|This article is about a/an footsoldiers in Ninja Sentai Kakuranger.|
The Dorodoros (ドロドロ Dorodoro?) are Youkai grunts with warped, ghost-like faces and are clad in light-blue. That are able to "mold" themselves into human form. The Dorodoros have a fear of Nue, as he would not hesitate to kill them if they get out of line with him.
The Dorodoros were last seen along with all the other defeated Youkai, within the Seal Door after their master Daimaou was finally contained there by the Kakurangers. Reeling that they were now powerless in captivity, the Youkai all vowed that they would one day be reborn and regain their power, cursing humanity.
Super Sentai World
In the middle of the Kakurangers' battle with the Youkai Army Corps, the Dorodoros were one of five groups of revived Foot Soldiers along with the Batzler Soldiers, Grinam Soldiers, Golem Soldiers and Cotpotros, which were summoned by Zaigan in Emperor Daidas' invasion of Earth. The evil army was wiped out by a gathering of the five Super Sentai: Kakuranger, Fiveman, Jetman, Zyuranger, and Dairanger.
Several Dorodoros were part of an army of past enemy grunts that were fought by the Gokaigers in Los Dark's ghost dimension which housed the 1500 spirits of the villains defeated by the Super Sentai. After losing some of their number in an initial skirmish, the remaining members from each grunt group merged to form the Combined Combatant. Though the stronger opponent, the Combined Combatant proved to be unstable due to internal conflicting among the grunts composing him over who got to finish the pirates off. Taking advantage, the Gokaigers used the Battle Fever J Ranger Keys to destroy the Combined Combatant with the Penta Force cannon.
24 Dorodoros were part of a group of 100 revived Yokai that appeared on the day of Hyakki Yakou and were fought by AkaNinger and StarNinger. During the contest between the two Ninningers to defeat the most Yokai, all 24 Dorodoros are destroyed by AkaNinger using a Secret Sword Kakuremaru to replicate NinjaRed's Hidden Style: Full Moon Slash finisher.
- They are named after "hyu-dorodoro," a sound effect used in kabuki performances of ghost stories.
- The Dorodoros' emblems and faces bear resemblance to the figure in Edvard Munch's painting The Scream.
- Power Rangers did not adapt these costumes or use their footage in-show, though at least one script for season 3 referred to these foot soldiers as "Blue Putties", (in reference to footage which was to be omitted) a reference to the Putty Patrollers, Power Ranger's equivalent to the Golems of Zyuranger.
- Footage of the Dorodoros was shown in the United States in two instances separate from the actual Power Rangers show:
- Tenga Warriors - Power Rangers counterpart in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Season 3. See comparison page., the foot soldiers, though they are original American creations, completely different from the Dorodoros.