This article is a stub, meaning it needs more info. You can improve this RangerWiki article by expanding it.
|This article is about a/an set of rangers in Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger.|
The Patrangers are the 42nd Super Sentai team alongside their rivals, the Lupinrangers. They are a group of police officers assembled to track down the Interdimensional Crime Group Gangler and retrieve the stolen treasures of the Lupin Collection.
|Patren 1gou||Keiichiro Asaka||Kousei Yuuki|
|Patren 2gou||Sakuya Hikawa||Ryo Yokoyama|
|Patren 3gou||Tsukasa Myoujin||Kazusa Okuyama|
Officers of the Global Special Police Organization Japan Branch, Keiichiro Asaka, Sakuya Hikawa and Tsukasa Myoujin comprised a three-man tactical unit established to counter the Interdimensional Crime Group Gangler. On a night shift, the three officers were sent to shut down the illegal casino of Gangler Monster Ruretta Gerou, only to be beaten by the notorious phantom thieves, the Lupinrangers. On the following day, the Tactical Unit were alerted by accountant robot Jim Carter to a Gangler incursion at the Kurehama Pier, which coincided with their receiving of the VS Changers, devices provided to counter the Gangler, by Commander Hilltop. Confronting the Gangler whom they found engaged in a fight with the Lupinrangers, the three GSPO officers, intending to arrest all parties, used the VS Changers to transform into the Patrangers for the first time.
In the ensuing battle, Nargo took his leave as the two Sentai fought, with the Lupinrangers eventually taking off in their enlarged Dial Fighters. Though the Patrangers took pursuit in the Trigger Machines, the police were ultimately eluded by the Lupinrangers. Once Nargo returned to wreak havoc, the Patrangers rushed to intercept him, again coming second to the Lupinrangers, however, once the thieves reclaimed Nargo's piece of the Lupin Collection, Kairi was content to leave him to the Patrangers who, provided with the sentient Lupin Collection piece GoodStriker, combined into Patren Ugou for the first time to perform their finisher and destroy him. Nargo was revived and enlarged immediately after, at which point the Lupinrangers rejoined the fray to engage him in their Fighters, with GoodStriker choosing to leave the Patrangers and provide his power to form the Kaitou Gattai LupinKaiser and destroy Gangler Monster once and for all. Following this, the Tactical Unit officers entered the Bistrot Jurer, where the thieves had hidden with GoodStriker.
Oblivious to the thieves' identities, the officers had intended to eat at the Bistro but were called away before they could order. Confronting Namero Bacho, the Patrangers were again met with the Lupinrangers, with the situation being further complicated when Patren 2gou lost his VS Changer to Lupin Blue before being imobilized by Namero's adhesive while his Changer was retrieved by 3gou, allowing the Gangler to get away. While Keiichiro scolded Sakuya for incompetence, Hilltop suggested that he make up for it as an anonymous eyewitness pointed the GSPO to Studio Bacho. Unbeknownst to the Patrangers, they had been used as bait by the Lupinrangers, who moved to acquire the Qui a fait qui as the police officers were all incapacitated upon entering the studio. However, Sakuya proved his worth by freeing himself and his team who, catching up with the Gangler, were met by GoodStriker, who used his power to combine their Trigger Machines into the Keisatsu Gattai PatKaiser for the first time, allowing them to destroy the enlarged Namero, at which point they were ejected as GoodStriker took his leave. Their work for the day done, the GSPO officers resumed their dinner date at the Bistrot Jurer.
Individual Weapons and Team Weapon
- Pat MegaBo ◆◆◆
- Legend:◆ piloted mecha, 2-person mecha, ❖ auxiliary mecha
- Keisatsu Gattai PatKaiser ◆◆◆❖
- X Emperor Gunner ◆◆
- Patranger is the first main Super Sentai team that does not have a Blue Ranger.
- Patranger is also the first main 3-member Sentai team to have neither a Blue Ranger nor a Yellow Ranger on their team.
- Patranger's name is a play on the English words "patrol" and "Ranger".
- The Patrangers have a sound or letters in their names that spell out a word when lined up. In this case, it is "Keisatsu", the Japanese word for "police".
- Keiichiro Asaka
- Sakuya Hikawa
- Tsukasa Myoujin
- The insignia for the Patrangers is an S, while the Lupinrangers' insignia is a V. This references the "VS" in the show's title.
- The Patrangers are the first rangers since Nanami Nono (Hurricane Blue) to use a megaphone themed weapon.
- The Patrangers are the first rangers to be able to merge into one multicolored ranger.
- However, the idea of merging rangers together was seen when Yamoto and Bud became Zyuoh Condor.
- The concept of 3 Tokusatsu heroes merging into 1 body has also been used by the Tokusatsu hero Triple Fighter from the show of the same name.
- The team appears to be a combination of Dekaranger and Go-Busters. Just like the Dekarangers, they are a police-themed team, and just like the Go-Busters, they are on a mission.