|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
- "Once the Power Rangers hear my magic tune, they'll be totally in my power."
- ―Gnarly Gnome[src]
He held the friends of Kimberly's deaf friend Melissa as hostages in a cave and made them dance uncontrollably with his music. He took them hostage alongside Squatt and Baboo. Melissa led Kimberly and the others to the cave, and Kimberly had Melissa take cover, thereby preventing her from seeing her and her friends morph into the Rangers. When the Rangers came Squatt and Baboo left him alone to fight the Rangers. He tried to fight them, but they beated him with their weapons. The Rangers fighted with Gnarly Gnome and defeated him with the Power Blaster, but then Rita enlarged him. During the Megazord battle, Gnarly Gnome first used his rake, but the Dino Megazord soon took it away and used it against him. Gnarly Gnome then used his accordion to confuse the Megazord and cause the Rangers to see illusions of a city in the empty battlefield, and to hallucinate Gnarly Gnome as a city building, and then a rolling boulder. The Megazord knocked the accordion away, putting a stop to the gnome's music. Gnarly Gnome tried to use his lasers from his helmetagainst the rangers, but they blocked them with a sword. Then the Rangers defeated him with the Power Sword.
Powers and Abilities
- Wields a rake
- Can shoot beams from his helmet.
- Plays hypnotizing music with an accordion. Can make illusions with his music.
- Gnarly Gnome was also the second boss in the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Super Nintendo game.
- Gnarly Gnome is the first monster to appear in footage exclusively filmed for Power Rangers.
- Gnarly Gnome's necklace was later used as a component for Plague Patrol #2 alongside a horned helmet-engraved head, a generic body, the silver-painted boots and armor parts of Master Kaku's final armored form (unused in MMPR Season Two), and the right arm of Kamaitachi's enlarged form (unused in MMPR Season Three).