Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article is about a/an episode in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.|
Joe's past is revealed when Action Commander Zodomas is sent to fight the Gokaigers.
After attempting to use the J.A.K.Q. and Battle Fever J Ranger Keys on GokaiOh, the GokaiGalleon realize they can not take a short cut in mastering the Ranger Keys' power as Captain Marvelous sends Joe and Ahim de Famille to pick up some food. However, the two stop in response to the Action Commander Zodomas, whose swordsmanship attracts Joe's attention and fights him as the Gokaigers battle the Gormin. However, the Action Commander overpowers Gokai Blue and takes his leave as the other Gokaigers arrive. While the others eat, Joe proceeds to hone his fighting style to counter Zodomas's fighting style with Ahim forced to watch before Joe tells her. As Luka tells Ahim to accept his reasons out of friendship, Joe completes his training. The next day, Joe finds Ahim waiting for him and as she gives him her Gokai Saber to use in his upcoming duel with Zodomas. However, Zodomas uses Sugormin to as Gokai Pink arrives to his aid before the other Gokaigers arrive. After the others assume the forms of the Gekirangers and Dekarangers to take out the Sugormin, they give their GokaiSabers so GokaiBlue he can use a five-blade fighting style to defeat with his Five-Blade Style Blue Slash. When Zodomas and the Sugormin are enlarged, the Gokaigers form Magi Gokaioh to ground Zodomas before destroying him. Soon after, Joe presents a "thank you" cake to the crew and is modest about it.
- Ryota Ozawa as Captain Marvelous (Gokai Red)
- Yuki Yamada as Joe Gibken (Gokai Blue)
- Mao Ichimichi as Luka Millfy (Gokai Yellow)
- Kazuki Shimizu as Don Dogoier (Gokai Green)
- Yui Koike as Ahim de Famille (Gokai Pink)
- Yukari Tamura as Navi (voice)
- Hirofumi Nojima as Warz Gill (voice)
- Gaku Shindo as Barizorg (voice
- Koji Ishii as Damaras (voice)
- Kikuko Inoue as Insarn (voice)
- Narration, Mobirates Voice, Gokai Sabre Voice, Gokai Gun Voice - Tomokazu Seki
- Gokai Changes in What Are Friends For?:
- With this episode, Don has transformed into both of his non-Green and Black Ranger counterparts at least once.
- This is the first episode where the Gokaigers change into a past team even though one of them is absent.
- Both of the Gokai Changes in this episode involve teams who, like the Gokaigers, have a Blue Ranger with a perfectionist attitude who obsessively train to hone their abilities like Joe.
Ranger Key Summons
- Gokai Blue summons five Blue Rangers for his one-man Final Wave, the Five-Blade Style Blue Slash:
- Coincidently, the 5 Blue Ranger Keys used in the Blue Slash attack all control the element of water.
- Joe's attack, Blue Slash, is one letter away from becoming "Blue Splash", the water-based magic of MagiBlue. Incidentally, MagiBlue was one of the five keys used for the Final Wave attack.
- With the five Blue Ranger keys in reverse chronological order, the MagiBlue key is the central anchor of the five keys.
- As part of Super Hero Time, this episode aired alongside Kamen Rider OOO episode 25, The Boxer, the Left Hand, and the Bird Yummy.
- When Joe and Ahim leave the mall, there are 9 shop "cards" on a signboard each referring to a Super Sentai series:
- First row: Chuuka Shokudou Sankai Kaku (Chinese Restaurant of the Shangai stand, Dairanger), Kyouryuu-Ya (Dino House, Abaranger) and SCRTC (Gekiranger).
- Second row: Ikkan Kenjou Kin no Sushi (Ikkan Kenjou Gold Sushi, Shinkenger), Tomorrow Research (Timeranger) and Wagashiya Imochou (Japanese Confectionery Imochou, Carranger).
- Third row: Shinobi Crepe (Kakuranger), Game Riribabita (Megaranger) and Snack Gon (Gorenger).
Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger Volume 1 features episodes 1-4: Ep. 1: The Space Pirates Appear, Ep. 2: The Worth of this Planet, Ep. 3: Changing Courage into Magic and Ep. 4: What are Friends For?. It was released on July 21, 2011.