|This article is about a/an series entry (the 20th) in the Power Rangers franchise.|
|Number of episodes:||22|
|First episode:||Mega Mission|
|Last episode:||End Game|
|Adapted from:||Tensou Sentai Goseiger|
|Original airing:||February 2, 2013|
Megaforce features Gosei, a supernatural being who has protected the earth for centuries with his robotic assistant, Tensou. But when the evil Warstar aliens begin their massive invasion, Gosei calls upon five teenagers with attitude to form the ultimate team...The Power Rangers Megaforce!
When the teens morph into Power Rangers, they gain superhuman strength, agility, and mastery over martial arts. In addition to defending earth against the Warstar aliens, other monstrous factions emerge to challenge the Megaforce Rangers. Under the leadership of a malevolent alien, toxic beasts rise from their slimy underground lair to attack the Earth and a ruthless robot army launches an offensive from their deep sea compound. In order to face these new threats, the Power Rangers Megaforce unlock powerful battle modes to fight their adversaries.
"Power Rangers Megaforce" was trademarked by Saban Brands in 2011 during the run of Power Rangers Samurai. Due to the audition calls for Power Rangers (which Rangers were not identified outrightly) involving a black ranger, there were speculations that it may be Power Rangers' reinterpretation of Tensou Sentai Goseiger. The official name was then revealed as "Power Rangers Megaforce" with the descriptions reflecting it is indeed a Goseiger adaptation. However, leaked casting sides and other information also showed Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger influence, which was revealed to be part of the show's second season Super Megaforce.
|Megaforce Red||Troy Burrows ||Andrew Gray|
|Megaforce Pink||Emma Goodall||Christina Masterson|
|Megaforce Black||Jake Holling||Azim Rizk|
|Megaforce Yellow||Gia Moran||Ciara Hanna|
|Megaforce Blue||Noah Carver||John Mark Loudermilk|
|Robo Knight||Robo Knight||Chris Auer (voice)|
- Toxic Beasts
- Robots (team name unrevealed)
- Mega Blaster for use with Mini-Zords
- Wild Sword for use in Ultra mode
- Robo Blaster for use with the Vulcan Cannon
Team Blaster and Individual Weapons
- Megaforce Blaster◆◆◆◆◆
- Dragon Sword ◆
- Phoenix Shot ◆
- Snake Axe ◆
- Tiger Claw ◆
- Shark Bowgun ◆
- Legend:◆ piloted zord, ❖ aux zord, ◇ combo-assist zord, ✶ team-piloted mecha
- Gosei Great Grand Megazord ◆◆◆◆◆◆❖❖
- Sky Brothers Zords ❖❖❖/❖❖❖
- Land Brothers Zords ❖❖❖/❖❖❖
- Sea Brothers Zords ❖❖❖
- Ultra Change Zord ◇
- Gosei Ultimate Megazord ✶/◆◆◆◆◆
- Gosei Jet Megazord/Gosei Jet ◆◆◆◆◆
- Alternate Combination - Sea Megazord ◆◆◆◆◆❖❖❖
- Alternate Combination - Land Megazord ◆◆◆◆◆❖❖❖
- Alternate Combination - Sky Megazord ◆◆◆◆◆❖❖❖
- Alternate Combination - Ultra Gosei Great Megazord◆◆◆◆◆❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖◇
- Mega Mission
- He Blasted Me With Science
- Going Viral
- Stranger Ranger
- United We Stand
- Harmony and Dizchord
- Who's Crying Now?
- Robo Knight
- Prince Takes Knight
- Man and Machine
- Ultra Power
- Last Laugh
- Dream Snatcher
- Gosei Ultimate
- The Human Factor
- Rico the Robot
- Staying on Track
- The Human Condition
- The Messenger
- End Game
- The Robo Knight Before Christmas
- Power Rangers Megaforce (video game) - Nintendo 3DS
- The first half of the morphing call, "It's Morphin Time", is the same as Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Alien Rangers and Zeo. The second half, "Go Go Megaforce", is similar to Samurai's.
- This is the second season where the main theme for the season has been in a similar tune to the previous season, in this case, it uses the same theme as Power Rangers Samurai and Super Samurai. The first was with the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Power Rangers Zeo. In both cases, the "Go Go Power Rangers" theme is used to different degrees. A part of the song is similar to the theme of Lost Galaxy.
- This is the first Power Rangers series to use footage from multiple, previously unadapted Super Sentai series' in a single episode as Mega Mission uses footage from both Tensou Sentai Goseiger and Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.
- This is the first anniversary season where the main Sentai counterpart, (Goseiger), is not counted as an anniversary season. However, it also uses footage from Gokaiger, which is an anniversary season.
- This is the second season to use footage from the Sentai that will be adapted into the following season. The first was Power Rangers Turbo during Chase Into Space Part 2.
- This is the first season that excludes a mecha that was present in it's Sentai counterpart.
- In the opening at 0:01, the person behind the morpher is actually Troy's Super Sentai counterpart. This error is unedited for unknown reasons.
- The first season since Wild Force where characters wear the same clothing every episode.
- Tensou Sentai Goseiger - Super Sentai counterpart . See comparison page.
- Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger - Super Sentai counterpart . See comparison page.
- ↑ http://www.rangercrew.com/forum/showthread.php?25573-Power-Rangers-Megaforce-Discussion-Thread&p=1059393&viewfull=1#post1059393 Megaforce Episodes
- ↑ http://tv.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-power-rangers-megaforce-premieres-first-look-cast-120000936.html
- ↑ http://www.nick.com/megaforce/ Official names
- ↑ http://www.rangercrew.com/forum/showthread.php?25573-Power-Rangers-Megaforce-Discussion-Thread&p=1059393&viewfull=1#post1059393
- ↑ http://blog.samuraicast.com/power-rangers-megaforce-the-robo-knight-before-christmas/