|This article is about a/an movie in Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger.|
|Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai|
|A movie for Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger|
|Release date 2001|
|Order in Continuity|
The Soul Bird Cries
The Ogre Howls!!
Mirai Sentai Timeranger vs. GoGo-V
Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger: The Fire Mountain Roars
Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai is the 25th anniversary movie of the Super Sentai franchise. It is the first vs. movie, followed by Boukenger vs. Super Sentai, in which the current team do not team up with the previous team, rather a veteran team composed of Rangers from various Sentai.
The Gaorangers start off by fighting the Demon Tribe Org until a great monster named Rakushasa has awaken from his hibernation. He is nothing like what the Gaorangers have ever fought before, as he's stronger and deadly than the other monsters they have fought before. Upon retreating the Gaorangers seem to have lost hope when they encountered a mysterious monk who tells them about the Sentai Rangers that have fought before they became Sentai Rangers. They were baffled about there being other rangers besides them. Right until their G-Phones started to move on their own each of their G-Phones lead them to the whereabouts of an different ex-sentai ranger of a different team. Each of these rangers teach them what it takes to be a Sentai Ranger. Will these ex-rangers be able to help the Gaorangers defeat Rakushasa? And who is the mysterious monk who knows all about the Sentai Rangers of the past?
|Big One||Soukichi Banba|
|Red Falcon||Yuusuke Amamiya|
|Spade Ace||Gorou Sakurai|
|Battle Japan||Masao Den|
|Red One||Shirou Gou|
|Change Dragon||Hiryuu Tsurugi|
|Red Turbo||Riki Honoo|
|Red Hawk||Ryuu Tendou|
|RyuuRanger||Ryo of the Heaven Fire Star|
|Red Racer||Kyosuke Jinnai|
Demon Tribe Org
Allies that appeared in the Clips
Rangers that appeared in the Clips
Villians that appeared in the Clips
- Black Cross Führer
- Fire Mountain Mask General Magman
- Queen Hedrian
- Führer Hell Saturn
- Farrah Cat
- Dr. Lehda
- Great Professor Bias
- Dr. Kemp
- Galactic Empress Meadow
- Emperor Tranza
- Emperor Bacchus Wrath
- Empress Hysteria
- Prince Buldont
Monsters that appeared in the Clips
- Sky Ace
- Battle Shark
- Denji Fighter / Daidenjin
- Jaguar Vulcan
- Star Condor
- Turbo Ranger
- Jet Icarus
- Muteki Shogun
- Super Stealth Beast God Saruder
- Ohranger Robo
- RV Robo
- Galaxy Mega
- Delta Mega
- Silver Armor King Gingaioh
- Victory Robo
- TimeRobo Alpha
- Soul Bird
Continuity and Placement
to be added
- This was the first crossover movie to include the largest number of gathered rangers from various Super Sentai series, until the Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle movie broke it's record.
- Includes clips from every single Super Sentai series from Goranger to Gaoranger.
- Hiroshi Miyauchi was the oldest Sentai actor to reprise his role as Soukichi Banba (Big One).
- The 30th anniversary movie, GoGo Sentai Boukenger vs. Super Sentai, also featured the current team teaming up with a veteran team rather than the previous team. The 35th series, Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger, in which the anniversary was celebrated in the series itself, differed from this. The 35th anniversary movie was not a vs. movie, their vs. movie having been a crossover with Metal Heroes. The 35th anniversary movie, Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle, had the Gokaigers teaming up with the previous team and various past senshi returning.
- Due to the absence of Tsukumaro Oogami (GaoSilver), there is little to no focus on Sixth Rangers and Bangai Heroes.
- This is the second time Gouki has teamed-up with the following Rangers:
- Strangely, in the movie poster, MegaPink appears to be purple.
- In the Red roll call, archive clips from Gorenger to Timeranger of the Reds announcing themselves were used. However with the archive footage used, music from certain roll calls could be heard alongside the fanfare music (originally from Gingaman) in the cases of Gorou Sakurai, Jin, Takeru (Maskman), Ryu Tendoh, Ryo of the Heavenly Fire Star, Gorou Hoshino, and Kyousuke Jinnai. Further, because Turboranger did not have the heroes introduce themselves individually, Riki/Red Turbo got a special new introduction for himself during the rollcall as well as they were the only characters to get new footage during the introduction of all Red Warriors as did Yuusuke Amayiya.
- Even though there was no episode of Power Rangers Wild Force that use actual footage from this film, the episode "Forever Red" did have a similar concept of past rangers coming back and all red rangers being together.
- Although a number of Sentai heroes appeared untransformed in the clips, most were the female Sentai heroes during a montage of "shichi-henge" transformation. The only males to appear untransformed were Gouki's teammates (Ryouma, Hayate and Hikaru) during a flashback he has.
- Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai was the eighth of fourteen crossover movies shown during the Super Sentai Versus Series Theater, a special event on TV Asahi during the run of Tensou Sentai Goseiger. As with the others, this movie was aired in half-hour parts (three rather than the regular two due to its longer runtime) an hour before the week's episode of Goseiger, there was also commentary at the beginning and end by the Goseigers about the teams and the storylines within the movie.