|This article is about a/an episode in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
Fourth Down and Long is the one hundred and twenty-third episode of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
The 2nd Zeo Serial Short aired before a later airing of the episode.
Rocky's friend Alan accidently causes a smokescreen in science class by reading the instructions incorrectly. Mr. Wilton threatens to kick him off the football team if he doesn't shape up. As a result, Rocky thinks Alan may be having the same trouble as his uncle, famous football player Joe Haley, who is visiting Angel Grove. Bulk and Skull have been assigned to guard him.
On the moon, Zedd has taken an interest in football and is practicing with Goldar and Rito; he is actually quite good. Finster enters the throne room, presenting a magical centipede that can become a monster given something to catalyze with; he bumbles into their practice, dropping the centipede on the football. To Zedd's surprise, the two items merge into a new monster named Centiback. Impressed at the idea of having their own running back (which is a football player position on the field, for those who don't know the rules of the game), Rito asks Centiback to toss his ball to him. Rito catches it and does a Touchdown dance. He then vanishes in a flash of light. Rita searches the smoke on the floor to find Rito was turned into a football by Centiback; "He's finally useful". Goldar tosses the football to Zedd, who comments "they don't make them like this anymore - real monster skin." He tosses it back to the ground, where Rita changes Rito back. Dazed by being tossed around, Rito can only ask "anyone get the number of that bus?"
To be continued...
- Amy Jo Johnson as Kimberly Ann Hart (Pink Ranger)
- David Yost as Billy Cranston (Blue Ranger)
- Johnny Yong Bosch as Adam Park (Black Ranger)
- Karan Ashley as Aisha Campbell (Yellow Ranger)
- Steve Cardenas as Rocky DeSantos (Red Ranger)
- Jason David Frank as Tommy Oliver (White Ranger)
- Paul Schrier as Farkas "Bulk" Bulkmeier
- Jason Narvy as Eugene "Skull" Skullovitch
- Gregg Bullock as Lt. Jerome Stone
- Robert Zachar as Mr. Wilton
- ??? as Joe Haley
- ??? as Alan
- David Fielding as Zordon (face)
- Robert L. Manahan as Zordon (voice)
- Sandi Sellner as Alpha 5
- Richard Steven Horvitz as Alpha 5 (voice)
- Kim Strauss as Ninjor (voice)
- Carla Perez as Rita Repulsa
- Barbara Goodson as Rita Repulsa (voice)
- Ed Neil as Lord Zedd
- Robert Axelrod as Lord Zedd (voice) and Finster (voice)
- Danny Wayne Stallcup as Goldar
- Kerrigan Mahan as Goldar (voice)
- Bob Papenbrook as Rito Revolto (voice)
- Brad Orchard as Centiback (voice)
- Tony Oliver as Saba (voice)
- Ninjor's energized slash attack on giant Centiback would be the only time this attack method would be used.
- This episode marks the first speaking appearance by Saba since the change to Ninja powers, although he would be used far less from this point onwards.
- The rangers do not turn in their ninja forms in this episode.
- Second appearance of Mr. Wilton (first being "Wizard for a Day"). He makes his next and final appearance in "Attack Of The 60' Bulk".
- This episode is extremely similar to the previous one in that both episodes focus on Rocky and involve him being needed to save the other Rangers when they are turned into inanimate objects by the monster-of-the-day.
- The Masked Rider episode "License to Thrill" premiered on the same day as the episode.
- For some reason Centiback's football doesn't transform the Tengas that catch it.
- Tommy summons the Falconzord for the battle against giant Centiback, however it never arrives.