|This article is about a/an Villian in Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers.|
Hydro Hog, who appeared in Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers, is the nemesis of the Aquitian Rangers. He was known as the Emperor of the Dark Waters on Aquitar for his evil ways. He was known for having destroyed many planets.
The Hydro Hog was summoned by Lord Zedd to aid him in destroying the Alien Rangers, since Hydro Hog had the power to evaporate all water on earth. This made him the most dangerous opponent to the Alien Rangers, as water is their primary source of power.
The Hydro Hog was too powerful for the Aquitian Rangers to destroy, and he was the only villain capable of withstanding the Shogun Megazord's Fire Saber. However, he was eventually defeated by the Shogun Megafalconzord. He was the first archvillain to be destroyed in battle, with the second, and more well-known, being King Mondo.
As with most other villains, he showed complete disdain for anyone attempting to do good. His hate for the Alien Rangers was evident when Lord Zedd called upon him to drain all of Angel Grove's water so the Aquitians could not rehydrate. Showing glee as he put others in danger and mocking the Rangers as they tried to stop him.
Modus and Arsenal
- Dehydration/evaporation powers
- Can dehydrate foes
- Can fire flame bursts from mouth
- to be added
Behind the Scenes
- Hydro Hog is based on the Japanese Legendary creature, the Umibōzu.
- In Ninja Sentai Kakuranger, Hydro Hog's counterpart is a minor monster of the day character as opposed to being a main villain. This makes him the first monster in Super Sentai to appear as a main villain in Power Rangers.
- If Hydro Hog is indeed seen as a main villain, he is the shortest lasting villain of the whole franchise, appearing for and being destroyed after only three episodes.