|This article is about a/an ranger in Battle Fever J.|
- "Battle Japan!"
- ―Battle Japan's roll call[src]
Masao Den (伝正夫 Den Masao) is Battle Japan (バトルジャパン Batoru Japan) of Battle Fever J. He is a former National Defense Ministry officer.
He is good at judo and karate. He is armed with a spear. He does a kung fu dance.
Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai
Led by his Liveman successor Red Falcon, he appeared as one of 24 previous Red Rangers in Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai together with fellow Red Rangers from his predecessors AkaRanger and Spade Ace to his successors from DenziRed to TimeRed.
Years later, Den fought alongside not only his own team, but every single Sentai ranger in existence, against the Empire of Zangyack when it attacked the Earth in the Great Legend War. After fighting against hundreds of Gormin and their Zgormin commanders. Kaijou noticed the fleet moving towards them, he gathered all the Rangers together and gave them the order to sacrifice their powers to wipe out the first invasion's armada. The Battle Japan powers are later utilized by Captain Marvelous via the Ranger Keys.
Farewell Space Pirates
After the Gokaigers defeated the second Zangyack invasion, Marvelous returned the Ranger Keys to the 34 Super Sentai, it is assumed Masao and his team have their powers back.
Super Hero Taisen
Masao, alongside his team, among the majority of the Super Sentai heroes, was caught up in the "Super Hero Taisen" incident which eventually resulted in the Super Sentai teams and Kamen Riders joining forces to defeat both Dai-Zangyack and Dai-Shocker. During the final battle, he is seen fighting the Dai-Shocker footsoldiers, the chaps and shocker combatman.
Zyuohger vs. Ninninger
Chou Super Hero Taisen
Stage Show appearances
In a stage show where the Battle Fever J are seen fighting Secret Society Egos, Kamen Rider Stronger, Kamen Rider V3, Japanese Spider-Man, Ultraman Joneus and Doreamon arrive to assist the Battle Fever J.
In a stage show where the Denziman are seen fighting Vader Clan, Battle Japan, Battle Kenya, Kamen Rider Super-1, Kamen Rider Stronger, Kamen Rider V3, Japanese Spider-Man, and Ultraman Joneus arrive to assist the Denziman.
Video game appearances
- Masao Den/Battle Japan: A leader who possesses a genius-like intellect. A spear specialist. He fights using a Kung-Fu dance that is made up of karate and kung-fu.
Super Sentai Battle Base
Battle Japan is among the vast pantheon of Rangers which are available in the mobile game Super Sentai Battle Base.
Super Sentai Legend Wars
Battle Japan appears with his team among all Sentai in the mobile game Super Sentai Legend Wars.
- to be added
- Battle Shark (shared with Cossack, France, Kenya, and America)
- Battle Fever Robo (shared with Cossack, France, Kenya, and America)
Battle Japan wears a white suit with a red stripe that runs along the side around his arms and legs. His gloves and boots are both red in color accentuated with a white scarf. He wears a red belt with a metal buckle and the letter "J" on it, which stands for "Japan". A shield on his chest possesses the "Hinomaru", a red circle which represents the sun on the Japanese flag; this also represents the number "1" in representing the team. His mask is red completely covering most of his face with sculpted hair outside two "eyes" which are similar in form to the masks of Gorenger and Battle Fever. Beneath the red mask is a semi-circle in gray with a sculpted nose and mouth.
Legend Sentai Devices
The Battle Japan Ranger Key (バトルジャパンレンジャーキー Batoru Japan Renjā Kī) is Masao Den's personal Ranger Key and what became of his powers after he along with the rest of the 34 Super Sentai sacrificed their powers to end the Great Legend War.
This key along with the majority of the Ranger Keys were collected by the Red Pirates and later used by the Gokaigers. The Battle Japan Ranger Key was mainly used by Captain Marvelous (Gokai Red), who used it to fight as Battle Japan. It was also used by Gai Ikari on one occasion.
- When the Gokaigers became Battle Fever to use the Penta Force cannon to defeat the Combined Combatant.
- When the Gokaigers became Battle Fever to fight against the Ugatz in Gunman World. They finally finished off a group of Ugatz with the Penta Force boomerang.
- Gai uses this key alongside all other Red keys after being merged with Captain Marvelous by Insarn.
- When the Gokaigers became Battle Fever in their fight against Action Commander Bibaboo.
- While fighting against Kamen Rider Decade who had transformed into Kamen Rider Hibiki.
The Battle Fever keys, along with all the Ranger Keys of the first 33 Super Sentai, were briefly taken by the Black Cross King and turned into Ranger puppets that were fought by the Gokaigers and the Goseigers. The Battle Fever keys were defeated by Gokai Pink.
After Zangyack were finally defeated, the Gokaigers gave the Ranger Keys back to their rightful owners. Masao received his key and became Battle Japan once more.
The Super Sentai Zyudenchi (スーパー戦隊獣電池 Sūpā Sentai, Super Squadron Beast Batteries), alternatively named Legend Sentai Zyudenchi (レジェンド戦隊獣電池 Rejendo Sentai Jūdenchi, Legend Squadron Beast Batteries) in the toyline, are a special line of Zyudenchi that contain the likeness of the Sentai teams before Kyoryuger (represented by the main Reds). These Zyudenchi are in the same fashion as the "Legend Rider" lines of Collectible Devices in the Kamen Rider Series.
The Legend Sentai Ressha (レジェンド戦隊レッシャー Rejendo Sentai Ressha) are Ressha based on the mecha, specifically those belonging to the Red heroes, of the ToQgers' predeceeding Super Sentai teams. They can form a unique combination of ToQ-Oh reminiscent of past Sentai Robos by switching with Red Ressha. The ToQ Changer toy is shown to have sounds for Legend Ressha of all 37 previous Sentai.
The Battle Fever Ressha (バトルフィーバーレッシャー Batoru Fībā Ressha) appears as a toyline-exclusive SG Ressha.
As the third Red, Battle Japan's Red Warrior Spirit was embodied by AkaRed.
Behind the scenes
- Battle Japan represents Battle Fever J for the Battle Fever J Zyudenchi that was released as part of the Legend Sentai Zyudenchi line of Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger.
- Until Kakuranger, Masao was technically the first Super Sentai Red, as the first two Super Sentai series, Gorenger and JAKQ, were not officially part of the Super Sentai series until Toei included them when Ohranger was announced. Akarenger of Gorenger is now the first Red.