|This article is about a/an ranger in J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai.|
- "Spade Ace!"
- ―Spade Ace's roll call[src]
In addition to being a champion in karate, archery and judo, he was also a skilled equestrian and all around top athlete. He originally turned down Joker's offer to join JAKQ, but later had a change of heart when he was saved by Karen Mizuki.
to be added
Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai
Led by his Liveman successor Red Falcon, he appeared as one of 24 previous Red Rangers in Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai together with fellow Red Rangers from his predecessor Akarenger to his successors from Battle Japan to TimeRed. He had no interactions with his former teammate Sokichi Banba, who also appeared, but as the leader of the Dream Sentai instead.
Years later, Sakurai fought alongside not only his own team, but every single Sentai ranger in existence, against the Empire of Zangyack when it attacked the Earth in the Great Legend War. After fighting against hundreds of Gormin and their Zgormin commanders. Akarenger noticed the fleet moving towards them, he gathered all the Rangers together and gave them the order to sacrifice their powers to wipe out the first invasion's armada. The Spade Ace powers are later used by Captain Marvelous via the Ranger Keys.
Farewell Space Pirates
After the Zangyack's final defeat, Marvelous returned the Ranger Keys to their original owners. It is assumed Sakurai and his teammates have their powers once again.
Super Hero Taisen
Goro, alongside his team, among the majority of the Super Sentai heroes, was caught up in the "Super Hero Taisen" incident which eventually resulted in the Super Sentai teams and Kamen Riders joining forces to defeat both Dai-Zangyack and Dai-Shocker. During the final battle, he is seen in the background fighting Furious Demon God Gai.
Sakurai is a born leader and uses his abilities to seek out the weak points of his enemies. He had a romantic involvement with Karen towards the end of the series.
Video Game appearances
- Goro Sakurai/Spade Ace: Goro Sakurai is a gold-medalist in the pentathlon, with a love of children that's unrivaled. He fights freely using nuclear energy with a leader-like existence for J.A.K.Q.
Super Sentai Battle Base
Spade Ace is among the vast pantheon of Rangers which are available in the mobile game Super Sentai Battle Base.
Super Sentai Legend Wars
Spade Ace is Among The vast pantheon of rangers who feature in the mobile game
Super Sentai Legend Wars.
As Spade Ace, Goro's cybernetic bionic enhancements allowed him to manipulate Atomic Energy in a wide variety of ways:
- Moving at super speed by activating his “Kosouku [Acceleration] Switch”
- Seeing through walls and other barriers using his X-ray vision (Chu Seishi [Neutron] Scope)
- Enhanced hearing using his “Enkaku Shuon Souchi [Ultra Sound Device]”
- Enhancing the impact of his blows
Spade Ace also wields a number of specially designed weapons, chief among which is his “Spade Arts” power bow. With the Spade Art, Sakurai is able to shoot “atomic charged” arrows which can puncture and bore through most substances. The Spade Arts bow can also be converted into a whip which can bind an opponent.
Spade Ace wears a red cloth suit with white arms and a sash that possesses several holsters within it with a bronze-colored medal around the right side with the letter "A", representing "Ace". His gloves are red while his boots are white in color. A silver belt with more holsters surround his body with the buckle for J.A.K.Q. in the center; while with a small yellow cape around his back. His helmet possesses a blue Spade representing his card suite, but unlike his teammates his helmet is completely red outside the Spade. Above the Spade is the letter "A".
Legend Sentai Devices
The Spade Ace Ranger Key (スペードエースレンジャーキー Supēdo Ēsu Renjā Kī?) is Goro Sakurai's personal Ranger Key and what became of his powers after he along with the rest of the 34 Super Sentai sacrificed their powers to end the Great Legend War.
This key along with the majority of the Ranger Keys were collected by the Red Pirates and later used by the Gokaigers. The Spade Ace Ranger Key was mainly used by Captain Marvelous (Gokai Red), who used it to fight as Spade Ace. It was also used by Gai Ikari on one occasion.
- Alongside Joe, Ahim, and Don, as they became the original four Jackers while fighting Action Commander Nanonanoda.
- When the Gokaigers became JAKQ in their fight against Action Commander Zaggai.
- When the Gokaigers became JAKQ in order to use the Big Bomber cannon against Action Commander Shieldon in a vain attempt to penetrate his shield.
- Gai uses this key alongside all other Red keys after being merged with Captain Marvelous by Insarn.
- While fighting against Kamen Rider Decade who had transformed into Kamen Rider Blade.
The J.A.K.Q. keys, along with all the Ranger Keys of the first 33 Super Sentai, were briefly taken by the Black Cross King and turned into Ranger puppets that were fought by the Gokaigers and the Goseigers. The J.A.K.Q. keys were defeated by Super Gosei Red.
After Zangyack were finally defeated, the Gokaigers gave the Ranger Keys back to their rightful owners. Goro received his key and became Spade Ace once more.
The Legend Sentai Ressha (レジェンド戦隊レッシャー Rejendo Sentai Ressha?) are Ressha based on the mecha, specifically those belonging to the Red heroes, of the ToQgers' predeceeding Super Sentai teams. They can form a unique combination of ToQ-Oh reminiscent of past Sentai Robos by switching with Red Ressha. The ToQ Changer toy is shown to have sounds for Legend Ressha of all 37 previous Sentai.
As the second Red, Spade Ace's Red Warrior Spirit was embodied by AkaRed.
Behind the scenes
As Spade Ace, his suit actor was Jyunichi Haruta, in one of his two suit roles as the Red; the other being Takayuki Hiba/Vul Eagle II. He would be more well known on camera as Kanpei Kuroda/Goggle Black of Dai Sentai Goggle V and Ryuu Hoshikawa/DynaBlack of Kagaku Sentai Dynaman.
Spade Ace has one leitmotif, entitled "Spade Ace Wakai Shishi".
- He is the only Red Ranger in the entire series to start as a leader and later become a non-leader.
- He shares his first name with Goro Hoshino, the Red of Chouriki Sentai Ohranger.
- Goro is the only member of J.A.K.Q. who does not possess a white helmet.
- Due to his team starting with an even number and his stepping down as leader, Goro is the only Sentai Red Ranger to have never been the center of his team formation.
- Goro is the only Red Ranger from the first 15 Sentai who never had Kazuo Nibori as a suit actor (his main suit actor was Jun'ichi Haruta).
- Rocky DeSantos - Power Rangers counterpart in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. See comparison page. - The first Red Ranger to not be a leader.