|This article is about a/an mecha in Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger.|
|Guardian Beast Dragon Caesar|
|Sentai:||Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger|
|Number of Episode|
Full list of appearances
"Appear! Guardian Beast, Dragon Caesar!"
Guardian Beast Dragon Caesar (守護獣 ドラゴンシーザー Shugojū Doragon Shīzā?), or "Caesar" for short, is the sixth guardian beast and the mecha of Dragonranger Burai. Ceasar was originally part of Ultimate Daizyujin who was split into three lesser aspects during the original battle with Dai Satan (the other two being Daizyujin and King Brachion). He comes at the sound of the Zyusouken's summoning melody, rising up from Tokyo Bay, and his superb combat ability matches that of Tyrannosaurus which allows him to hold his own against even Grifforzer and Lamia-Scorpion. He has a strong drill on the tip of his tail, and his Dragon Hurley, a blast of missiles launched from his fingertips, is powerful enough to smash giant Dora Monsters. Dragon Caesar can be seen emitting a pentagon-shaped force field from the lights on his chest in the design sketches, but it never did so in the series.
When first summoned, Dragon Caesar was used by Burai to attack the city but was defeated by Guardian Beast Tyrannozaurus. Afterwards, the guardian beasts combined under Daizyujin's control who then proceeded to assault Ceasar as punishment, much to the shock of the Zyurangers. After Burai finally released the resentment he felt towards his brother Geki, he and Dragon Ceasar became the Zyurangers' strongest allies and Caesar was soon able to unite with his other aspects to become Zyutei and Ultimate Daizyujin.
Because Dragon Caesar's controlled by the Zyusouken, DragonRanger hardly ever went into its cockpit, but during his final hour, Burai went into Caesar's cockpit for his very last fight. After Burai's death, Dragon Caesar became confused and very depressed which allowed Bandora to bind him with a weakening spell. Nevertheless, he came to realize that despite Burai being gone, the other Zyurangers still needed his help and accepted Geki as his new master just in time to aid the Zyurangers against Dora Anteus. Forms Gouryuujin's torso, head, and Dragon Antler as well as Zyutei Daizyujin's shoulder armor. Parts of him also become King Brachion's chest and tail in the Ultimate Daizyujin formation.
|Combined From:|| |
See also: Dragonzord in Battle Mode
"Fusion, Dragon Mission! Gouryuujin!"
Gouryuujin (剛竜神 Gōryūjin?, Mighty Dragon God) is an alternate incarnation of Daizyujin, formed by combining Guardian Beasts Dragon Caesar, ZyuMammoth, Triceratops and SaberTiger. Gouryuujin is somewhat larger and stronger than Daizyujin, but also slower and less agile, with an appearance similar to a Dragoon. First introduced in episode 22 but doesn't actually fight until episode 23, Gouryuujin is able to launch the fin on its head as an energized projectile and is armed with the Dragon Antler staff formed from Dragon Ceasar's tail and chestplate. Able to be used as a spear or shield, the Dragon Antler is able to generate wind currents through its drill tip and can also finish off giant Dora Monsters with its Concussive Dragonstrike where Gouryuujin uses it to bore a hole right through his opponent.
It is unkown if Gouryuujin has a mind of his/it's own like his counterpart DaiZyuJin.
|Combined From:|| |
See also: Mega Dragonzord
"Zyutei Fusion! Zyutei Daizyujin!"
When Dragon Ceasar and Daizyujin combine together under the command Sovereign Fusion, they form Zyutei Daizyujin (獣帝大獣神 Jūtei Daijūjin?, Beast Emperor Great Beast God). First introduced in episode 31, Zyutei Daizyujin attacks his enemies with a blast of mighty beams from his chest and lateral shoulder armor called the Kaiser Burst and his finisher is the Empire Attack, a massive ball of energy emblazed with the Zyuranger symbol.
- Dragon Caesar and Daizyujin can combine with Beast Knight God King Brachion to form Ultimate Daizyujin.
Video Game appearances
Zyuranger video game
- Despite his name, Dragon Caesar's appearance is similar to that of Godzilla, with samurai-like armor. He even rises out of the sea in a similar fashion. Some fans have also noticed that Caesar's Dragon Hurley missile attack is similar to that of Mechagodzilla, one of Godzilla's best known enemies.
- Dragon Caesar's roar is actually a recording of an elephant's trumpeting.
- The cockpit of Gouryujin contains several oddities. The set of the cockpit is a modified version of the Daizyujin cockpit, minus the combined-dino emblem on the center door and the top portion/forehead area painted black. In one battle, it was piloted by only the MammothRanger, TricreaRanger and TigerRanger, perceivably having no seating for the Dragon Ranger despite Dragon Caesar being part of the combination. In every other instance, Gouryujin's cockpit had the same seating arrangement as Daizyujin; PteraRanger had a respective terminal, despite the Pteranadon Guardian Beast not being used in the combination, and TyrannoRanger sat a what was perceivably DragonRanger's terminal, displaying both DragonCeaser and DragonRanger, including a Green Dinocrystal despite not having access to Burai's Dragon Medal.
- Zyutei Daizyujin was infrequently used by himself due to the size of the costume and is usually only seen when it combined with King Tanker to form Ultimate Daizyujin.