|This article is about a/an episode in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.|
|Ep. 42: The Strongest Man in the Universe|
|Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger, Episode 42|
|Air date December 11, 2011|
|Written by Naruhisa Arakawa|
Ep. 41: Something I Don't Want to Lose
Ep. 43: To the Legendary Hero
After a battle, the Gokai Galleon crew discovers a magazine feature that says that Don Dogoier is a famous warrior who once slayed a powerful dragon, but Doc reveals that he actually has no memories from before he joined the Gokaigers. Damaras joins forces with Basco in an attempt to exact his revenge on the pirates.
After watching his forces defeated by the Gokaigers, Ackdos agrees to Insarn's pleas of giving Damaras another chance. Upon hearing this, Damaras accepts the task. Arriving to the Earth, Damaras attacks Basco ta Jolokia for failing to kill the Gokaigers when he had the chance, but he offers to spare the privateer's life in return for his help. On the Gokai Galleon, the crew is shocked to find Doc in a magazine, labeled as a hero who was said to have died defeating an evil planet-eating dragon. Doc apologizes for lying that he was a refugee from a Zangyack planet while admitting that he has no memory of doing such a thing. In hopes of regaining his memory, Doc dines at a high class restaurant with Luka, Gai, and Ahim where the story of how he joined the Gokai Galleon crew is revealed. Soon after, on their way to find dessert, the pirates are attacked by Damaras as Captain Marvelous and Joe arrive, the latter recognizing their foe. Transforming to fight him, the Gokaigers find themselves outmatched as Damaras lives up to his reputation as the Zangyack Empire's greatest warrior. They attempt to fall back, but Basco and Sally block their only escape route. As the others are taken out with Basco and Sally, Gokai Red is defeated by Damarasu. Basco then incinerates the others as Doc is knocked aside with Damaras taking Captain Marvelous with the intent to have him suffer greatly. Left alone, Doc is horrified that his shipmates are killed and his captain in mortal danger.
- Ryota Ozawa as Captain Marvelous (Gokai Red)
- Yuki Yamada as Joe Gibken (Gokai Blue)
- Mao Ichimichi as Luka Millfy (Gokai Yellow)
- Kazuki Shimizu as Don Dogoier (Gokai Green)
- Yui Koike as Ahim de Famille (Gokai Pink)
- Jun Ikeda as Gai Ikari (Gokai Silver)
- Yukari Tamura as Navi (voice)
- Gokai Changes in The Strongest Man in the Universe:
- This episode features a special Gekiranger Gokai Change. Marvelous, Joe, and Luka change into the first three Gekirangers, while Don and Ahim, rather than changing into their respective counterparts: GekiViolet and GekiChopper, change into the RinJyuKen Warriors: Black Lion Rio and Confrontation Beast Chameleon-Fist Mele. The colors of this combination (red, blue, yellow, black, and green) is the same as that of the Livemen and the first five Go-Ongers. Ironically in episode 47 of Gekiranger, when Rio and Mele finally joined the Gekirangers, Jan gave them the names "GekiBlack" and "GekiGreen". In Gekiranger, Rio and Mele were notable in that, despite being Bangai Heroes, they were there from the first episode, while GekiViolet and GekiChopper first appeared around the midpoint of the series.
- With this episode, all 5 Bangai Hero Ranger Keys have been used in a Gokai Change at least once.
- This episode marks the only time the Gokaigers use the Black Lion Rio and Confrontation Beast Chameleon-Fist Mele Ranger Keys.
- As part of Super Hero Time, this episode aired alongside Kamen Rider Fourze episode 14, Stinger Onslaught.
- This is the final episode to feature one of the three standard Gokaiger ending sequences, as every following episode up to the penultimate featured the ending theme played over clips of Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger vs. Uchuu Keiji Gavan: The Movie, while the final episode ended with the opening theme played over the ending of the episode.