|This article is about a/an episode in Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger.|
The Zyuranger fall apart as they fight a strange Dora Monster who punishes those who get its riddles wrong.
Dora Sphinx appears in town and starts to give children riddles. When the children fail to answer correctly, Dora Sphinx blows them off to somewhere. While searching for the missing children, Zyurangers neglect to act in team and as a result, Boi and Dan are swept off by Dora Sphinx. The rest of Zyurangers find Boi, Dan, and the lost children are captured inside of trees. Furthermore, those trees are subject to be cut down very soon. The remaining three Zyurangers battle with Dora Sphinx, but Mei and Goushi are blown off into trees as well. Geki summons his Guardian Beast Tyrannosaurus to combat Dora Sphinx, yet Tyrannosaurus sends Geki to a bizarre, deserted world instead - it is where Geki has envisioned several times in his daydream.
- The riddle the first child fails with is the riddle of the Sphinx from the Greek legend of Oedipus:
- Q.: What has four legs in the morning, two in the afternoon and three in the evening?
- A.: Man (crawls on all fours as a baby, walks on two as an adult, uses a cane to assist walking in old age)
- A McDonald's sign is visible on the left side of the shot after the title card. The fast food chain would become later become a sponsor of both Super Sentai and the Kamen Rider Series following their union in the Super Hero Time block.
- This episode features the first reference to Dai-Satan, Witch Bandora's master and the ultimate evil of the series. Bandora invokes his name here to gain his blessing for Dora Sphinx's operation.
- Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger Volume 1 features episodes 1-10.
- The complete Zyuranger series was released in America by Shout! Factory in 2015.