|This article is about a/an episode in Power Rangers Megaforce.|
Mega Mission is the first episode of Power Rangers Megaforce. It is the debut of the Mega Rangers and the Warstar aliens. It also foreshadows a war in which the all the past Rangers do battle with a yet unknown armada.
When malicious aliens make their way to Earth's orbit, Gosei decides to form a new team of teenage heroes to defend the planet and carry on the proud tradition of the Power Rangers.
On his way to school, new kid Troy Burrows dreams of an epic battle between an army of Power Rangers and an alien invasion. The bus driver wakes him up as he's already arrived. Late for class, Troy walks in on a class discussion about who'd be the last species to survive on the planet. While previous answers included insects (according to Emma) and robots (according to Noah), Troy believes humans will be the last species, as when working together, they can achieve anything. As the class discusses, Jake continues to be fascinated by his classmate and crush, Gia.
Emma and Gia decide to go to Ernie's BrainFreeze. However, Emma wants to stop over by the woods to take shots of migrating insect life beforehand. Jake drags Noah along to follow Gia to the BrainFreeze. During Emma's photowalk, she runs into Creepox who nearly sees her.
At the BrainFreeze, Jake orders three ice cream cones from Ernie, the proprietor, one of which he wants to give to Gia. However, as Ernie looks away, a strange gust of wind and sparkling light spirits Jake, Noah, and Gia away one by one.
On a rooftop, Troy is practicing his Karate, when the same energy takes him away. Troy, along with Jake, Gia and Noah find themselves in an underground facility where a giant gold and silver tiki-head introduces himself as Gosei. He reveals that he'd had his robotic assistant Tensou choose the five of them in the long tradition of Power Rangers to defend against an alien threat. Just then, Emma arrives in the same energy that Tensou used to teleport the others. She's brought a picture of one of the aliens (that she'd encountered earlier). Troy realizes that the maquettes that line the wall were the representations of the Rangers he'd seen in his dream. While initially hesitant, Troy and the others agree to take on the responsibility.
Gosei and Tensou teleport them to the city where alien Loogies have begun to rampage. Finding themselves thrust into battle, Troy uses his martial arts skills on the Loogies while Gia engages in a fist fight with them. Noah evades most of the Loogies but manages to hit some of them on accident. Emma uses her SLR camera to stun some of the Loogies while fighting them off, and Jake uses his soccer skills to attack the Loogies with his soccer ball. However, when the Looogies bring out their firepower, the teens realize they need something more. Troy leads them to morph into the Mega Rangers and they use their powers to tip the odds. They even have new abilities, Troy transports himself with a powerful tornado. Emma flies, and Gia and Jake are able to create a quake.
The Warstar send out a new monster when they realize that the Rangers could clean the clocks of their Loogies. The Warstar alien Scaraba wreaks havoc by rolling an Earthen ball, destroying property and chasing citizens. The Rangers defeat him by calling on their Mega Blasters and summoning the Megaforce Blaster.
After defeating the alien, the new Rangers return to the Command Center and vow never to surrender!
- Andrew Gray - Troy Burrows
- John Mark - Noah Carver
- Azim Rizk - Jake Holling
- Ciara Hanna - Gia Moran
- Christina Masterson - Emma Goodall
- Shailesh Prajapati as Ernie
- Ian Harcourt as Mr Burley
- Geoffrey Dolan as Gosei/Gosei Morpher
- Estevez Gillespie as Tensou
- Campbell Cooley as Admiral Malkor
- Jason Hood as Vrak
- Mark Mitchinson as Creepox
- Anthony Ray Parker as Scaraba
- Megaforce Red - Dragon Sword, Dragon Headder, Gosei Dynamic
- Megaforce Pink - Phoenix Shot, Phoenix Headder, Gosei Dynamic
- Megaforce Black - Snake Axe, Snake Headder, Gosei Dynamic
- Megaforce Yellow - Tiger Claw, Tiger Headder, Gosei Dynamic
- Megaforce Blue - Shark Bowgun, Shark Headder, Gosei Dynamic
- Troy dreaming of the war is similar to the first episode of Kamen Rider Decade, where Natsumi Hikari had a dream of the Rider War, which came to pass in the last episode of Decade.
- The shot of the Lightspeed Rangers in the Legend War was not taken from the original Legend War scene in Gokaiger, nor is it original footage. It actually came from Gokaiger episode 23, the tribute episode to the Super Sentai source series of Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue, Kyukyu Sentai GoGo-V. That shot originally depicted the Gokaigers jumping out of the fireball created by a dual attack from the RinJyuKen Warriors Ranger Key Clones, just after they transformed into GoGo-V. This accounts for why Joel Rawlings appears to jump backwards through the shot, since his Gokaiger counterpart is Don Dogoier, who acted as comic relief and frequently botched team poses. It also explains the absence of Ryan Mitchell, who has no Super Sentai counterpart.
- One of the shots during the pre-charge is entirely new. In one brief shot, as pictured, Jayden Shiba is seen bracing his sword over his left arm while he stands with Nick Russell and Disney-Era Rangers, this piece of footage is American exclusive.
- The shot of the six Mega Rangers in the war charging back into battle is from Goseiger's Epic 45: The Messiah is Born.
- This episode is a tribute to the episode "Day of the Dumpster", many nods and details are alike to the episode:
- The exchange between Gosei and Tensou when Gosei tells Tensou to recruit the new rangers is paraphrased from a similar exchange between Zordon and Alpha when they were recruiting the Mighty Morphin' rangers, most direct is the line "You don't mean... Teenagers".
- The Mega Rangers are teleported into the Command Center, as the Mighty Morphin' Rangers did.
- When Gosei is introducing the power of each ranger, he tells them about their qualities, just as Zordon did.
- In the scene where Troy and the others morph, there's a line taken almost directly from the first episode of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers; Troy says: "Gosei said the Morphers would give us power. Let's use 'em." And Jason said: "Zordon said these Power Morphers would give us power. Let's do it!".
- In the final scene of the episode there are two lines taken almost directly from the first episode of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. The first when Noah says their wins were just luck, the second when Emma says she is uncertain because the helmet messes up her hair, which is the same line Kimberly says.
- Jake calls Gosei "freaky tiki", a nod to the monster of the same name who appeared in Power Rangers Lost Galaxy.
- Gosei says Zordon was his mentor and he put him on Earth. This is the first time someone mentions Zordon since Once a Ranger.
- Despite having a dedicated satellite Nickelodeon channel, this episode premiered in the UK on 3rd August 2013 on the freeview Channel 5.
- When the rangers summon their battle gear, instead of Gosei announcing "Summon Battle Gear", Troy says it himself when he summons his Dragon Sword.
- During Troy's dream of the Legend War, several Super Sentai teams (those before Zyuranger who were never adapted as Power Rangers series and the main five Dairangers) can be seen in long shots. FivePink of Fiveman was visible in a medium shot. This is footage is taken from Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger Episode 1.
- During the Gosei Great stock footage shown to the rangers at the Command Center, the words Tensou Sentai Goseiger can be seen.
- Troy presents his card, fully printed, onscreen to morph. In the next couple of shots its print just starts to materialize in a flickering array of light. The sequence is seen below.
- The cards that they were using had there Goseiger names on it.
- Epic 1: The Gosei Angels Descend - Super Sentai counterpart in Goseiger. See comparison page. (introducing the characters) (fight footage & story)
- Ep. 1: The Space Pirates Appear - Super Sentai counterpart in Gokaiger. See comparison page. (introducing the war)
- ↑ http://www.rangercrew.com/forum/showthread.php?25573-Power-Rangers-Megaforce-Discussion-Thread&p=1059393&viewfull=1#post1059393 Megaforce Episode Titles and descriptions