|This article is about a/an ranger in Power Rangers Megaforce and Power Rangers Super Megaforce.|
- "Venom of the Snake! Megaforce Black!"
- "Rock Power! Ultra Megaforce Black!"
- "Super Megaforce Green!"
Jake has a crush on Gia Moran. One day after school, Jake went to Ernie's Brainfreeze to order 2 ice creams for Gia and himself. At the same time, Jake, along with four other teenagers, were chosen by Gosei to defend Earth from the Warstar Aliens.
One day after school, Jake decided to flirt with Gia. While flirting, they discovered that there are alien ships (who is actually Yuffo sent by Admiral Malkor and Vrak) capturing other humans. Then Jake and Gia followed those ships. Seeing the humans captured, Jake and Gia called the other Rangers to help free the humans that were captured by Yuffo. After the battle, Jake complimented Gia about how they fought as a team.
With Harwood City being attacked, Jake and Gia return to the command center. Gosei presents them the Super Megaforce powers. Jake notices he is now Green. Gosei prepares to give him an explanation, but the Rangers must leave to fight.
Jake gets jealous when Orion joins the team. But he has to put it aside when they are both the only ones left standing. Jake must help Orion unlock his "hidden" Gold Mode.
Levira gets a lab malfunction and is effected with Love Potion. She then sets her sights on Jake.
Jake and Noah find themselves literally standing in each other’s shoes when a body-swapping monster named Tranceferer switches the two Rangers so that they are inhabiting each other’s body.
When the Mega Rangers were confronted by a top Armada general, Damaras, Troy was captured while Noah, Gia, Emma, and Orion were injured by Damaras' assault, leaving Jake the last Ranger standing. As the only one able to fight, Jake went to rescue Troy, who was due to be executed under the orders of the newly arrived Emperor Mavro. Facing Damaras, Jake was able to distract the Armada's forces as Tensou set Troy free. With the other Mega Rangers having recovered and united with Jake and Troy, Damaras was soon defeated by the team.
Jake Holling is outgoing, optimistic, fun-loving, proud, and fearless when it comes to both the battlefield and social situations. He loves being the Black Ranger and saving the world with the help of his Snake Zord, but sometimes he wishes he could make his superhero identity public. His one weak spot is his huge crush on the Yellow Ranger, but he's determined to make her fall for him one day.
Don't dismiss Jake Holling as just another class clown. He has a serious talent for bringing people together with a laugh, and he always has an eye on the bright side. He also is a great soccer player. 
As Megaforce Black, he has a Snake motif. He pilots the Snake Zord. Black Ranger's main weapon is an axe called the Snake Axe. He uses cards with his Gosei Morpher.
Appearances: M Episodes 1-21, SM Episodes 1-7, 9-13, 15-20, LBEV
Ultra Mode is the Mega Rangers' power up.
Appearances: M Episodes 12-17, 19, 20, SM Episodes 16, 17
In Super Megaforce, Jake and the other Mega Rangers will gain the Super Mega Mode which allows them to morph into the past rangers that have preceded them. Jake's super mode suit is the only one to not be his original color, Black.
Appearances: SM Episodes 1-15, 18-20, LBEV
Appearances: SM Episodes 5, 10
- "Legendary Strike"
Appearances: SM Episodes 2, 10
This form is exclusive to The Legendary Battle: Extended Edition
- Blitz Blaster
- "Griffin Magma Galaxy"
Appearances: SM Episodes 19, LBEV
The Megaforce Black Ranger Key is one of Jake's personal Ranger Keys. This key along with the majority of the Core Ranger Keys are seen lining the Command Center's interior walls. This key is mainly used by Jake Holling (Super Megaforce Green). Although it hasn’t been seen being used, it has been seen in the toyline.
The Super Megaforce Green Ranger Key is one of Jake's personal Ranger Keys which allows him to morph into Super Megaforce Green. As with the other Super Megaforce Ranger Keys, this key is commonly used in the Super Mega Rangers' Ranger Key-compatible arsenal and zords for different functions and attacks.
Behind the scenes
Jake Holling was portrayed by Azim Rizk.
When morphed, Jake was respectively portrayed by suit actors Yoshifumi Oshikawa (押川 善文 Oshikawa Yoshifumi) (Megaforce Black; later served as Super Megaforce Blue), in footage from Goseiger, and Yasuhiro Takeuchi (竹内 康博 Takeuchi Yasuhiro) (Super Megaforce Green; previously served as Megaforce Red), in footage from Gokaiger.
- Early scripts listed his name as "Baron", just like Kevin.
- Jake is the first snake-themed Power Ranger.
- Similar to Zack Taylor, Jake is also characterized as being outgoing and flirtatious, along with wielding an axe. He also seems to have a similar style of dance.
- Jake is similar to his Sentai counterpart Agri in that they are both proud and fearless in combat.
- Not counting transformations into past rangers, Jake is the only Megaforce Ranger to be designated with more than one color.
- He is the second Ranger, after Adam Park, to start out as a Black Ranger and then become a Green Ranger in the next season.
- He shares the same element with Gia Moran, Earth.
- Like Carlos Vallerte and Conner McKnight, he is a soccer player.
- His animal spirit is the Snake
- Jake is the only ranger in the main five to have met all of the legendary rangers that have appeared so far (Jayden and Casey).
- His personality is very similar to T.J. Johnson.
- Jake shares a few things in common with 5 of the other Super Mega Rangers in terms of counterparts:
- He is one of four Super Mega Rangers to have a counterpart from all past Power Ranger teams, the only ones missing any counterparts are Orion and Emma.
- He is one of two Super Mega Rangers to have all of their counterparts share the same gender as them, the other being Troy.
- He and Emma share the same amount of different colored counterparts (2).
- He and Orion share the same amount of Red Ranger counterparts (1).
- Ironically, even though Jake serves as an enthusiastic comic relief character, some of his counterparts (Black Aquitar Ranger, Zeo Ranger IV Green, Black Wild Force Ranger, Crimson Thunder Ranger, Black Dino Ranger, Black Overdrive Ranger and his successors Dino Charge Green Ranger and Ninja Steel White) were the "tough and serious guys" of their groups.
- 3 of Jake’s counterparts (Crimson Thunder Ranger, Jungle Fury Wolf Ranger and Ninja Steel White) are neither Green nor Black Rangers. Coincidentally, both of these Rangers come from post-anniversary Ranger teams.
- 3 Green Rangers (Green Mighty Morphin Ranger, Green Samurai Ranger, and Green Chameleon Warrior) and 4 Black Rangers (Magna Defender, Black Lion Warrior, Ranger Operator Series Black, and Dino Charge Black Ranger) are not Jake’s counterparts.
- Jake is the only male Super Mega Ranger to have any Additional Ranger counterparts, as all of Troy and Noah’s counterparts are part of their respective teams' primary groups and all of Orion’s counterparts are Sixth Rangers. Out of all the Super Mega Rangers, he has the most Additional Ranger counterparts (Crimson Thunder Ranger, Black Dino Ranger, Jungle Fury Wolf Ranger, and Ranger Green).
- Of all of his forms, SPD Green is Jake's most used Green Ranger with 4, including his SWAT Mode. His most used Black Ranger is Mighty Morphin Black with 2. Green Turbo Ranger and Prism Green are his least used Green Ranger forms while Black Alien Ranger, Black Space Ranger, Black Dino Ranger, and Blitz Black are his least used Black Ranger forms at 1 each. However, Jake has never transformed into the Green Lightspeed Ranger, Time Force Green or the Black Overdrive Ranger.
- Agri - Super Sentai counterpart in Goseiger. See comparison page.
- Don Dogoier - Super Sentai counterpart in Gokaiger. See comparison page.
Zack • Adam • Corcus • Carlos • Danny • Tommy • Will • Dillon • Jake • Chase
Adam (alternate continuity) • Zack (2016 comic) • Zack (alternate continuity) • Vesper • Jamie
|View • Talk • Edit|
Tommy • Adam • Carlos • Damon • Joel • Trip • Cam • Bridge • Xander • Ziggy • Mike • Jake • Riley
Tommy (2016 comic)
|View • Talk • Edit|