|This article is about a/an villain in Power Rangers Zeo, the second installment in the Zordon Era.|
- "Archerina, my sweet! Forgive me!! I am unworthy of your love!"
- ―Louie Kaboom's final words
Louie Kaboom was sent by Rita and Lord Zedd in an attempt to take control of the Machine Empire after King Mondo was destroyed by the Zeo Rangers. However, Goldar and Rito lost the remote control they were using to control Louie and he went rogue. Lex Lang provided the voice for Louie, using a thick New York accent.
When the Zeo Rangers destroyed King Mondo, Rita and Zedd jumped on the chance to get rid of the Machine Empire. They created Louie Kaboom, a mechanical rocket monster, to infiltrate the Royal House of Gadgetry when it was at its most vulnerable. Goldar and Rito were sent to launch Louie from Earth (allegedly to prevent Queen Machina from discovering them on the moon), only for Rito to lose the remote.
Upon his arrival at the Machine Empire's palace, Louie took a liking to Machina, despite her rebukes. Taking advice from Klank, Louie decided to destroy the rangers to impress her. At this point, she let him remain on the moon under the pretense that he would dispose of them, in spite of his obnoxious personality. The rangers found Louie's remote and tried to shut him down, but he had himself rewired so it no longer affected him. Rita and Zedd would also try to reclaim Louie a few times, but their plans were less than successful.
Though Machina often argued with Louie, it was often playful and she allowed him to remain at the palace. Even Sprocket seemed to be on decent terms with him despite Louie's efforts to woo his mother. Louie spent a short amount of time trying to defeat the rangers and even made some of his own monsters, but met with failure each time.
Quickly growing tired of Sprocket and Machina, who would not become his queen, Louie somehow wrested control of the Machine Empire away from the two, declaring himself the new emperor.
When Prince Gasket and Archerina arrived on the moon, they set out to dispose of Louie. Archerina took control of him with one of her love arrows. She had him attack Angel Grove and battle the Zeo Rangers. After a long and difficult battle for the rangers, Louie Kaboom was finally destroyed by the Super Zeo Ultrazord.
to be added
Powers and Abilities
- to be added
Behind the Scenes
- Louie is voiced by Lex Lang.
- Despite usurping Mondo's throne, Louie never bothers mentioning the former king, nor does he ever seem to be aware that he is being rebuilt.
- He is one of the few major villains to be permanently destroyed by Zordon-Era Power Rangers
- Louie appears as the penultimate boss of the sidescroller Power Rangers Zeo vs The Machine Empire for the PC, he is depicted as one of Mondo's generals, probably due to his Sentai Counterpart Bomber the Great being the general of Mondo's Sentai Counterpart. The canonicity of the game is unclear.