|This article is about a/an episode in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
- "Zeddy, meet... Master Vile, my... father."
- ―Rita Repulsa
|Master Vile and the Metallic Armor|
|Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Season 3), Episode 3x28, 3x29, 3x30|
|Air date November 20-22, 1995|
|Written by Mark Litton|
|Directed by Rob Radler|
A Chimp in Charge
I'm Dreaming of a White Ranger
The 19th, 20th and 21st Zeo Serial Shorts aired before a later airing of each three parts.
Master Vile, the extremely powerful father of Rita Repulsa and Rito Revolto, arrives at the Moon Palace and takes command, determined to finally defeat the Rangers. He creates the energy-absorbing Globbor Monster who grows increasingly powerful with each transformation. To defeat this nearly unstoppable monster and super-strong Tengas, Zordon gives the teens the power of Metallic Armor, and charges them with task of retrieving the ancient Zeo Crystal, before Vile destroys the entire planet.
to be added
- Jason David Frank as Tommy Oliver (Mighty Morphin White Ranger)
- Steve Cardenas as Rocky DeSantos (Mighty Morphin Red Ranger)
- Johnny Yong Bosch as Adam Park (Mighty Morphin Black Ranger II)
- David Yost as Billy Cranston (Mighty Morphin Blue Ranger)
- Karan Ashley as Aisha Campbell (Mighty Morphin Yellow Ranger)
- Catherine Sutherland as Kat Hillard (Mighty Morphin Pink Ranger II)
- Paul Schrier as Bulk
- Jason Narvy as Skull
- Robert L. Manahan as Zordon (voice)
- Donene Kistler as Alpha 5
- Richard Steven Horwitz as Alpha 5 (voice)
- Richard Genelle as Ernie
- Gregg Bullock as Lt. Jerome Stone
- Walter Jones as Zack Taylor (Mighty Morphin Black Ranger) (morphed only) (archive footage)
- Amy Jo Johnson as Kimberly Ann Hart (Mighty Morphin Pink Ranger) (morphed only) (archive footage)
- Ed Neil as Lord Zedd
- Robert Axelrod as Lord Zedd (voice)
- Carla Perez as Rita Repulsa
- Barbara Goodson as Rita Repulsa (voice)
- Danny Wayne Stallcup as Goldar
- Kerrigan Mahan as Goldar (voice)
- Michael J. Sorich as Squatt (voice)
- Dave Mallow as Baboo (voice)
- Bob Papenbrook as Rito Revolto (voice)
- Tom Wyner as Master Vile (voice)
- First appearance of Master Vile, Rita and Rito's father, who would remain on the show until "Alien Rangers of Aquitar, Part 2" (Aside from appearing in hologram form in A Zeo Beginning)
- Part I marks the first time two Megazords are used in one battle.
- Debut of the Metallic Armor(which is only used in this three parter and the next two episodes) which serves as a replacement for the Ninja outfit powers to combat Rita and Zedd's super strong Tengas.
- Debut of the Shogun Megafalconzord configuration.
- First appearance of Billy's Falconzord remote which enables the Rangers to control both the Ninja and Shogun Megazords simultaneously.
- In the Ninja Sentai Kakuranger footage that serves as the basis for the episode, Globber gained its final form when it absorbed the powers of four of the Kakurangers, which is why the final form has the four Aquitian Ranger helmets, though no mention is ever made in the show about the resemblance; and the weapon it gains is Ninja Black's crossbow.
- In the American adaptation, Master Vile instructs Globbor to "use their weapons against them;" this is most likely due to the crossbow somewhat resembling the Power Blaster from Zyuranger footage in the brief shot of Globbor firing it. Cut from the Sentai footage is Ninja Red (the only Kakuranger not to be absorbed) attacking Master Vile's Sentai counterpart to damage the monster and provoke him to grow.
- Second time a Ranger is seen in Rita and Zedd's palace, the first being "Green With Evil"
- Rita jokes the forcefield protecting the Zeo Crystal scarred Lord Zedd's face.
- In Part II, when Tommy is trying to get through the Zeo Crystal's forcefield, clips from "Green with Evil" (Tommy destroying the Command Center and then breaking into the Megazord), "The Mutiny" (Tommy and Billy fighting some Z-Putties), and "Final Face-Off" (Tommy and Rocky fighting the Face Stealer) are seen.
- Part III marks the final usage of the Blade Blasters.
- Things seen or used for the final time:
- The Ninja Megazord cockpit
- Saba used in combat
- The Blade Blasters
- Ninjor in American footage
- The Green Ranger with his cloth Dragon Shield used in the American footage (later appearances in Fighting Spirit and the Super Megaforce finale feature the armor made of the same heavy-duty material used in Zyuranger, albeit with a white vertical stripe added to the helmet).
- In Part I, when Rito clumsily drops and shatters the vase containing Ninjor, the deluxe American Ninjor action figure can be seen briefly lying on the ground.
- In Part II, when Tommy reaches for the Zeo Crystal, his flashback of destroying the Command Center as the Green Ranger has Zordon saying, "No, Green Ranger, stop immediately! You mustn't do this! Stop!" However, during that event in "Green With Evil," Zordon originally said, "No, you must not do this! Alpha! Alpha 5, wake up! Alpha, you must warn the other Power Rangers! Tommy, stop, you don't know what you're doing!" This was due to Bob Manahan dubbing over David Fielding's voice and original dialogue.
- While Tommy and Katherine are still in the process of returning with the Falconzord, an establishment shot from the ongoing battle against Globbor shows the Ninja MegaFalconzord standing there.
- The Falconzord's cockpit looks noticeably different.
- When the Rangers combine their powers to sever Master Vile's link to the Zeo Crystal, quick zooming shots of their Morphers clearly show the original Dino Power Coins on their belts. Furthermore, Katherine had only ever used the Crane Power Coin, inherited from Kimberly.
- In Part III, Dischordia is visibly present at Master Vile's End of the World party, seated by a table with the Invenusable Flytrap, even having a speaking role, despite not officially appearing until The Sound of Dischordia, when Vile essentially resurrects her.
- Ep. 42: The Plundered Ninja Power - Super Sentai counterpart in Ninja Sentai Kakuranger. See comparison page. (Zord battle)
- Ep. 43: The Last Day of the Sanshinshou - Super Sentai counterpart in Ninja Sentai Kakuranger. See comparison page. (Zord battle)
- Ep. 44: The Wound-Filled Great Reversal - Super Sentai counterpart in Ninja Sentai Kakuranger. See comparison page. (Zord battle)