|This article is about a/an villain in Power Rangers Mystic Force.|
Matoombo is a cotton ball-like titan and is one of the Ten Terrors, and one of the few that turned good.
Matoombo began his rampage on the surface world by collecting all the electricity in the area. However, he confused the Rangers when he said, "Don't interfere and no one will be harmed." After he disappeared, the Rangers split up to look for him.
The first one to find him was Vida, who witnessed him save a boy. She pointed out that if he kept helping the Master, everyone would be killed. Xander arrived to fight him, but Vida stopped both of them and tried to convince him. Matoombo turned good and stopped his attack. However, Matoombo had been chosen to become the Master's vessel, and Gekkor soon came looking for him. Vida grabbed Jenji and took him aboard the Solar Streak, protecting him as they looked for the Lake of Lament--where Matoombo could sleep and prevent the Master from controling his body.
Itassis sent Xander, the least likely person, to help Vida. They managed to trick Gekkor, and Matoombo made it to the lake but was combined with the Master by Sculpin before he could escape. Matoombo's body was then horrifically mutated as the Master was reborn.
After the Master was destroyed, Matoombo got his body back and became a DJ along with Vida working with her at the Rock Porium.
Like Itassis, Matoombo is not interested in harming others unless it's necessary. Matoombo also has a kind and gentle heart; he will save the lives of children should they be in danger.
Powers and Abilities
- Strength: Being one of the Ten Terrors, Matoombo is indeed strong, powerful enough to best Koragg in battle.
- Size Changing: Like the other Terrors, Matoombo can change his size at will.
- Lighting Orb: Matoombo can summon a large ball of lighting that can absorb electricity from other places.
- Energy Shield: From his left hand, Matoombo can produce an energy shield, is is powerful enough to block the attacks from both the Titan Megazord and the Solar Streak Megazord.
- Lighting Beam: Motoombo can fire a yellow lighting beam from his right hand.
- Double Bladed Sword: Matoombo is armed with a large two bladed sword for melee combat, it is strong enough to break Koragg's shield and take down both the Titan Megazord and the Solar Streak Megazord with one swing.
- Lighting Empowerment: Matoombo can also charge up his sword with yellow lighting to incress his power.
Behind the Scenes
- Matoombo is voiced by Cameron Rhodes.
- Matoombo's name is a slight play on Dikembe Mutombo's last name.