|This article is about a/an episode in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.|
|Ep. 36: Partner Pirate|
|Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger, Episode 36|
|Tribute to Engine Sentai Go-Onger|
|Air date October 30, 2011|
|Written by Junko Kōmura|
Ep. 35: Dimension on the Other Side
Ep. 37: The Strongest Fighting Machine
The Gokaigers defeated Chirakashizky in order to stop Gaiark's attack on the Gunman World, but end up falling into one of their traps! Turns out that another Gaiark member is attempting to take over Human World! But having saved Gunman World, they now find out that the dimensional door to back to Human World has closed!
Sosuke and the Gokaigers head to the Engines home world, "Machine World" where they attempt to get help from a new Engine, Machalcon, and return to Human World but....! Will the new Engine join up with the Gokaigers? Will Go-Onger's Grand Power be unleashed?!
After trapping the Gokaigers and Sosuke in Gunman World, Babatcheed proceeds to begin his attack on the Human World. However, this attracts the Zangyack's attention with Warz coming to Earth with Insarn and Barizorg in what becomes an all-out among the villains. Back in Gunman World, after the Engines are unable to break the Isolation Barrier around the Human World in their shrunken state, Doc suggests they go to Machine World to get Machalcon's help.
Once in Machine World, the Gokai Galleon crew find Machalcon, who ignores Speedor and Bear RV's pleas to save the Human World. When Sosuke tries to convince the Engine in his own annoying way, a irrate Machalcon fires at the Gokai Galleon while saying that he will help if they can catch him. The Gokaigers accept his challenge as they use their Gokai Machines to stop the Engine in his tracks. As Gokai Red points out that the Engine is really running away from his troubles, he has the Gokai Galleon, the Gokai Jet, and the Gokai Racer combine unto Machalcon to slow him down. Finally admitting that he was jealous of his parents, accepted as a Gokai Galleon crew member to find his place, Machalcon helps break the Isolation Barrier while Bomper and the other Engines remain.
Once back in their Braneworld in the middle of the villains' fight, the Gokaigers take both evil groups on as Warz falls back so the pirates and the Gaiark can kill each other. Using the Go-Onger Keys, the Gokaigers defeat the grunts before overwhelming Babatcheed and then using the Gokai Galleon Buster to defeat him. After performing Industrial Revolution, Babatcheed battles GokaiOh and GoZyuJin before Sosuke tells the Gokaigers to use his team's greater power as they formed a partnership with Machalcon. Summoned, Machalcon combines with GokaiOh to form Go-On GokaiOh who scraps Babatcheed. Soon after, as Machalcon returns to Machine World, Sosuke is impressed with the Gokai Galleon crew as he asks if he can join their crew as well.
- Ryota Ozawa as Captain Marvelous (Gokai Red)
- Yuki Yamada as Joe Gibken (Gokai Blue)
- Mao Ichimichi as Luka Millfy (Gokai Yellow)
- Kazuki Shimizu as Don Dogoier (Gokai Green)
- Yui Koike as Ahim de Famille (Gokai Pink)
- Jun Ikeda as Gai Ikari (Gokai Silver)
- Yukari Tamura as Navi (voice)
- Yasuhisa Furuhara as Sosuke Esumi (Go-On Red†)
- Akiko Nakagawa as Bomper (voice)
- Gokai Changes in Partner Pirate:
Elements/Homages to Go-Onger
- The title for this episode is similar to that of the Go-Onger episodes with half of the title written out in Hiragana or Kanji, while the other half of the title is completely in Katakana. In this title, which accounts for another part of typical Go-Onger titles, there is no "no" connector, merely the subject word which is in Katakana and the modifying word that affects it which is in Hiragana or Kanji.
- The temporary alliance of the Zangyack trio of Walz Gill, Barizog and Insarn with Babatcheed is similar to the existence of the Three Gaiark Ministers who did most of the dirty work for their superiors, ultimately to Babatcheed's father Pollution President Batcheed. This may also be in reference to the Gaiark Ministers' relationship with Batcheed in Samurai Sentai Shinkenger vs. Go-Onger: GinmakuBang!!, who wanted nothing to do with the Gaiark leader after their defeat in the series.
- When the Gokaigers put on their helmets, they say "met on!" which is what the Go-Ongers said when they put their helmets on.
- As part of Super Hero Time, this episode aired alongside Kamen Rider Fourze episode 9, Witch's Awakening.
- When the Gokaigers confront Zangyack in their fight with Gaiark, Joe and Barizorg acknowledge each other, a foreshadowing of their confrontation in the next episode.
- When Sosuke asks if he could join the Gokaigers, he suggests "Gokai Fire" (ゴーカイファイアー Gōkai Faiyā?) as a name for himself, possibly a reference to TimeFire from Mirai Sentai Timeranger, also considering that, like TimeFire, he would be a 6th Red Sentai Ranger. Hearing the name Gai also adds: "That's really cool, but it kind of rips off someone..."
- Outside the Gokai Galleon, the race against Machalcon is the first time the individual mechs are used by the other four Gokaiger since their debut in Ep. 2: The Worth of this Planet.
- In the previous episode, President Babatcheed seals off Human World using a 'Sakoku barrier'. This is a reference to the 200 year Sakoku period, in which Japan isolated itself from the outside world. It is also further emphasized in this episode, as Babatcheed mentions 'the arrival of the red ship' after the Gokaigers manage to break the Sakoku barrier, referencing the arrival of the Black Ships of Commodore Perry that forcibly ended the isolation period.