
Reception and Ratings
To be added
- Power Rangers Super Samurai | Power Rangers - The Official Power Rangers Website
- Power Rangers Games - power rangers fan game website
- ↑ The Licensing Book, October 2011
- ↑ http://youtu.be/469TESpIVro?t=26m30s
- ↑ IGN Article
- ↑ Felix Ryan's character's name changed from Skinny Mack to Spike
- ↑ about the Main Villain Xandred
- ↑ http://powerrangersworld.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/katalog_2012.pdf German Catalogue confirms Bullzooka
- ↑ http://powerrangersworld.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/katalog_2012.pdf German Catalogue confirms Shogun Spear
- ↑ Production photo on Toyline Packaging
- ↑ http://www.kidzcoolit.com/reviews/toy-fair-2012-power-rangers-super-samurai.php Toy Fair video shows Commercial for Super Samurai with "New Modes"