|This article is about a/an Ranger in Power Rangers S.P.D.|
|S.P.D. Red Ranger|
|Last Appearance:||Reflection (1)|
|Number of Episode|
Officer Tate is the father of Sky Tate. He was a Red Ranger.
Officer Tate apparently helped create the Delta Morphers along with the parents of the other B-Squad Rangers and Kat Manx and due to this his DNA was altered. As a result, his son Sky was born with the ability to create force fields. He was once called to an intense battle, and saved dozens of people, but he ultimately lost his life to a criminal named Mirloc. Mirloc was later contained and sent to a special prison facility. His helmet was found and given to his son Sky after his death. Mirloc later escaped but was recaptured by Sky himself in battle.
S.P.D. Red Ranger
- Tate presumably piloted some sort of zord before his death, likely reminiscent of primitve SPD technology.
- Tate presumably utilised an array of weapons before his death, likely reminiscent of primitive SPD technology.
- His suit resembles that of the Red Time Force Ranger, Wesley Collins. This is due to Disney re-using suits and props from previous series. The suit is mostly unaltered save for a SPD logo on the chest. This led some fans to assume that Wesley was Sky's father at first.
- The fact he wore the Red Time Force suit caused fandom to believe that he was Wes Collins from Time Force.
- In order of series, Officer Tate is the first Red Ranger whose son also became a Red Ranger after him, the next was Jayden's father from Samurai, though chronologically, he is actually the second.