|This article is about a/an ranger in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.|
|Sentai Show:||Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger|
|First Appearance:||Tensou Sentai Goseiger vs. Shinkenger: Epic on Ginmaku|
|Last Full Appearance:||Kamen Rider × Super Sentai × Space Sheriff: Super Hero Taisen Z|
|Number of Episode Appearances:||51 (episodes)|
Full list of appearances
Don Dogoier (ドン･ドッゴイヤー, Don Doggoiyā), better known in the crew as "Doctor" (博士, Hakase) is Gokai Green of the Gokaigers.
to be added
Super Hero Taisen
When Marvelous takes control of Dai-Zangyack and leads them in battle against Kamen Riders, Don and Joe join with Daiki Kaito (Kamen Rider Diend), who is looking for Marvelous' treasure, and Hina Izumi, a friend of Eiji Hino (Kamen Rider OOO), in finding out. They eventually meet the crew of the time-travelling DenLiner.
Go-Busters vs. Gokaiger
to be added
Super Hero Taisen Z
to be added
Video Game appearances
Gokaiger had two video games released during its run, Super Sentai Battle: Ranger Cross and Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger: Gathered Transformation! 35 Sentai!. Gokai Green appeared with his team in both of them.
Super Sentai Battle: Ranger Cross
to be added
Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger: Gathered Transformation! 35 Sentai!
to be added
He is a pacifist who causes trouble because he wants to avoid fighting. When frightened, Don will cower behind either Luka or Joe, but mostly Luka, often resulting in an elbow to the stomach.
Like his predecessor Shinken Green, Don possesses the least amount of skill, as shown from his falling from tall buildings. In battle, however, he duel-wields the Gokai Guns, focusing his fire on a single enemy in turn without the acrobatic flourish of Gokai Pink.
- Main Article: Gokai Changes
As a Gokaiger, Gokai Green has access to the powers of any past ranger. While there's the obvious preference for green or black, he has also been seen using other color rangers' suits and powers.
- Green2 (Episode 19, 28)
- Bio Team Kick
- Bio Electron Charge
- Shishiranger (Episode 5, 22, 33, 45, 47)
- OhGreen (Episode 12, 22, 31)
- Green Racer (Episode 14)
- Gokai Kurumagic Attack
- GingaGreen (Episode 11, 13, 20, 43, 47)
- TimeGreen (Episode 24, 39, 40, Go-Busters vs. Gokaiger)
- DekaGreen SWAT Mode (Episode 51)
- MagiGreen (Episode 1, 3, 43, 49)
- Go-On Green (Episode 5, 199 Heroes Movie, 19, 36)
- Battle Kenya (The Flying Ghost Ship, Episode 35, 44, Gokaiger vs. Gavan, 51)
- GoggleBlack (Episode 8, Go-Busters vs. Gokaiger)
- Ribbon Sparks
- DynaBlack (Episode 11, 199 Heroes Movie, 32, 51)
- Black Art of Delivery
- Great Explosion
- Super Dynamite
- New Super Dynamite
- Black Mask (Episode 28)
- Life Aura
- Black Turbo (Episode 9, 14, 51)
- Combination Attack
- FiveBlack (199 Heroes Movie, Episode 42)
- MegaBlack (Episode 24, 34, 39, 51)
- Black Lion Rio (Episode 42)
- TimeBlue (Episode 45)
- HurricaneYellow (Episode 44)
- Super Ninpou: Shadow Dance
- KabutoRaiger (Episode 2, 24, 41, 47, Go-Busters vs. Gokaiger)
- AbareKiller (Gokaiger vs. Gavan)
- MagiRed (Stageshow)
- Great Sword Man Zubaan (Episode 51)
- Zubaan Sacred Sword Mode (Episode 51)
- GekiRed (Stageshow)
- Kamen Rider OOO Gatakiriba Combo (Super Hero Taisen)
- Jiraiya (Super Hero Taisen Z)
- As shown in cards, Gokai Green, along with the other Gokaigers, can use Gai's Gold Anchor Key to become Gokai Green Gold Mode. However, as it is Gai's key, Gokai Green's Gold Mode is identical to GokaiSilver's Gold Mode, with the 15 Sixth Rangers rather than his 33 counterparts.
The Gokai Green Ranger Key (ゴーカイグリーンレンジャーキー Gōkai Gurīn Renjā Kī?) is Don's personal Ranger Key which allows him to transform into Gokai Green. Whereas the keys of the 34 Sentai were created out of the sacrifice of their powers in the Great Legend War, the origin of the Gokaiger Ranger Keys is unknown, though it can be assumed AkaRed had a role in their creation.
As with the other Gokaiger Ranger Keys, this key is commonly used in the Gokaigers' Ranger Key-compatible arsenal and mecha for different functions and attacks.
During the Gokaigers' Christmas Eve battle, Gai borrowed the Gokai Green Ranger Key and the Gokai Red key and merged them into the Gokai Christmas Ranger Key, allowing him to assume a special hybrid form of Gokai Red and Gokai Green called Gokai Christmas.
His bounty is initially Z=100 but this is eventually raised to Z=1,000. This is then raised even further to Z=5,000. And yet further to 10,000. And again to 300,000, boosted due to his part in slaying Damaras, which is the same amount as Gai's bounty.
Behind the scenes
Don Dogoier is portrayed by Kazuki Shimizu (清水 一希 Shimizu Kazuki?). Prior to the series, Shimizu specifically said he wanted to be TimeGreen but not just because he liked Timeranger; his family was friends to the family of Masahiro Kuranuki, who portrayed Sion (the very first alien Sentai hero and another Green), and he wanted to do it in honor of him. Kazuki Shimizu also appeared as himself in A Day of One Hero, a mockumentary centering around his role as Don.
As Gokai Green, his suit actor is Yasuhiro Takeuchi (竹内 康博 Takeuchi Yasuhiro?), whose previous role was Gosei Red in Tensou Sentai Goseiger and later served as suit actor for Blue Buster in Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters.
In the Korean dub of Gokaiger entitled Power Rangers Captain Force, which aired in South Korea, Don as with the rest of the first five Gokaigers keeps his name (likely because they are not from Earth and thus don't have normal Japanese names), while his Ranger designation is Captain Green.
- Unlike the other main Gokaigers, Don is not the first Green who is an alien: he was preceded by Timeranger's Sion.
- Amazingly, Kazuki Shimizu (Don's actor) is family friends with Masahiro Kuranuki (the actor of Sion), with both coming from the same town.
- He is the only member of the core 5 Gokaigers not known to have lost a friend or family member. However, as it is known that his home planet was destroyed by Zangyack, it can be assumed that he did lose some friends and family.
- Don shares a few things in common with 5 of the other Gokaigers in terms of counterparts:
- He is one of three Gokaigers to not have a counterpart from every previous Sentai team, the other two being Ahim and Gai.
- He is one of two Gokaigers to have all of their counterparts share the same gender as them, the other being Marvelous.
- He is one of two Gokaigers to possess a ninja counterpart from a non-ninja Sentai team, the other being Luka. In Don's case, his is DynaBlack from Kagaku Sentai Dynaman.
- He and Joe each have a counterpart played by Kenji Ohba. In Don's case, his is Battle Kenya from Battle Fever J.
- He and Luka each have a counterpart played by Yukio Itou. In Don's case, his is Midorenger from Himitsu Sentai Gorenger.
- He and Ahim share the same amount of different colored counterparts (4).
- He and Gai share the same amount of Red Ranger counterparts (1).
- Ironically, even though Don is a pacifist who serves as a comic relief, most of his counterparts (DenziGreen, GoggleBlack, DynaBlack, Green2, ChangeGriffon, Green Flash, Black Mask, Black Turbo, Black Condor, MammothRanger, ShishiRanger, NinjaBlack, OhGreen, MegaBlack, GingaGreen, GoGreen, GaoBlack, KabutoRaiger, Bouken Black, GekiViolet, and Gosei Black) were the "tough and serious guys" of their groups.
- Taiyo Sentai Sun Vulcan is the only Sentai team where Don does not have a counterpart.
- 2 of Don's counterparts (KabutoRaiger and GekiViolet) are neither Green nor Black Rangers. Coincidentally, both of these Rangers come from post-anniversary Sentai teams.
- 3 Green Rangers (DragonRanger, Shurikenger, and Confrontation Beast Chameleon-Fist Mele) and 6 Black Rangers (Black Bison, KingRanger, Black Knight, DekaMaster, Black Lion Rio, and Go-On Black) are not Don's counterparts.
- While MegaBlack is technically the leader of Denji Sentai Megaranger and Don's main Gokai Change for this team, Captain Marvelous continues to act as figurehead whenever the Gokaiger change into this team. Out of all the Gokaigers, Don has the least amount of leader counterparts, as Joe and Gai have none.
- However, in Ep. 34: Dream Comes True, Don as MegaBlack appears in the center during the Megaranger change.
- Don is the only male Gokaiger to have any Additional Ranger counterparts, as all of Marvelous and Joe's counterparts are part of their respective teams' primary groups and all of Gai's counterparts are Sixth Rangers. Out of all the Gokaigers, he has the most Additional Ranger counterparts (Green Sai, KabutoRaiger, AbareBlack, GekiViolet, and Go-On Green).
- He is also the only Gokaiger to have more then one counterpart played by the same actor. In this case, GoggleBlack and DynaBlack are both played by Jyunichi Haruta.
Gokai Change notes
- Don is the only male Gokaiger who has transformed into more than one Extra Hero.
- Of all of his forms, DekaGreen is Don's most transformed Green Ranger with 7, including his SWAT Mode. His most transformed Black Ranger was Battle Kenya with 5. DenziGreen, Green Racer, and GoGreen were his least Green Ranger transformations with one each. Black Mask, AbareBlack, Bouken Black, and Gosei Black are his least Black Ranger transformations with one each.
- TV Asahi's page on Don Dogoier
- TV Asahi's page on Gokai Green
- TV Asahi's page on Gokai Green's Mobilate
- TV Asahi's page on Gokai Green's Ranger Key
- TV Asahi's page on the Gokai Racer
- Don Dogoier at the Kamen Rider Wiki
- Don Dogoier at the Metal Heroes Wiki
Jake Holling - His Power Rangers counterpart.