|This article is about a/an villain in Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger.|
Ginis (ジニス Jinisu) is the main antagonist of Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger. He is the Deathgaliens' owner (オーナー Ōnā), who loves playing with the lives of others. Residing aboard the Deathgalien's space-faring base, the Sagittari Ark, he oversees the Team Leaders directing their Players to attack Earth while he watches. His cells are embedded in Continue Coins that Naria uses to grow defeated monsters. He awards a prize to the winner of his Blood Game.
Coming into being long ago from a mass of conglomerate Moebas, driven by his ego and self-hatred, Ginis created the Deathgaliens to satisfy his need to be greatly amused by the mass genocide of about ninety-nine worlds.Quval originated from.Among the planets was the world where
When the Sagittari Ark arrived to Earth, seeing the rumors of its brimming with life are true, Ginis declares it the site of the 100th Blood Game and sends the Team Leader Jagged to commence the slaughter. But the appearance of the Zyouhgers and their act of destroying Jagged impressed Ginis as he ups the ante by allowing his remaining team leaders Azald and Quval compete against each other to see which of their groups can kill the Zyuohgers and destroy Earth first.
After a series of defeats from both players and his commanders, he decided to participate in the Game himself. He introduced himself to Earth, and created a barrier which would erase anything on contact. The barrier would continue to decrease in radius unless the Zyuohgers located the deactivation switch to destroy the barrier. The Zyuohgers found the switch in time, but once the barrier deactivated, the switch transformed into Massacre Machine Gift, a robot Ginis didn't use on other planets often because it made the Game too one-sided in Deathgalien's favor. Gift easily defeated both the Zyuoghers and their mecha.
He sent Naria in search for Zyumans, and was able to obtain three Zyumans: a Rhino, a Wolf, and a Crocodile. He infused the three Zyumans' life energies into a single human named Misao Mondo, whom he considered a kindred spirit for having the same self loathing as himself. Ginis then send the artificial Zyuohger, renamed The World, to fight the Zyuohgers, and then called him back before finishing them off as a way of taunting them. After Misao began fighting Ginis's control, Ginis used his Continue Medals on Misao to regain control. It worked, until Yamato Kazakiri was able to get through to Misao and free him completely.
When Bangray arrived to Earth, Ginis found the hunter interesting, and decided to recruit him.Bangray tried working with them, but ultimately turned them down, continuing his hunt. Ginis found Bangray's actions on Earth intriguing, and decided to stop his commanders from sending more Players for the time being. Once Bangray was able to locate and lure out his prey, Cube Whale, Ginis launched an all out assault, attacking Bangray, the Zyuohgers, and Cube Whale. This drives Cube Whale into a berserk state, attacking everyone and escaping.
Ginis explained to his followers that with the Blood Game becoming boring, he was intrigued when Bangray arrived on Earth and plotted to capture whatever prey the hunter was after. Ginis gave Nalia a Custom Massacre Machine Gift for her to use to capture Cube Whale. Before the robot was destroyed by Dodekai-Oh, Ginis ordered Nalia to return with the robot's memory core. She obeyed, and Ginis announced he no longer needed Cube Whale, and that the data within the core was all they needed.Ginis uses the black box when Quval launches his trap after abducting Naria, revealing that he knew of his subordinate's treachery as he uses Cube Whale's data to siphon the Earth's energies and transform into Shin Ginis. Ginis quickly displays his new power by wiping all but three of Quval's replicas, enlarging them to pursue their fleeing creator. Rather than go after Quval, Ginis returns to Sagittari Ark where he amusingly watches a hysterically desperate Quval try to destroy Earth before he is destroyed.
Ginis oversaw Azald as he embarked on his hunt against Bud on Earth. Witnessing Azald unleashing his true form in his fight against the seven Zyuohgers, Ginis noted that his seal had been broken. Azald later confronts Ginis, breaking his ties to the Deathgaliens despite Ginis sending Naria to indirectly support Azald.
After Azald's destruction, which would normally end in a stalemate since all his team leaders are dead, Ginis decids to personally end the Blood Game by using the Sagittari Ark's arrow-like anchor as a conduct to transfer his cells into Earth's Core and destroy it from the inside. Ginis sends Naria and an army of Gifts to prevent the Zyuohgers from interfering. But the Zyuohgers use the conduit to pull the Sagittari Ark into Earth and crash it in the outskirts of the city. But Ginis survived the Ark's destruction, telling the Zyuohgers that he only needs to directly infect the Earth with his cells to win the Blood Game.
Chou Super Hero Taisen
An iteration of Shin Ginis leading a pack of Moebas was among the Shocker army of the Game World led by Shocker Leader III, the boss of the Chou Shocker Taisen bonus stage. This army was ultimately wiped out by a combined force of Sentai Rangers and Kamen Riders; Ginis was destroyed alongside Raimein by Kamen Rider Para-DX Fighter Gamer Level 50 with assistance from five summoned Super Red Rangers.
Ginis carries a shrewd and calm demeanor, considering himself the ultimate existence in the universe. He does not care for the lives of others, regardless if their are his subordinates or not, as long as he is thoroughly entertained by his Blood Games. Thus he gives the commanders plenty of leeway, allowing them to act without informing him of their plans. In fact, Ginis does not consider the Zyuohgers, Bangray, or Quval a threat to himself.
But in reality, Ginis's most defining traits are his massive ego and self-loathing due to his origins as a conglomerate of lowly Moebas. As a result, considering any form of compassion towards him as being the most unforgivable insult, Ginis would dedicate his full attention to the utter destruction of anyone who knows his secret, even if they were loyal to him.
- A copy of Ginis was created by Quval via scanning Naria's memory as a plan to lure Ginis into Earth so that he could get his revenge on him.
Behind the Scenes
- Ginis is portrayed by Kazuhiko Inoue who is best known for voicing Kakashi Hatake in the Japanese anime version of the anime series, Naruto and its sequel, Naruto Shippuden. His suit actor in his original form is Naoko Kamio (神尾直子, Kamio Naoko), while his suit actor as Shin Ginis is Hideaki Kusaka (日下秀昭、Kusaka Hideaki) who also portrayed Larry and Zyuoh King in the season as well as previously portraying Gengetsu Kibaoni in Shuriken Sentai Ninninger.
- He is by far one of the most evil villains in Sentai history, getting nothing out of destroying planets other than his own amusement and hiding his secret.
- Like with other villains of the series, Ginis shares some similarities with past Sentai Villains.
- His facial features and head sculpt look reminiscent of Juzo Fuwa from Shinkenger.
- His normal design bears a strong resemblance to Invasion Garden Ultimate Form DezumoGevirus with trace elements of Boss Tau Zant. This gives him a similar appearance to Ten-Faced Demon Gorgos from Kamen Rider Amazon and Ten-Faced Demon Llumu Qhimil from Kamen Rider Decade.
- His motives for attacking Earth, while hiding his true existence from his own subordinates, is similar to Galactic Empress Meadow from Fiveman.
- His subordinates are grown by a method derived from his cells, much like the Debo Monsters from Kyoryuger. His amoeba-like existence combining together to infect and cause problems is also similar to Bara Crusher from Ohranger and the Giant Zorima from Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
- He treats the attacks on Earth and making people suffer from them as a game, just like Mikoto Nakadai from Abaranger, and like Kamen Rider series' Jun Shibaura of Kamen Rider Ryuki and N-Daguva-Zeba of Kamen Rider Kuuga.
- His love of drinking wine is also a contributing factor of Mikoto's main drink being wine.
- His defeat is similar to Ultimate Org Senki from Gaoranger as both died by being hit with every powers the rangers' have and their death is shown with their bodies' stripping down to nothing, though in Senki's case, having the physical form be destroyed before his heart got exposed.
- Concept-wise, they also are made from multiple beings, as Ginis is made from Moebas like Senki is made from the remnants of the Highness Dukes.