|This article is about a/an episode in Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger.|
Samurai Go West (サムライ・ゴーウエスト, Samurai Gō Uesuto) is the eighteenth episode of Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger.
The Dekaranger head to Kyoto, where they encounter an alien who learned the ways of Bushido from Ban's Shinsengumi ancestor and whom they must convince to return home without causing trouble.
(to be added)
- As part of Super Hero Time, this episode aired alongside Kamen Rider Blade episode 21, Battles That Feel for Friends
- This episode marks the overall 1400th episode of the Super Sentai franchise.
- The place the Dekaranger go to for tricking Zoinainan Baytonin is the Toei Uzumasa Eigamura (Toei Uzumasa Movie-Town), a park run by Toei studios (the company behind all Super Sentai series) in the Uzumasa section of Kyoto that is generally used in their Japanese period-films for depicting the Edo period. The setting is also used in other Toei tokusatsu series (for example, in Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle, it is used as Crime Minister Yogoshimacritein's movie set, where Joe Gibken, Luka Millfy, Hyde and Moune are sent).
- This episode's emphasis on the Shinsengumi connected with a major Shinsengumi craze in Japanese pop culture tied to Shinsengumi!, a drama about the Edo-era police force also released in 2004.
- This episode also contemplated the idea of samurai-themed Sentai abilities, which would not be realized in Super Sentai until five years later.
- The footage used for Ban's ancestor was also used in the corresponding Power Rangers S.P.D. episode