|This article is about a/an episode in Juken Sentai Gekiranger.|
|WARNING: This episode contains scenes of nudity. Viewer discretion is advised!|
Twelfth Lesson - Zowan-Zowan! Confrontation Beast-Fist, Training Starts (修行その１２ ゾワンゾワン！臨獣拳、修行開始, Shugyō Sono Jūni: Zowan-Zowan! Rinjūken, Shugyō Kaishi) is the twelfth episode of Juken Sentai Gekiranger. It focuses on Rio's training with Sky Fist Demon Kata and gives further background of the past of RinJyuKen's leader.
Rio undertakes training with Kenma Kata by reliving his greatest moment of despair, while the Gekiranger go to a bathhouse to deal with a slippery Beast-Man.
While wandering through the city, Jan finds Natsume at a bathhouse looking at the carp windsocks. When the bathhouse's owner Gen-san confronts Jan when he is trying to take down one of the windsocks, Natsume is accidentally sent flying towards the street as a result of Rin Jū Eel-Ken user Nagiu's Ringi. The Gekirangers try to fight, but he is too slippery to be hit by their attacks. Xia Fu sends the trio to train at the bathhouse, where they re-encounter Elehung and Gen-san who is revealed to be a master of "towel-style." Jan learns how to use the "towel-style" and in the next fight with Nagiu, Jan uses one of the carp windsocks to dry the Beast-Man of the slippery mucus, followed by the Geki Bazooka. Nagiu soon grows to his giant size, and the Gekirangers fight first as Geki Tohja and then Geki ElephanTohja. Nagiu is ultimately defeated by the Great Firm-Firm Ball of Geki ElephanTohja.
Elsewhere, Rio was trying to learn how to attain ultimate power from Kata in a battle to the death, and in the process is blasted by the Hawk-Ken master's Darkness Cannon and is placed within the event of his past that started his path in becoming a Rin Jūken user. Rio was able to absorb his own despair and breaks Kata's illusion, sparing Kata for enabling him to become stronger. By being beaten, Kata accepted Rio as a pupil to learn the full power of Rin Jūken Akugata.
- Jan Kandou (漢堂 ジャン Kandō Jan): Hiroki Suzuki (鈴木 裕樹 Suzuki Hiroki)
- Ran Uzaki (宇崎 ラン Uzaki Ran): Mina Fukui (福井 未菜 Fukui Mina)
- Retsu Fukami (深見 レツ Fukami Retsu): Manpei Takagi (高木 万平 Takagi Manpei)
- Master Sha-Fu (マスター・シャーフー Masutā Shā Fū, Voice): Ichirō Nagai (永井 一郎 Nagai Ichirō)
- Miki Masaki (真咲 美希 Masaki Miki): Kazue Itoh (伊藤 かずえ Itō Kazue)
- Natsume Masaki (真咲なつめ Masaki Natsume): Sakina Kuwae (桑江 咲菜 Kuwae Sakina)
- Elehung Kam Po (エレハン・キンポー Erehan Kinpō, Voice): Yū Mizushima (水島 裕 Mizushima Yū)
- Rio (理央 Rio): Hirofumi Araki (荒木 宏文 Araki Hirofumi)
- Mele (メレ Mere): Yuka Hirata (平田 裕香 Hirata Yuka)
- Sky Fist Demon Kata (空の拳魔カタ Sora no Kenma Kata, Voice): Rokurō Naya (納谷 六朗 Naya Rokurō)
- Nagiu (ナギウ Nagiu, Voice): Keiichi Nanba (難波圭一 Nanba Keiichi)
- Gen-san: Yoshinori Okamoto (岡本美登 Okamoto Yoshinori)
- Rio (Child): Shogo Ehara (江原 省吾 Ehara Shōgo)
- As part of Super Hero Time, this episode aired alongside Kamen Rider Den-O episode 15, Bath Jack Panic
- Pre-Credits: GekiElephanTohja
- While the flashback to Rio's past has been seen multiple times up to this point, this is the first he mentions that the incident was done by the ultimate darkness; more will be revealed about what this is later in the season.
- This is the first episode a GekiTohja fight is not narrated by Bae, instead being done by Master Elehung.
- Gen-san, the owner of the bathhouse, was portrayed by notable Sentai actor/suit actor Yoshinori Okamoto.
Juken Sentai Gekiranger Volume 3 features episodes 9-12: Lesson 9: The Kena-Kena Woman, Lesson 10: Jara-Jara Attack! The First Errand, Lesson 11: Ukya-Ukya! Beast-Fist Armament, and Lesson 12: Zowan-Zowan! Confrontation Beast-Fist, Training Starts.