|This article is about a/an episode in Kousoku Sentai Turboranger.|
Counting on You! Turboranger (10大戦隊集合! 頼むぞ! ターボレンジャー Tanomu zo! Tāborenjā?) is the first episode of Kousoku Sentai Turboranger. It was a special episode that introduced Kousoku Sentai Turboranger and celebrated the 10th anniversary of Super Sentai with a teamup of the previous 10 Super Sentai. Himitsu Sentai Gorenger and J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai were not included, this was because at the time of the show's debut, Toei had the Super Sentai series begin with Battle Fever J. However, when Toei marketed Chouriki Sentai Ohranger as the 19th anniversary of the Super Sentai series, Toei retroactively included Gorenger and J.A.K.Q. as part of the Super Sentai series.
When the Hundred Boma Tribes begins an assault on Earth, the Turboranger face off with them with the support of their ten previous Sentai allies!
The newest Super Sentai team, Kousoku Sentai Turboranger, confront their villains, the Hundred Boma Tribes. They are soon joined by the previous ten teams who performed their respective roll calls (Battle Fever J, Denshi Sentai Denziman, Taiyo Sentai Sun Vulcan, Dai Sentai Goggle V, Kagaku Sentai Dynaman, Choudenshi Bioman, Dengeki Sentai Changeman, Choushinsei Flashman, Hikari Sentai Maskman and Choujuu Sentai Liveman). The Turborangers explain the story of each ten teams. Then the Turborangers face off against their enemies while the ten past teams cheer them on.
|Red Turbo||Riki Honoo|
|Black Turbo||Daichi Yamagata|
|Blue Turbo||Youhei Hama|
|Yellow Turbo||Shunsuke Hino|
|Pink Turbo||Haruna Morikawa|
|Battle Japan||Masao Den|
|Battle Cossack||Makoto Jin|
|Battle France||Kyousuke Shida|
|Battle Kenya||Shirou Akebono|
|Miss America||Maria Nagisa|
|VulEagle||Ryuusuke Oowashi (flashback only) -> Takayuki Hiba|
|Red One||Shirou Gou|
|Green Two||Shingo Takasugi|
|Blue Three||Ryuuta Nanbara|
|Yellow Four||Mika Koizumi (flasback only) -> Jun Yabuki|
|Pink Five||Hikaru Katsuragi|
|Change Dragon||Hiryuu Tsurugi|
|Change Griffin||Shou Hayate|
|Change Pegasus||Yuuma Oozora|
|Change Mermaid||Sayaka Nagisa|
|Change Phoenix||Mai Tsubasa|
|Red Falcon||Yusuke Amamiya|
|Yellow Lion||Joh Ohara|
|Blue Dolphin||Megumi Misaki|
|Black Bison||Tetsuya Yano|
|Green Sai||Jun'ichi Aikawa|
Allies Who Appear in Clips
- General Kurama Tetsuzan
- Denzi Dog IC
- Daizaburou Arashiyama
- Dr. Hideki Hongou
- Commander Yui Ibuki
- Dengeki Squadron
- Leh Baraki
- Hero Titan
- Commander Sanjuurou Sugata
- Takuji Yano
- Mari Aikawa
Hundred Boma Tribes
Villains Who Appear in Clips
Secret Society Egos
Machine Empire Black Magma
Dark Science Empire Deathdark
Tailed People Clan Jashinka Empire
Neo Empire Gear
Great Star League Gozma
- Star King Bazoo
- General Giluke
- Adjutant Booba
- Adjutant Shiima
- Queen Ahames
- Hidrer Soldiers
Reconstructive Experiment Empire Mess
- Great Emperor Ra Deus
- Great Doctor Lee Keflen
- Ley Wanda
- Ley Nefel
- Ley Galus
- Wolk and Kilt
- Sir Cowler
- The Baraboss
- The Jiraika
Underground Empire Tube
- Earth Emperor Zeba
- Earth Imperial Commander Baraba
- Earth Imperial Prince Igam
- Earth Imperial Ninja Oyobu
- Earth Imperial Ninja Fumin
- Earth Curiosities Beast Anagmas
- Ungler Soldiers
- Deathga Doggler
Armed Brain Army Volt
- Great Professor Bias
- Doctor Kemp
- Doctor Mazenda
- Doctor Obular
- Guardnoid Gash
- Guildian Guildos
- Chibuchian Butchy
- Riki Honoo (炎 力 Honō Riki): Kenta Satou (佐藤 健太 Satō Kenta)
- Daichi Yamagata (山形 大地 Yamagata Daichi): Yoshiaki Ganaha (我那覇 文章 Ganaha Yoshiaki)
- Youhei Hama (浜 洋平 Hama Yōhei): Keiya Asakura (朝倉 圭矢 Asakura Keiya)
- Shunsuke Hino (日野 俊介 Hino Shunsuke): Junichiro Katagiri (片桐順一郎 Katagiri Junichiro)
- Haruna Morikawa (森川 はるな Morikawa Haruna): Yoshiko Iwaya (巌谷賀子 Iwaya Yoshiko)
- Boma Doctor Lehda (暴魔博士レーダ Bōma Hakase Rēda): Masashi Ishibashi (石橋 雅史 Ishibashi Masashi)
- Dark Boma Zimba (暗闇暴魔ジンバ Kurayami Bōma Jinba, Voice): Seiichi Hirai (平井 誠一 Hirai Seiichi)
- Rage Flying Boma Zulten (かっとび暴魔ズルテン Kattobi Bōma Zuruten, Voice): Hideyuki Umezu (梅津 秀行 Umezu Hideyuki)
- At the time of this episode, the Super Sentai franchise was acknowledged as starting from Battle Fever J up to Choujuu Sentai Liveman. At the time of Turboranger, neither Himitsu Sentai Gorenger or J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai were acknowledged as part of the franchise, even with acknowledgement as recent as Choushinsei Flashman. By the 20th anniversary of Gorenger in 1995, both that and J.A.K.Q. were made permanently part of the franchise with the anniversary celebrated by Chouriki Sentai Ohranger.
- This has the third largest amount of rangers gathered together, with 53. The largest amount is in the Great Legend War, which is shown in both the first episode of Gokaiger and the 35th anniversary movie, Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle. All 34 previous Sentai teams (192 Rangers) appear. Super Hero Taisen has the second largest amount of rangers gathered together with 172.
- This episode marks the first time that rangers from more than one (other than the previous) seasons appear together at the same time.
- A special eyecatch is used for this special. The eyecatch before the break shows Red Turbo and the past 10 Red Rangers (Battle Japan, DenziRed, VulEagle, GoggleRed, DynaRed, Red1, Change Dragon, Red Flash, Red Mask, Red Falcon) posing. After the break, the eyecatch features Pink Turbo and all the heroines of the past 10 series (Miss America, DenziPink, GogglePink, DynaPink, Yellow4, Pink5, Change Mermaid, Change Phoenix, Yellow Flash, Pink Flash, Yellow Mask, Pink Mask, Blue Dolphin) posing.
- The footage used for Bioman ends up using clips that ultimately show both Yellow4: the original Mika Koizumi and her replacement Jun Yabuki. This is the only compilation with multiple Sentai that show both Yellow Four from Bioman.
- Coincidentally, the footage for Sun Vulcan only uses the first VulEagle: Ryuuske Oowashi, including his voice for the team introduction. Due to the events of the series, the VulEagle fighting in this episode is the second, Takayuki Hiba; likewise when audio footage of VulEagle appears in Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai, it is Hiba's introduction used and not Oowashi's.
- This episode is similar to the Kamen Rider TV special, Birth of the 10th! Kamen Riders All Together!!, which introduced Kamen Rider ZX and gave an overview of the previous 10 Kamen Riders, just as this episode introduces the Turborangers and gives an overview of the previous 10 Sentai teams. The obvious difference is that Kamen Rider ZX didn't get his own series.
- This episode is also similar to Power Rangers Dino Thunder's Legacy of Power, which is a clipshow giving an overview of the previous Power Rangers series. Both air roughly 10 years after their respective series' premieres. This Turboranger special aired 10 years after the recognized first Sentai, Battle Fever J, and 14 years after the now recognized first Sentai, Himisu Sentai Gorenger, while Legacy of Power aired 11 years after Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. The main difference is that Dino Thunder isn't considered an anniversary series.
- A similar episode would air 12 years later in the form of Super Sentai Big Gathering, which would be considered Timeranger's final official episode (though the story had ended the previous episode) and would lead into an anniversary season.
- The archived footage includes footage for three Sentai actors who had two roles; however, only one is seen untransformed in both roles: Kenji Ohba, who is shown untransformed both as Shirou Akebono and Daigorou Oume. The other two coincidentally were teammates as members of Dynaman, but it is due to this team that they don't appear twice, appearing for their other notable role but not for Dynaman: Junichi Haruta, who appears for Kanpei Kuroda (Goggle Black of Goggle V) but not Ryuu Hoshikawa (DynaBlack) and Sayoko Hagiwara, who appears not as Rei Tachibana (DynaPink) but as villainess Ley Nefel from Flashman.
- This special is mentioned by Nobuo Akagi (AkibaRed) in episode 1 of Hikonin Sentai Akibaranger: Season Two, during his roll call, "When it comes to crossovers, my favourite is Turboranger's! ... first episode."
- Instead of the ending, the Turboranger preview reairs, this time using series ending Zigzag Seishun Road as the background music and with new clips including the teacher, Misa Yamaguchi, before a preview for the actual first episode next time
- This episode was originally to air on February 18th, 1989, but was pushed back one week due to the death of Hirohito, the emperor of Japan, in January.
Kousoku Sentai Turboranger Volume 1 features episodes 1-10.