|This article is about a/an episode in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.|
A Privateer Appears (私掠船現る Shiryakusen Arawaru?) is the fifteenth episode of Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger. It is also the first part of the two-part debut of Basco ta Jolokia, which concludes with Clash! Sentai vs. Sentai.
On the Gokai Galleon, the crew talk about how their bounty have raised much higher than that of the Red Pirates. Ignoring the comment, Captain Marvelous tells Navi to foretell their next course. However, the robot parrot sees that danger is coming their way. At that time, a crimson Zangyack battleship arrives to Earth with Warz Gill learning that it is captained by a privateer under the Zangyack Empire. The crew then meet the privateer, which Captain Marvelous identifies as Basco ta Jolokia who has also come for the Greatest Treasure. To everyone's shock, Marvelous tries to attack Basco before three giant Sugormin appear on orders from Damaras. Forced to let Basco go, a hesitant Captain Marvelous forms Gokaioh as he and the others assume their Gokaiger forms to defeat them with the Ranger Keys while Basco watches.
Soon after, though Marvelous is initially relucant to talk about it, the team learn that Basco was also a member of the Red Pirates and was the one responsible for the 3-man group's destruction in an act of treachery. At that time, after talking with Damaras, Basco calls Marvelous out for a duel. Despite Marvelous' insistence, the team joins him in confronting Basco after he revealed that he possesses Ranger Keys of the extra Sentai heroes as he uses his trumpet to conjure DragonRanger, KingRanger, TimeFire, Shurikenger, and DekaBreak.
Though the Gokaigers manage to defeat the sixth hero Sentai Warriors in one-on-one duels, returned to their original Ranger Key forms, the tables are turned in Basco's favor by overwhelming the pirates with KibaRanger, MegaSilver, GaoSilver, AbareKiller, MagiShine, BoukenSilver, the Go-On Wings, Shinken Gold, and Gosei Knight. With his crew brutally beaten without mercy, Marvelous realizes they are Basco's actual targets and is powerless to save them. He is left with the Ranger Keys of the five warriors that were defeated as Basco takes his shipmates captive.
- Ryota Ozawa as Captain Marvelous (Gokai Red)
- Yuki Yamada as Joe Gibken (Gokai Blue)
- Mao Ichimichi as Luka Millfy (Gokai Yellow)
- Kazuki Shimizu as Don Dogoier (Gokai Green)
- Yui Koike as Ahim de Famille (Gokai Pink)
- Yukari Tamura as Navi (voice)
- Hirofumi Nojima as Warz Gill (voice)
- Gaku Shindo as Barizorg (voice)
- Koji Ishii as Damaras (voice)
- Kikuko Inoue as Insarn (voice)
- Kei Hosogai as Basco ta Jolokia
- Toru Omura as Sally
Ranger Key Summons
- With his Sixth Ranger Keys, Basco summons manifestations of Sixth Rangers to fight against the Gokaigers:
- Marvelous is the only Gokaiger who does not fight a Silver Ranger, while only Don fights more than one Silver Ranger.
- Except for DekaBreak, all of the initial Ranger Summons are all of the Sixth Rangers that are not White, Gold or Silver in color.
- As part of Super Hero Time, this episode aired alongside Kamen Rider OOO episode 36, Broken Dreams, the Body, and the Greeed Resurrection.
- This is the first episode of Gokaiger in which the entire team do not change into any past Sentai Rangers.
- The first appearance of Basco ta Jolokia, and the first appearance of Sixth Ranger Keys.
- Like the previous episode, the ending sequence is replaced with clips from Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle, with members of the Sentai team appearing when the team is called. The second verse of Super Sentai Hero Getter is played, although the previous episode played the third verse, and the episode before that played the first verse.
- After the next time trailer, a promo for Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle, the same one as seen in the previous episode, is once again played.
Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger Volume 4 features episodes 13-16: Ep. 13: Tell Me the Way, Ep. 14: Now More Road Safety, Ep. 15: A Privateer Appears and Ep. 16: Clash! Sentai vs. Sentai. It was released on October 21, 2011.