|This article is about a/an movie in Engine Sentai Go-Onger.|
Engine Sentai Go-onger: Boom Boom! Bang Bang! GekijōBang!! (炎神戦隊ゴーオンジャー BUNBUN！BANBAN！劇場BANG!! Enjin Sentai Gōonjā Bunbun! Banban! Gekijōban!!) is the theatrical film adaptation of the Japanese 2008 Super Sentai series Engine Sentai Go-onger. As with all of the Super Sentai films, Boom Boom! Bang Bang! GekijōBang!! is a double bill with the film for the 2008 Kamen Rider series Kamen Rider Kiva, Kamen Rider Kiva: King of the Castle in the Demon World. Both films premiered in Japanese theaters on August 9, 2008. The film features guest star J-pop singer Sonim, portraying the antagonist Empress Maki.
The film begins as Gaiark Pollution Ministers attempt to break the dimensional barriers that separate the Braneworlds, recycling 13 Barbaric Machine Beasts to help them out. The Go-Ongers intercept the Recycle Barbaric Machine Beast Army in their Engines, managing to scrap the 13. However, trio of mysterious warriors appear and their actions result with the Go-Ongers losing the primary Engine Casts while being sucked into the Braneworld known as Samurai World (サムライワールド Samurai Wārudo), a dimension similar to Edo Japan where power is essential. Attempting to find the missing Engine Casts of Speedor, Bus-on and Bearrv while Jumbowhale and Carrigator work hard to keep the portal between the two worlds open, the Go-Ongers pursue the Honōshū.
After escaping a group of Samurai, the primary Go-Ongers run for their lives before being saved by Tsuki-no-Wa, who brings them to the others. But Raiken and Gokumaru arrive with Hant and Gunpei after taking Birc and Gunpherd's Engine Souls, forcing the Honōshū to reveal themselves as Engine Souls. However, they are unable to bond with the primary Engine Casts with the Yōma taking them. After learning the Honōshū's story, the Go-Ongers offer their aid in storming Maki's castle the day, finding the Sutō siblings who pretend to work for Maki in order to return the Engine Casts to them.
As the others destroy Maki's Yōma servants with Hyper Cannonball to get back Shishi-no-Shin & Tsuki-no-Wa's Engine Casts, Go-On Red is overwhelmed by Maki until the Honōshū arrive. Sōsuke and the 3 Shoguns fight Maki and defeat her once. Saki gave Tsuki-No-Wa's cast back to Tsuki-No-Wa and Renn gave Shishi-No-Shin's cast back to Shishi-No-Shin. Sosuke asked where is Retsu-Taka's Cast. Maki took it and she enlarged herself. However, with Engine-Oh and the other Engines fighting Maki in her monstrous form before being broken down. But Sōsuke manages to grab on to one of Maki's heads, fighting his way to Retsu-Taka's Engine Cast. Once getting the Engine Cast, Maki assumes her true form as the Honōshū risk themselves to form Engine Daishougun with Sōsuke piloting them to destroy Maki and burn her castle to the ground. With the battle over, as Samurai World's denizens return to normal, Engine Daishogun turns to stone much to Sōsuke's dismay. The Go-Ongers soon return to their world.
Continuity and Placement
Even though this movie debut between GP 24: First Smile and GP 25: Goodbye Mother, the best place for this movie to take place is in between GP 29: Stop Hiroto and GP 32: Search for Treasure. It must happen after GP 24 due to the episode being the final appearance of Land Pollution Vice-Minister Hiramechimedes, whose final departure leads to Land Pollution Minister Yogostein to go through several episodes of mourning which ends and is resolved in GP 29. However, it must occur prior to GP 32 due to the start of the arc that both introduces the Primal Engines and leads to the final battle with Yogostein.
In regards to it's placement with the net movies, it best occurs between the third and fourth entry; the third leading to the main plot of the film and the fourth beginning a parallel story involving Gaiark that is resolved in the final net movie.
|Go-On Red||Sosuke Esumi|
|Go-On Blue||Renn Kousaka|
|Go-On Yellow||Saki Rouyama|
|Go-On Green||Hant Jou|
|Go-On Black||Gunpei Ishihara|
|Go-On Gold||Hiroto Sutou|
|Go-On Silver||Miu Sutou|
- Land Pollution Minister Yogostein
- Water Pollution Minister Kegalesia
- Air Pollution Minister Kitaneidas
- Empress Maki (女帝・魔姫 Jotei Maki)
- The movie's villain, she rules Samurai World from Maken Castle (魔剣城 Makenjō) with a heartless outlook on life as she commands the Yōma, demonic beasts that terrorize Samurai World with Raiken and Gokumaru as her strongest servants. She tricked the Wandering Engines out of their Engine Casts, using them to erect her empire by purging Samurai World's denizens of all feelings but rage and violence, the same technique she used on herself. After being defeated by Go-on Red and the Honōshū, Maki uses Retsu-Taka's Engine Cast to assume a giant centipede-headed hydra form named Maki (魔忌 Maki) until Go-on Red takes the Engine Cast, forcing the Yōma into her true form Maki (魔鬼 Maki). In the end, she was destroyed by Engine Dai-Shogun with her castle burned to the ground.
- Raiken (雷剱 Raiken)
- The blue lion-like Yōma servant of Maki created from Shishi-no-Shin's Engine Cast, able to assume a vehicle form and uses a kusarigama/kusarifundo weapon. He was destroyed by Go-on Blue, Yellow, Green, Black, Gold, and Silver's Hyper Cannonball.
- Gokumaru (獄丸 Gokumaru)
- The golden bear-like Yōma servant of Maki created from Tsuki-no-Wa's Engine Cast, able to assume a vehicle form. He can wield four claws and a large shuriken. He was destroyed by Go-on Blue, Yellow, Green, Black, Gold, and Silver's Hyper Cannonball.
Internet spin-off film
On June 2, 2008, Toei announced on its various official websites that there would be a series of short five-minute internet movies that are spin-offs of both King of the Castle in the Demon World and Boom Boom! Bang Bang! GekijōBang!! to be accessed by a mobile phone service. In the case of Boom Boom! Bang Bang! GekijōBang!!, the featurettes are called Engine Sentai Go-onger: Bom Bom! Bom Bom! Net de Bong!! (炎神戦隊ゴーオンジャーBONBON！BONBON！ネットでBONG!! Enjin Sentai Gōonjā Bonbon! Bonbon! Netto de Bon!!), released on July 11, 2008. In "Bom Bom! Bom Bom! Net de Bong", the Gaiark Pollution Ministers begin setting up their plan break the dimensional barriers that separate the Braneworlds in order to create their Gaiark haven, setting up the opening sequences for the actual movie. However, while the Go-ongers are trapped in Samurai World, the Ministers attempt to take advantage of the event by subduing Bomper, who battles them personally when they attempt to set a trap for the Go-ongers as they return to their dimension.
- Dimensions Mingling? Bom-Bom (次元が混ざる？ボンボン Jigen ga Mazaru? Bonbon)
- The Barbaric Machine Beasts' Great Revival? Bom-Bom (蛮機獣が大復活？ボンボン Bankijū ga Dai Fukkatsu? Bonbon)
- Mysterious Three-Man Group? Bom-Bom (謎の三人組？ボンボン Nazo no Sanningumi? Bonbon)
- The Go-ongers Missing? Bom-Bom (ゴーオンジャー行方不明？ボンボン Gōonjā Yukuefumei? Bonbon)
- The Returning Heroes? Bom-Bom (ヒーロー帰還？ボンボン Hīrō Kikan? Bonbon)
- Sosuke Esumi (江角 走輔 Esumi Sōsuke): Yasuhisa Furuhara (古原 靖久 Furuhara Yasuhisa)
- Renn Kousaka (香坂 連 Kōsaka Ren): Shinwa Kataoka (片岡 信和 Kataoka Shinwa)
- Saki Rouyama (楼山 早輝 Rōyama Saki): Rina Aizawa (逢沢 りな Aizawa Rina)
- Hant Jou (城 範人 Jō Hanto): Masahiro Usui (碓井 将大 Usui Masahiro)
- Gunpei Ishihara (石原 軍平 Ishihara Gunpei): Kenji Ebisawa (海老澤 健次 Ebisawa Kenji)
- Hiroto Sutou (須塔 大翔 Sutō Hiroto): Hidenori Tokuyama (徳山 秀典 Tokuyama Hidenori)
- Miu Sutou (須塔 美羽 Sutō Miu): Yumi Sugimoto (杉本 有美 Sugimoto Yumi)
- Engine Speedor (炎神スピードル Enjin Supīdoru, Voice): Daisuke Namikawa (浪川 大輔 Namikawa Daisuke)
- Engine Bus-on (炎神バスオン Enjin Basuon, Voice): Hisao Egawa (江川 央生 Egawa Hisao)
- Engine Bearrv (炎神ベアールＶ Enjin Beārubui, Voice): Miki Inoue (井上 美紀 Inoue Miki)
- Engine Birca (炎神バルカ Enjin Baruka, Voice): Sōichirō Hoshi (保志 総一朗 Hoshi Sōichirō)
- Engine Gunpherd (炎神ガンパード Enjin Ganpādo, Voice): Kenji Hamada (浜田 賢二 Hamada Kenji)
- Engine Carrigator (炎神キャリゲーター Enjin Kyarigētā, Voice): Kyousei Tsukui (津久井 教生 Tsukui Kyōsei)
- Engine Toripter (炎神トリプター Enjin Toriputā, Voice): Shizuka Ishikawa (石川 静 Ishikawa Shizuka)
- Engine Jetras (炎神ジェットラス Enjin Jettorasu, Voice): Kiyotaka Furushima (古島 清孝 Furushima Kiyotaka)
- Engine Jum-bowhale (炎神ジャンボエール Enjin Janboēru, Voice): Tomomichi Nishimura (西村 知道 Nishimura Tomomichi)
- BOMPER (ボンパー Bonpā, Voice): Akiko Nakagawa (中川 亜紀子 Nakagawa Akiko)
- Water Pollution Minister Kegalesia (害水大臣ケガレシア Gaisui Daijin Kegareshia), Landlady: Nao Oikawa (及川 奈央 Oikawa Nao)
- Land Pollution Minister Yogostein (害地大臣ヨゴシュタイン Gaichi Daijin Yogoshutain, Voice): Kiyoyuki Yanada (梁田 清之 Yanada Kiyoyuki)
- Air Pollution Minister Kitaneidas (害気大臣キタネイダス Gaiki Daijin Kitaneidasu, Voice): Mitsuaki Madono (真殿 光昭 Madono Mitsuaki)
- Raiken (雷剱 Raiken, Voice): Naoya Uchida (内田 直哉 Uchida Naoya)
- Gokumaru (獄丸 Gokumaru, Voice): Masaya Matsukaze (松風 雅也 Matsukaze Masaya)
- Empress Maki (女帝・魔姫 Jotei Maki): Sonim (ソニン Sonin)
- Honōshū Warrior Retsu-Taka (炎衆の戦士・烈鷹 Honōshū no Senshi Retsutaka): Kento Handa (半田 健人 Handa Kento)
- Honōshū Warrior Shishi-no-Shin (炎衆の戦士・獅子之進 Honōshū no Senshi Shishinoshin): Jyunichi Haruta (春田 純一 Haruta Jun'ichi)
- Honōshū Warrior Tsuki-no-Wa (炎衆の戦士・月之輪 Honōshū no Senshi Tsukinowa): Mika Kikuchi (菊地 美香 Kikuchi Mika)
- Samurai: Seizō Fukumoto (福本 清三 Fukumoto Seizō)
- Ronin: Tatsuya Nishimura (西村龍弥 Nishimura Tatsuya)
- Young Samurai: Tatsuhiko Yamamoto (山本辰彦 Yamamoto Tatsuhiko)
- Go-On Red, Engine-Oh, Engine-Oh G6: Hirofumi Fukuzawa (福沢 博文 Fukuzawa Hirofumi)
- Go-On Blue: Yoshifumi Oshikawa (押川 善文 Oshikawa Yoshifumi)
- Go-On Yellow: Sanae Hitomi (人見 早苗 Hitomi Sanae)
- Go-On Green: Yasuhiro Takeuchi (竹内 康博 Takeuchi Yasuhiro)
- Go-On Black: Yasuhiko Imai (今井 靖彦 Imai Yasuhiko), Yoshifumi Oshikawa
- Go-On Gold: Jun Watanabe (渡辺 淳 Watanabe Jun)
- Go-On Silver: Mizuho Nogawa (野川 瑞穂 Nogawa Mizuho)
- Yogostein, Gokumaru: Riichi Seike (清家 利一 Seike Riichi)
- Kitaneidas, GunBir-Oh, Engine Dai-Shogun: Hideaki Kusaka (日下 秀昭 Kusaka Hideaki)
- Maki: Kōji Matoba (的場 耕二 Matoba Kōji)
- Raiken: Yūichi Hachisuka (蜂須賀 祐一 Hachisuka Yūichi)
- Opening theme
- "Engine Sentai Go-onger (GekijōBang Edition) (炎神戦隊ゴーオンジャー（劇場BANG Edition） Enjin Sentai Gōonjā (Gekijōban Edishon))
- Lyrics: Mike Sugiyama
- Composition: Takafumi Iwasaki
- Artist: Hideyuki Takahashi (Project. R)
- Ending theme
- "Engine Formation Rap -GekijōBang! Custom-" (炎神フォーメーションラップ-劇場BANG! CUSTOM- Enjin Fōmēshon Rappu -Gekijōban! Kasutamu-, 25, Movie)*
- Lyrics: Mike Sugiyama
- Composition & Arrangement: Kenichiro Ōishi
- Artist: Project. R (Takayoshi Tanimoto, Hideaki Takatori, Sister MAYO, Hideyuki Takahashi, Takafumi Iwasaki, YOFFY, Mayumi Gojo, Kenichiro Ōishi) with Engine Kids
- "Engine Formation Rap -GekijōBang! Custom-" was also used as the ending theme for episode 25 of the series.
- This is the only movie that features net movies.
- Outside Empress Maki, all of the characters from Samurai World, both heroes and villains, are tokusatsu alumni in some fashion; mostly Sentai but one notable exception:
- Retsu-Taka: Kento Handa (Takumi Inui/Kamen Rider Faiz)
- Shishi-no-Shin: Jyunichi Haruta (Kanpei Kuroda/GoggleBlack, Ryuu Hoshikawa/DynaBlack)
- Tsuki-no-Wa: Mika Kikuchi (Koume "Umeko" Kodou/DekaPink)
- Raiken: Naoya Uchida (Tatsuya Midorikawa/DenziGreen)
- Gokumaru: Masaya Matsukaze (Shun Namiki/MegaBlue)
- Coincidentally, Haruta had a special appearance in other projects with Sayoko Hagiwara in the following aspect:
- Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle with Mika as Umeko and Rina as Saki
- Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger with Kenji as Shiro and Masaya as Endolf
- Engine Sentai Go-Onger: Boom Boom! Bang Bang! GekijoBang!! - Official movie website (Japanese)
- ↑ 劇場版仮面ライダーキバ 魔界城の王・炎神戦隊ゴーオンジャー BUNBUN! BANBAN! 劇場BANG!!. Archived from the original on 2008-06-06. Retrieved on 2008-06-02.
- ↑ 「炎神戦隊ゴーオンジャーBONBON!BONBON!ネットでBONG!!」製作のお知らせ | 東映［モバイル］. Retrieved on 2008-06-02.
- ↑ 半田健人『ゴーオンジャー』でライダーへの恩返し | エキサイトニュース. Retrieved on 2008-06-02.