|This article is about a actor in multiple series in the Power Rangers franchise.|
|Jason David Frank|
|Born||September 4, 1973|
|Born in||Covina, California, United States|
|Role(s)||Tommy Oliver, Tom Oliver, White Stranger and Green Mutant Ranger (voice)|
Jason David Frank (September 4, 1973) is an American actor and martial artist most noted and famous for playing Tommy Oliver in Power Rangers from 1993-1997, and again in 2004, totaling 242 episode appearances. He also plays the feature film incarnation of the same character in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie. He was born in Covina, California, and lives in Atascocita, Texas.
Frank is a 6th Degree Black Belt as of 2004 with more than a total of 25 years experience in the martial arts. He is an internationally recognized and award winning instructor who was a nationally rated competitor from 1988 to 1990. In 1990, he won the prestigious Grand Champion title at the Las Vegas Winter Nationals, and in 1994, he was inducted into The Black Belt Hall of Fame by the American Karate and Kung Fu Federation.
Most recently, on June 28, 2003, bearing the title of Kyoshi, he was inducted into the World Karate Union Hall of Fame as Master of the Year "American Karate."
With his knowledge of many different styles of martial arts, Jason David Frank collected the most practical applications, modified them with his own philosophies and created his own blend of American karate, "Toso Kune Do".
Kyoshi Frank is the President and CEO of the R.S.K.A. Frank has also opened his own dojo, known as Rising Sun Karate, where he teaches his own Karate and kickboxing while his wife, Tammie, teaches karate to adult women.
His nickname in kickboxing is "Fearless Frank."
Jason David Frank has recently showed interest in Mixed Martial Arts. Frank was scheduled to fight against Ron 'The Badger' McMasters on June 23, 2007 at the Williamson County Pavilion in Marion. The fight never took place, however, as the rules were changed to an exhibition boxing match. Frank opted out due to his belief that the fight would be commissioned under MMA rules instead of strictly fists.
A day after Phil Brooks announced his UFC arrival, and Dana White reasoned that he would need a debut opponent with a similar record, Frank offered his services through Instagram and Facebook. Frank has a 4-0 amateur record and 1-0 pro record.
All 5 of the wins in his undefeated streak during 2010 within the United states occurred during the first round. They are as follows:
- Jonathan Mack on January 30 at Lonestar Beatdown: Houston (in Texas) via omaplata submission
- Chris Rose on February 19 at Lonestar Beatdown: Dallas (in Texas) via TKO from strikes
- James Willis on May 8 at Texas Rage In The Cage: Cage Rage 7 (in McAllen) via rising knee KO
- Carlos Horn on May 22 at UWC 8: Judgement Day (in Fairfax, Virginia) via armbar submission
- Jose Vasquez on August 4 at Texas Cage Fighting - Puro Combate 1 (in Houston) via rear naked choke submission
The first two 'Lonestar Beatdown' events were hosted by the United States Amateur Combat Association.
|Fall Guy||2006||John Stewart|
|Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie||1997||Tommy Oliver - Red Turbo Ranger|
|Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie||1995||Tommy Oliver - White Power Ranger/Ninja Ranger|
|Power Rangers Super Megaforce||2014||Tommy Oliver/Green Ranger, White Ranger|
|Heroes of Cosplay||2013 Reality TV series||Himself (1 episode)|
|Ultimate Goals||2005 TV Series||Himself|
|Power Rangers: Dino Thunder||2004 TV Series||Dr. Tommy Oliver/Black Dino Ranger|
|Fighting Spirit||2004||voice of MMPR Green Ranger/White Ranger/Zeo Ranger 5|
|Power Rangers: Wild Force||2002 TV Series||Tommy Oliver/Zeo Ranger 5|
|The Residents of Washington Heights (unaired)||2002 TV Series||Dr. Blaine Peterson|
|MTV's Undressed||1999 TV Series||Carl (2000: Season 3)|
|Magic Parker (unaired)||Karate Sensei|
|Power Rangers: Turbo||1997 TV Series||Tommy Oliver/Red Turbo Ranger I|
|Sweet Valley High|
|A Star Is Torn||1996||A.J.|
|Shakes, Fries & Videotape||1996||A.J.|
|Rock Around the Block||1996||A.J.|
|Power Rangers: Zeo||1996 TV Series||Tommy Oliver/Zeo Ranger 5|
|It Came from Angel Grove||1996||Tomacula|
|Mighty Morphin Power Rangers season 3||1996/1997||Tommy Oliver/White Ranger Tom Oliver/Clone Green Ranger White Stranger/ Wild West White Ranger.|
|Mighty Morphin Power Rangers season 2||1994/1995||Tommy Oliver/Green Ranger/White Ranger|
|Cybertron (unaired)||1994||Adam Steele|
|Mighty Morphin Power Rangers season 1||1993/1994||Tommy Oliver/Green Ranger|
- The Lost Episode (1999)
- Masked Rider
- Super Gold (1996 VHS Release only)
- Lord Zedd's Monster Heads: The Greatest Villains of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (1995)
- The Good, the Bad, and the Stupid: The Misadventures of Bulk and Skull (1995)
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Sega CD) (1995)
- Appeared in the most Power Rangers episodes: 257 character appearances and 242 actual appearances.
- Due to this, he appears in the most seasons, with a total of eight: All three Mighty Morphin, Zeo, Turbo, Wild Force, Dino Thunder, and finally, Super Megaforce.
- He enjoys parachuting and skydiving.
- In fact, he holds the Guinness World Record for "Most Pine Boards Broke While in Free Fall" by breaking seven pine boards while skydiving on January 17th, 2013.
- He is one of two Power Rangers actors whose Older Brothers guest starred in a series as the Brother of his Character, the other being Pua Magasiva who plays Shane in Ninja Storm. Ironically, both actors would meet in the DIno Thunder and Ninja Storm Teamup Two-Part episode Thunder Storm
- His older brother Eric Frank died in 2001 at age 29, who had appeared in Power Rangers Zeo as Tommy's brother, David Trueheart. Due to this, he was absent at former co-star Thuy Trang's funeral in 2001, but nonetheless sent his condolences to Thuy's family and friends. All of the other Rangers' actors attended the funeral, and Amy Jo Johnson spoke.
- Is the longest appearing Power Ranger actor, with Amy Jo the longest actress.
- Fan of new metal and gangsta rap music, his favorites including KoRn and the late Tupac Shakur.
- Has residences in both Los Angeles and Houston.
- Married twice: Shawna (1994-2001) Tammie (2002-present)
- 4 kids: Jacob (1993), Hunter (1995), Skye (1998) (all 3 from former wife Shawna), and Jenna Rae (2005) (from wife Tammie).
- He is one of six Forever Red guest stars to reprise his role after that episode, the other two being Paul Schrier, Jason Narvy, Selwyn Ward, Danny Slavin, and Jason Faunt.
- His character has met the most number of Power Rangers from MMPR to SPD, albeit only without unmorphing in SPD. This includes 16 different teammates. First, he teamed with the the original five from the first season, and a combined seven until Turbo: Adam, Rocky, Aisha, Kat, Tanya, Trey of Triforia and Justin Stewart. He later recruits three Dino Thunder Rangers, and also works with the fourth Dino Thunder Ranger. He also meets the Alien Rangers, his Turbo successors, all of the other Red Rangers he had not already known until Time Force, and then six Ninja Storm Rangers and seven SPD Rangers, making it a total of 28 rangers.
- Jason David Frank is often compared to Sentai actor, Hiroshi Miyauchi. In addition to both actors being considered legends among the fandom, they also have the following in common:
- Both were a part of the original teams of their respective franchises.
- Both became White Rangers after their initial appearances (Jason David Frank being the Green Ranger and Hiroshi Miyauchi being Aoranger) and became the leaders of their respective teams.
- Both have also appeared as Tokusatsu heroes outside of Power Rangers and Super Sentai, with Jason David Frank appearing as Adam Steele in the Cybertron pilot (along with Richard Rabago playing Tao) and Hiroshi Miyauchi appearing as Kamen Rider V3 and Zubat.
- Both returned in a mentor role. Jason David Frank returned as Tommy in Power Rangers Dino Thunder and Hiroshi Miyauchi in Choriki Sentai Ohranger, in which Tommy was the Red Ranger in it's American counterpart, Power Rangers Zeo.
- The role of Len in Kamen Rider Dragon Knight almost went to JDF, but instead went to Matt Mullens, due to the fact the producers didn't want viewers to think Kamen Rider and Power Rangers coexisted in the same world.
- He was a contestant on The Price Is Right in 1992 and won a car.
- Rising Sun Karate Academy
- Article on new school in the Summerwood suburb of Houston, Texas
- Fall Guy Movie Page
- WASKO - World all styles Kickboxing organization (WASKO)
- (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0290969/ Jason David Frank at imdb.com)
- (http://www.tv.com/jason-david-frank/person/23451/summary.html Jason David Frank at tv.com)